• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

.hacked

Ghostbusters: The Videogame
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW
Metal Gear Rising
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle

Here is hoping Borderlands pre sequal drops to 75% at some point.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone explain Euro Truck Simulator to me.

You drive "lorries" as the UK call them. You listen to music while observing traffic laws.

It's basically a comfort game. Boot up, turn your mind off and just drive. Like, the anti-GTA of GTA.

Lomax

Ghostbusters: The Videogame
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition ROW
Metal Gear Rising
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle

Here is hoping Borderlands pre sequal drops to 75% at some point.

Typically in the past other sites have had better deals on the Borderlands game than Steam itself and most of those sites this winter are only doing 50% off. Probably be next summer before it hits 75%, it's only a couple of months old.

Durante

I'm agonizing over Ground Zeros. If it was <10€ I'd already have bought it.

Of course, none of this makes sense, I don't think about 3.39€ when I spend them in "real life". But still.

I like what they've done with the votes, you don't need to vote three times a day to be eligible for the trading cards. Makes it easier for people that work to get the rewards as well.

Wonder if Temple of Osiris will get discounted already. Reviews haven't been that great but I still would like to get it.

spuckthew

Don't buy Dark Souls 2 because you'll have to rebuy in 4 months when the new version comes out.

Holy shit good shout...I was just going to buy it and relegate it to the backlog, but now that I know a revamped version is coming out I'll wait!

---

On a separate note, is MGS V: GZ worth it for a total MGS virgin? I've heard people say the game is just a glorified tech demo (albeit a good one), and it isn't very long (~2 hours).

You drive "lorries" as the UK call them. You listen to music while observing traffic laws.

It's basically a comfort game. Boot up, turn your mind off and just drive. Like, the anti-GTA of GTA.

Yeah it sounds really relaxing which is a gap not well represented in my steam library, but I do want at least one mode where I'm not on a timer with a mission or anything where I can just drive from Warsaw to Berlin or something and enjoy the sights and sounds on the way.

Yeah it sounds really relaxing which is a gap not well represented in my steam library, but I do want at least one mode where I'm not on a timer with a mission or anything where I can just drive from Warsaw to Berlin or something and enjoy the sights and sounds on the way.

I've only played missions, but you're never against a hard timer that stops you in the middle of a mission or anything like that. You're always given lots of time to make deliveries, and if you don't care about the management aspect it's exceptionally easy to tune it out and just drive around listening to the various internet radio streams.

Lomax

How cheap does You Need a Budget get down to usually? I see its at 25% off now.

When it's a daily it is typically 75% off. Given the reduced number of dailies and how old it is at this point, hard to say if that will actually happen this sale or not.

Of course, none of this makes sense, I don't think about 3.39€ when I spend them in "real life". But still.

What else would you spend that money in real life that it is not food? Video games are like everlasting, so it makes sense that you are more careful about since you can't play them all especially with a job.

Kyougar

Whats up with dark souls 1? I thought Games for windows live was patched out? Now I bought it and the effing Popup was displayed (and only sound on the right speaker ....)

Firstly not a daily or community. Secondly , check the price history of it using this.

https://www.steamprices.com/uk/sw/227320/you-need-a-budget-4

It has gone for 75% off at 7.49£, different in dollars, in the summer sale. Wait.

When it's a daily it is typically 75% off. Given the reduced number of dailies and how old it is at this point, hard to say if that will actually happen this sale or not.

Thanks for the link, Volotaire. I guess I can wait. Excel has gotten me this far. :(

In other news, Civilization Beyond Earth is 40% off.

How's the difficulty level in Valkyria Chronicles? I like challenging games, but not cheap. Tempted to snag that one if it goes on sale for sure.

Nzyme32

I guess. But doesn't everyone miss this?? :p

OkXbTgM.jpg

My crackpot theory is that Valve are still trying to focus on tuning the store since it's changes and use of "The Algorithm (tm)", so they are doing a pretty standard plain sale still.

Is there a program or a browser extension that can monitor a game for you to see if it goes on sale?
I really want Never Alone, but I don't want to pay $13.49 for it.

Nzyme32

If I was to donate a little more to your blog to help subsidise the cost, would you buy it?

You can free roam when you're not in a delivery.

How's the difficulty level in Valkyria Chronicles? I like challenging games, but not cheap. Tempted to snag that one if it goes on sale for sure.
I think it's pretty good. You can beat a lot of the levels if you don't have any clue whatsoever, but if you don't have any clue, it really takes a lot of time. There's almost always plenty of room for more strategic playing.

It's ok. Not the biggest thing.

Nzyme32

I was surprised with how challenging it was actually. Sometimes (so far for me) there have been solutions and tactics to complete missions that I wasn't expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom