• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Now you guys have convinced me to pick up SpeedRunners and it looks super fun in the Youtube videos. So where can I find the people here on GAF who play this game?

Hugstable

Banned
Just gonna hold out for a sale on FFXIII-2 and Valkyria Chronicles! Don't let me down Valvo!

I probably would participate in this sale more if I didn't buy a shit ton of games during the summer that I still haven't actually touched yet -_____-

Peru

how playable is it with a normal gamepad (xb1 in my case)

You can fly around but you will have to control instruments and various other things with keyboard and or mouse. Of course some planes are simple and others are super complex. Not for me since it is a sim but some people do it.

Kanokare

Just gonna hold out for a sale on FFXIII-2 and Valkyria Chronicles! Don't let me down Valvo!

I probably would participate in this sale more if I didn't buy a shit ton of games during the summer that I still haven't actually touched yet -_____-

Aw you changed your avatar from Sakura Chiyo. Miss playing with you dude. I know I say that all the time about you and Phoenix but I mean it every time !!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
NOTABLE EXCEPTIONS: If the game is an older part of a currently-running franchise, wait for the daily deal on the current entry, as they usually increase the discount on the older games. For example, the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 bundle is currently 75% off, but dMc is only 50% off, and it's a likely daily deal. So when dMc is a daily, they might increase the discount on the DMC3/4 bundle.
Oh shit, I forgot all about DmC's existence. You're right, ought to wait on DMC3/4, although I'm not sure if getting DMC4 at this point is safe, if the SE is a separate game. I dunno how that works.

Deitus

Oh shit, I forgot all about DmC's existence. You're right, ought to wait on DMC3/4, although I'm not sure if getting DMC4 at this point is safe, if the SE is a separate game. I dunno how that works.

No doubt it will be a stand alone game. It's possible that they could offer a discount to people who own the original game already, as many of the remasters on Steam have done in the past.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls 2 -- MB-0D30DB963ABE54CB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 110 entrants total.

t1418949220z1.png

Schryver

Got MGR! I haven't played any other Metal Gear games yet :/ Will I appreciate Rising more if I play through one of the others first? (I have Metal Gear HD Collection sitting at home...)

Dingotech

Only really interested in some State of Decay DLC today.

I'm selling some cards/boosters to try and get some loose change to make it an easy pickup.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Damage so far:

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
2 DLCs for State of Decay

Wish list
Far cry 3 / blood dragon, (got both on uplay but prefer to have on steam)
Far cry 4
I am Bread
Boardrlands pre sequel
Tales from borderlands
Game of thrones

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Got MGR! I haven't played any other Metal Gear games yet :/ Will I appreciate Rising more if I play through one of the others first? (I have Metal Gear HD Collection sitting at home...)

You'll appreciate it slightly more if you play MGS2 first, but it's really not necessary. MGR is more of a side story.

nah don't worry about it. its a really good game. although a bit too brown imo, but still fun as hell. boss fights are great too. make sure you play on hard, hard is basically normal.

hitmon

I know the general rule is to wait for a daily, but a few of the Marvel Heroes DLC is tempting at 50% off. I don't think those have ever been included in a daily have they?

Speevy

Banned
Is it against the rules to host giveaways in more than one thread? I'll stick to the community thread if that's the case.

Anustart

Uh...We talking about the same MGR here
and not some game like Bioshock? Because THAT game made me bored as fuck.
?

I too gave up on Bioshock.

For mgr, the whole draw is the combat and the combat boils down to mash x and parry every so often.

I loudly declared that I was done buying games until spring break.... And then MGS V went on sale everywhere.

Kojima is so based for marking it down day 1. He knows how big of suckers we are for steam sales.

Schryver

Might as well play the whole series at that point.
I think you will enjoy Rising even without playing any MGS.

lol. Well I will play the whole series if I end up liking the games. I have so much stuff to play on PS3 and PC but I can't decide what order to do it all in! Looks like Rising is short enough that maybe I will play it first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom