• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I just sold all of my stockpiles of cards and my last remaining sellable TF2 items and I'm sitting at just under $5 (4.96, though it'll likely be up to 5.30 soon), any good suggestions so far from the sale?

(edit) Wow sweet, nice list just above my post even!
La-Mulana ($3) or Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae ($2.50)

or this stuff

Bebpo

Banned
I feel like having a thanksgiving sale kills this since the prices aren't realistically going to be cheaper. If they were everyone would just wait the extra month at thanksgiving sale.

They should go back to just having summer & winter sale so you get price drops every 6 months + weekly sales/dailies in between.

Anustart

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anustart, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

t1cxE6r.gif
Mystery -- MB-AB2C14735F44A0E1 - Taken by billmcdougal

Reposting for new page, re-did the rules.

bought ground zeroes, I'm thinking of getting Dark souls: prepare to die edition, is just 5 bucks, have it on ps3 but would love to replay it in pc...not sure what else, might just wait for daily then

subtleglitch

Neo Member
bought ground zeroes, I'm thinking of getting Dark souls: prepare to die edition, is just 5 bucks, have it on ps3 but would love to replay it in pc...not sure what else, might just wait for daily then

You might want to wait for the "DX11 Edition". Yeah, they're releasing that early next year. Comes with all the updated graphics and the light engine we wanted and extra goodies. Although the current version will get the same content, but it won't look as pretty.
Up to you in terms of what you want to spend I guess.

LaffTrack

Neo Member
Get it. Opt in the steam beta version. Install DSfix. Set it to 60fps. Enjoy.

You might want to wait for the "DX11 Edition". Yeah, they're releasing that early next year. Comes with all the updated graphics and the light engine we wanted and extra goodies. Although the current version will get the same content, but it won't look as pretty.
Up to you in terms of what you want to spend I guess.

oh i mean the first dark souls, I'm definitely waiting for the dx11 edition next year :D

Dingotech

Thanks for posting about the Dark Souls 2 remaster coming, I kind of forgot about that and would probably have started hovering over the buy button at some stage today!

mrpookles

Got the Ground Zeroes/Rising double. Hoping Far Cry 4 gets some sort of discount, but unlikely.

Divinity: OS on a daily would be good, too.

Avinexus

Are the card prices expected to rise much (the holiday ones)? Or will they hover around their current prices since their isn't much of an incentive this time around to craft badges.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How is the DMC 3 port? Amazon reviews are mixed and on Amazon.

The port is very shoddy and requires a macro program + Xpadder-like program to get a controller functioning properly. Here are two pages with some recommended steps: http://steamcommunity.com/app/6550/d...69320373351964
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=115

It also has slowdown and incompatibility issues with some cards until certain music tracks are removed from the game. A lot of people claim not to have this issue:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/3715047/1/

Gurrry

How is Damned?

Cause it sounds awesome.

Me and a friend are thinking about getting it. How is the online play? Is it easy to connect to a friend? Or do I have to have a PhD in Biochemical Engineering to get it to work?

Lomax

For clarification, even when DmC goes on sale, DMC4 will not drop further. DMC4's lowest price on Steam is always $4.99. I suppose it's possible that could change, but it's highly unlikely.
It doesn't get the franchise sale? That's lame. When I looked on is there any deal, it said the lowest it went was always $5, but I thought that was with the franchise sale.

No reason it couldn't go to 80% off, other sites have had it for 80% off and Capcom has put other games at 80% off or more recently. It's not like it would hurt people to wait, but it's a good deal as it is of course.

Are the card prices expected to rise much (the holiday ones)? Or will they hover around their current prices since their isn't much of an incentive this time around to craft badges.

I can't see them really going up much unless Valve suddenly adds an event unexpectedly.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
For clarification, even when DmC goes on sale, DMC4 will not drop further. DMC4's lowest price on Steam is always $4.99. I suppose it's possible that could change, but it's highly unlikely.
It doesn't get the franchise sale? That's lame. When I looked on is there any deal, it said the lowest it went was always $5, but I thought that was with the franchise sale.

Also, does anyone know if the mod that let you switch styles in DMC3 on the fly ever got working properly?

The port is very shoddy and requires a macro program + Xpadder-like program to get a controller functioning properly. Here are two pages with some recommended steps: http://steamcommunity.com/app/6550/d...69320373351964
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=115

It also has slowdown and incompatibility issues with some cards until certain music tracks are removed from the game. A lot of people claim not to have this issue:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/3715047/1/

Thanks, seems consistent with what I've been reading, unfortunately. I may just opt to get the HD collection instead, it's not that much more expensive.

Hmmm, a bit tempted to buy Civ V Brave New World. I have Gods & Kings and I hear BNW is even better. The only thing holding me back is that I don't play much Civ anymore... but that could change.

Hmmm, a bit tempted to buy Civ V Brave New World. I have Gods & Kings and I hear BNW is even better. The only thing holding me back is that I don't play much Civ anymore... but that could change.

Now that Civ:BE is out Civ 5 is "finished" right, no more expansions/dlc.

These games have so much dlc I always fear jumping in.

Oh well, still have the other civs to play.

I actually jumped from GnK to Brave just a month ago. And I can tell you, it's easier to win games through Cultural + Diplomatic victory thanks to the dlc. Civ5 really showed its strengths with the DLC. It made me stay with Civ 5 and finally remove Civ3 from my PC.
Now that Civ:BE is out Civ 5 is "finished" right, no more expansions/dlc.

These games have so much dlc I always fear jumping in.

Oh well, still have the other civs to play.

Civ5 is "finished" now yeah, so its the best time to jump in.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Somebody should make a browser extension that lets you filter out posts containing keywords such as "any chance" "goes/gets lower."

I'm doing 20% off Steam games to cash out my Steam Wallet. PM if you're interested in getting an order in. You PayPal the cash gift I gift the game. Great way to save even more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom