• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

So MGSV Ground Zeroes is a daily, that means I can buy it right?

Also what's Flight Sim X like, I'm getting a joystick for Christmas for Elite so would be cool to have something else to use it with?

Dark Souls II 63%?

char_57250.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
that was my main thing when I mentioned "huh" at the two threads staying open, dont see orange online atm

It'll technically work in any thread but the main thread it's pointed to matters for NOLURKERS calculations as well as to help ModBot find posts to edit if the search engine fails (which it often does).

Pachimari

I'm really tempted by Flight Simulator X, but that's the only one for today. Just waiting for Wolfenstein, Alien Isolation and This War of Mine to go on sale.

Megasoum

Banned
Someone wake me up when The Legend of Heroes goes on sale

It just came out today I think

Yeah but what's I've heard from some hardcore FSX streamers who had access to the game for a couple of days now is that the game won't let you mod anything or install any addons.

Apparently anyway... That's all second hand stuff.

I had some credit in my wallet so I picked it up for 2$ anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Steam getting hit hard. This is why Konami should've had the damn pre-order. :|

I finally think i'll bite the bullet on Euro Truck Simulator 2. Otherwise patience will be my virtue today. However, its cool that all the community picks are gonna be on sale, and the winner just gets a bonus discount. Sucks it only one a day now though.

Lomax

I hate to be the "this sale sucks" guy, but why in the fuck would they have fewer daily deals during the winter sale than they did during the fall sale? That's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And no event at all? The auction was our event? Bleh.

Oh and the instant card from voting destroys the card value, not to mention no event. Thanks for nothing Valve.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wolfenstein: TNO is 50% off until January 2nd

So the way Steam sales work is that about 85% of the games in the store get deals that run until January 2nd. You don't want to buy those before the last day. The reason is that Wolfenstein TNO might be a featured deal some day--and for that day only it'll be 66%-75% off. So if you buy now at 50% off, you're probably throwing away money.

Of course that's your choice to make, and maybe it won't be a featured deal, maybe this is as low as it'll go. I just wouldn't take my chances unless you're ready for the possibility of being burned :)

I'm sad to say I'm at that point where I find it hard to become excited about Steam Sales due to the fact I own practically everything I want on Steam anyway, ha! I'm tempted to try Ground Zeroes simply to give my GTX 970 a work out. I already played it on the PS4 though. I have $60 in my wallet. I too may wait.

On another note, anyone know if the store has some secret sales? I seem to remember previous years having sales on games that weren't advertised. Is this correct?

MadGear

Hm, a 12hr interval on the flash sales. But oh well, not that it matters anyway because most of the flash sales during past steam sales were repeats of other days anyway.

I'm intrigued to get Metal Gear but other than that today seems to be a safe day.

Nokterian

It has begun!

gabenkburz.gif

Bless though wallet
It's thy old year
Lord Gaben commands
Give thy though money for games we will never play!

Heartfyre

The disappointment I feel on seeing Dark Souls II on the Daily Deals, only to see that there is no discount on the DLC, is akin to the Final Fantasy VII for PS4 announcement at the PSX.

Helmholtz

Hoping for a good sale on Wolfenstein and some indie titles I've been meaning to pick up.
May grab DS2 but probably will wait for a better price down the road.

Aaron D.

So am I not remembering correctly on Flash sale timetables?

It says 12 hours, but I could have sworn they used to cycle every 8.

This could be good for my mental health over the long haul.

Dsyndrome

Holding out hope that Divinity and Wasteland 2 get better deals than the Autumn sale, that's all I'm looking for.

WAIT FOR THE DAILY!

So the way Steam sales work is that about 85% of the games in the store get deals that run until January 2nd. You don't want to buy those before the last day. The reason is that Wolfenstein TNO might be a featured deal some day--and for that day only it'll be 66%-75% off. So if you buy now at 50% off, you're probably throwing away money.

Of course that's your choice to make, and maybe it won't be a featured deal, maybe this is as low as it'll go. I just wouldn't take my chances unless you're ready for the possibility of being burned :)

Was just saying it had a discount...haven't bought it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom