• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My haul:

Batman: Arkham Asylum series pack
Bioshock series pack
Darksiders I & II
Divinity: Original Sin
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tale
La-Mulana
The Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Slug 3
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Papers, Please
Rogue Legacy
Shadowrun Returns
Shovel Knight
Terraria
Tomb Raider
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Basically I spent too much money, but I barely ever spend much on video games and don't have a ton of time to play them, so I should be good on video games for a long time!

Wait I'm also buying a PS4 for Bloodborne in a few months fuck.

megalowho

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Rise of the Triad, This War of Mine and Deadly Premonition. Also the Humble Weekly Bundle, which was probably the best deal I got out of the whole thing.

Was less engaged this year than I'd ever been for a Winter sale, and I have a pretty long wishlist too. Earned some cards but no interest in crafting a badge, that whole system just feels a bit slimy to me and I wish it wasn't such a focal point. Miss the days where the metagame was inventive and engaging, knowing how Valve operates it's clear the passion for making Steam sales fun isn't there anymore. Still good deals to be had, maybe someday they'll go back to creating unique events again.

gabbo

So my haul is the smallest it's ever been:
The Walking Dead Season 2
Collapse
And through GMG:
Deadfall Adventures

My wishlist still whittled down considerably thanks to gifts and grabbing a WiiU and my brother grabbing Rayman for it.

kitzkozan

I bought absolutely nothing and earned my holiday badge still. :p That's a good thing since my backlog has grown enough and I need time to cut it down, not pointlessly add to it. I probably won't buy much this year and focus on playing some of those games, what a shocking concept lol. 0_0

Aw crap, I forgot the sale ended at 10 or whatever today; I thought the encores would go on all day for some reason. Eh, probably for the best in a way. Less temptation.

Didn't get much this year compared to previous years.

Origin Mexico:
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare Deluxe
Dragon Age Inquisition

Steam/Sites Selling Steam Keys
Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes
Final Fantasy XIII
Darksiders II
Metal Gear Rising
Resident Evil 6

A bunch of Free games on Amazon App Store and Shadowrun, all the Anomaly games from Google Play Store. Plants vs Zombies GW is ridiculous fun, it has replaced Call or Duty as my multiplayer shooter.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My "haul":

Metal Gear Rising
Rise of Nations
FFXIII (via SE store)
Project Nimbus (gift)

About average for these last couple years. Wishlist has been building up though, stuff just isn't cheap enough yet.

Total Haul:

Nil

I win, In your face Gabe!

Seriously, I own over +400 games and only finished ~20. So I promised my self I'll only buy one game for every two games I beat and I'm doing great so far. Not buying nor playing games...

T_T

Oh that's smart, if I tell myself the same I wonder how long it will last ( probably till the next humble bundle)

Haul:

Abyss Odyssey
Democracy 3
Doctor Who: The Adventure Games
Lethal League
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Skullgirls
Star Trek
Tabletop Simulator
Tales from the Borderlands
This War of Mine

Will probably get Recettear on weekend deal to top it off.

So, with all the games purchased during this sale period there are bound to be some regrets. Either a game doesn't live up to expectations, or it just turns out not to be your style. Do you really make an effort to push through and play until completion, or do you just say screw it, I'm not having fun, and then move on to the next game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, what exactly can I do with all the expired cards in my inventory? Somehow, I forgot that the sale ended midday and I didn't have access to Steam.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So, what exactly can I do with all the expired cards in my inventory? Somehow, I forgot that the sale ended midday and I didn't have access to Steam.

Trade them to someone, get the rest of them in trades so you can craft the badge, or turn them into gems.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Trade them to someone, get the rest of them in trades so you can craft the badge, or turn them into gems.

It doesn't let me turn them into gems. I don't even get the option to. I'll try trading them away.

EDIT: Doesn't let me trade them either. I guess they'll just disappear after a while?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh, they rendered them moot quicker than normal. Aye, at this stage you can simply ignore them and they will disappear from your inventory like all Holiday/Sale cards do. Well, you haven't lost anything of great worth at least.

A nice new thread for all of those who wish to keep talking about Steam with us now that the sales are done. Still plenty of good deals will happen through the year, plenty of new games hidden and otherwise to appear, and we do a few giveaways from time to time.

People love it.

I've really tried to get into it but I can't. Insurgency is a lot more fun.

Most game modes have NPCs in CS:GO and they completely ruin all multiplayer games for me. I also dislike the maps. There are some cool modded servers though.

I'm in the minority though I'm sure.

Counterstrike starts to really shine when you get into competitive 5v5

Deadbeat

Banned
Counterstrike starts to really shine when you get into competitive 5v5
I rather play 1.6 then (which is what I do). Cs go is good for idling for crates and skins to sell, and then dicking around on 24/7 office servers.
People love it.

I've really tried to get into it but I can't. Insurgency is a lot more fun.

Most game modes have NPCs in CS:GO and they completely ruin all multiplayer games for me. I also dislike the maps. There are some cool modded servers though.

I'm in the minority though I'm sure.
Insurgency is such a much game than go. But if I want the cs experience, Id always recommend 1.6.

womp

They should have been that price during the sale. What a load of bullshit.

Yep, totally. I paid $6 and change for Recettear thinking the end of the sale was here so let me pay up and now and get in on this.

I just grabbed Fortune Summoners for $4.99 anyway. :|

feel

I rather play 1.6 then (which is what I do). Cs go is good for idling for crates and skins to sell, and then dicking around on 24/7 office servers.
Well that's an opinion I hope not many on the fence pay much attention to. CSGO is fantastic these days and the 5v5 ranked playlist is the best thing. Fuck going back to random rules and player counts on 1.6 custom servers in this day and age.

This really worth it?

Recettear is a must own to me. Fortune Summoners looks like it could be OK, but I had too hard a time just getting started playing that game with its antiquated controller support to ever find out. I played enough of the demo of Chantelise to not want the full game under any circumstances.

Zimbardo

my Steam Xmas loot :

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Gold Edition)
Gauntlet (got 'Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate' free with it)
The Walking Dead Season 2
Bulletstorm
Bound By Flame
Wolfenstein The New Order
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Assassin's Creed 3
Transistor

should be fun, and should keep me busy for awhile.

Ayumi

My haul:

Batman: Arkham Asylum series pack
Bioshock series pack
Darksiders I & II
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tale
La-Mulana
The Legend of Heroes: Trials in the Sky
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Slug 3
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Papers, Please
Rogue Legacy
Shadowrun Returns
Shovel Knight
Terraria
Tomb Raider
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Basically I spent too much money, but I barely ever spend much on video games and don't have a ton of time to play them, so I should be good on video games for a long time!

Wait I'm also buying a PS4 for Bloodborne in a few months fuck.
Felghana is one of my favorite games! Please try to play it ASAP and don't let it die in your backlog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom