• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ce-Lin

Holding out for Ass creed IV to hit a nice low price point.

same here 66-75% would be sweet for the ACIV game and the season pass... here's hoping :D

of course I will have mindlessly bought countless games while waiting for ACIV price to go further down...

Somnid

Welp, look like no Civ Beyond Earth this year. See you next year at <$20.

Dark Souls just on fake sale? I did say I'd buy it for under $5 if they removed the GFWL, though not natively fixing the performance still bothers me.

Links_fantasy

Wanting trails in the sky as a daily or flash sale also hope recettear goes on sale. I'd like to get half minute hero 2 but waiting if it goes cheaper.

Amneisac

I'm sure it's not the most popular, but Elder Scrolls Online is 67% off ($19.79). If it goes any lower for a daily or flash / community, I'm definitely going to jump on it. I can always get a good month for even a mediocre MMO for <$20.

So MG Rising isn't a daily?

In a roundabout way, it is.

When a game in a franchise becomes a daily, other games within that franchise could go on a further discount during that same time period. This one has.

So, in a way, it is a daily. But the term "daily" usually refers to the front page daily deals.

EDIT:

Do you need to have played the other metal gears to play rising?

You don't need to. But the storyline is heavily indebted to the other games and doesn't lay out much of a synopsis of the previous ones (thankfully... that would be hours.) The gameplay is tight and controlled, so you could go through it and just sleep through any cutscenes, I guess.

I don't know why Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den DLC never goes on sale in whatever event. This is really weird. The only article on steam that never got any discount.

onionfrog

Dark Souls 2 is on sale but the DLC isn't!

What in the actual fuck.

I just wanted to buy the season pass, already bought the game at launch. :p

Kadin

So is there no main theme event this Holiday sale or am I missing it? Just vote once a day in the Community poll and get a Holiday Trading Card?

Nzyme32

Welp, look like no Civ Beyond Earth this year. See you next year at <$20.

Dark Souls just on fake sale? I did say I'd buy it for under $5 if they removed the GFWL, though not natively fixing the performance still bothers me.

What rock are you living under? The sun has risen, Dark Souls is now Steamworks

In a roundabout way, it is.

When a game in a franchise becomes a daily, other games within that franchise could go on a further discount during that same time period. This one has.

So, in a way, it is a daily. But the term "daily" usually refers to the front page daily deals.

Gotcha. Valve really makes sales overly complicated. And I still don't understand why my profile has levels, and why people would pay for backgrounds and emoticons. :)

shandy706

How are the Sniper Elite games?

I'm eyeing V2 for $7.49.

I'm fine with Janky/Goofy gameplay at that price. Is it a good time?

I'm still waiting for my white whale: -75% off Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn.

It's unlikely... but I can wait. I swear it.
Valkyria Chronicles doesn't have a discount..... chances it'll go on daily?
Chances are good.
Yeah, I heard. It's doesn't look like a daily so I can wait to see if it goes down further but it's in range.

Dark Souls 2 is already a daily, so this is probably the lowest DS1 will go.

Someone explain Euro Truck Simulator to me.
The best explanation available, in video form.

Fordfx2

Dammit steam!

gC6tCLs.gif

inm8num2

So is there no main theme event this Holiday sale or am I missing it? Just vote once a day in the Community poll and get a Holiday Trading Card?

That was basically the auction - got people more active and built up some hype for the sale. All the market transactions led to increased Steam wallet balances for many users.

Brilliant move by Valve, imo, to do such a thing before the sale rather than during. Now people have to spend those wallet funds on something.

Amneisac

How are the Sniper Elite games?

I'm eyeing V2 for $7.49.

I'm fine with Janky/Goofy gameplay at that price. Is it a good time?

It was completely free at one point, so $7.49 does feel a little expensive, but the gameplay is actually quite good. It's really great if you have someone to play co-op with. In my experience it's a really fun game to play through once, but you won't get much mileage beyond that. I think $5 is a no-brainer, for $7.49 it really just depends on your expectations and how much you expect to get for $7.49. It's certainly not a bad game, and the gameplay isn't really janky at all.

Briarios

The Last Remnant is $4.99 so, I'll grab that at the end if it doesn't go on daily ... The big wait is for Valkyria Chronicles -- fingers crossed. I have a few others on my wish list I'd like, as well.

no regular discount on Valkyria Chronicles does not bode well for a daily :/

dleZ2Bf.png

probably what I was hoping for the most

and it was $7.5 in russia. blargh

Valkyria Chronicles doesn't have a discount..... chances it'll go on daily?

There is precedent for games without a two-week discount to become a daily deal. It doesn't happen often but I've seen it before. Considering it's had multiple discounts on GMG and it's published by SEGA, who is no stranger to Steam sales, I'd say you still have a chance.

As an aside: OMG OMSI 2 is finally on sale YES.

shandy706

It was completely free at one point, so $7.49 does feel a little expensive, but the gameplay is actually quite good. It's really great if you have someone to play co-op with. In my experience it's a really fun game to play through once, but you won't get much mileage beyond that. I think $5 is a no-brainer, for $7.49 it really just depends on your expectations and how much you expect to get for $7.49. It's certainly not a bad game, and the gameplay isn't really janky at all.

Yeah, I found out it was Free like 10 minutes after it quit being free. Was very disappointed.

I'll mull it over for a while :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom