• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Seems like Steam is having less and less deals every major sale... Remember when it was like 12 daily deals and 3 new deals + community vote every 8 hours?

Which is contradicting the shear amount of games that have been added to the store in the past year.

Should I wait on DS2 for the remastered version?

The remastered version represents reduced value to PC owners as the majority of the features will be patched into the base version.

Salsa

header.jpg

currently $6, and it's also a daily (metal gear franchise) so buy buy buy

Is Injustice worth it at $5 to someone who sucks at fighting games and just wants to watch superheroes beat the shit out of eachother in single player only?

Definitely.
There's a lot of good single-player content (story, arcade, missions, etc)

Rising is a great pick-up at $6

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Damn I'm seeing a lot of games on my wishlist without even a base sale price.

E.G. Valkyria Chronicles 0% off. Major bummer.

KarmaCow

Could the voted bonus deal potentially go lower?

Generally no, outside of price mistakes of course. There are times where games get varying discounts throughout the sales but it's not something you can really predict. The best plan is to wait for dailies and checking in the thread for people pointing out what might be a mistake.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Finally bought it. Now to get home/off work to download it.

C8HxxJSqinoP.png

And the star of the show appears.
I thought they bought some extra server power or something since it held for this long, but alas.

Talyn

Is Injustice worth it at $5 to someone who sucks at fighting games and just wants to watch superheroes beat the shit out of eachother in single player only?
Yes, yes it is. My only complaint was the characters felt too slow. It feels just like Mortal Kombat 9 but superhereos should move faster than that in my opinion. Still enjoyed it though.

For someone who ignored the auction, what are the trading cards/gems/booster pack creator? I haven't been able to load the info page yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Beyond Earth isn't going to go any cheaper is it? "WAIT FOR THE DAILIES" is confusing now with that stupid store/discovery update changing things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom