• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 | OT | !

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You guys should get Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon. It's a charming as fuck PnC game.

screenshot_anim_03.gif

The dev is also a Gaffer and this is in the game.

Only $2.49. I managed to get a foil card out of it aswell.

Every time I read this thread I end up buying "one last game" for the sale. Well no more... after this one which I bought a few hours ago... and maybe whatever is in the Hidden Deals thread that I don't want to wait on. Oh and then last minute gifts. Beyond that though, no more!

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Torn between whether or not I should pick up Last Remnant before I end my sale. :/

I like FF games but when I tried this years back I just couldn't get into it and it's money I could be spending on something else.

Please help gaf!

Wow, I used to think all those sim games were a joke, I even gifted away Euro Truck 2 from a humble bundle. But for whatever reason (you guys here on gaf) I grabbed Euro Truck 2 as my sale finale and although I've only done one delivery I'm hooked. This will be my go to game whenever I'm feeling tired or stressed out. Just pick a random euro radio station and enjoy the scenery.

Euro Truck 2 is legitimately good.

Corpekata

Banned
Torn between whether or not I should pick up Last Remnant before I end my sale. :/

I like FF games but when I tried this years back I just couldn't get into it and it's money I could be spending on something else.

Please help gaf!

Goes on sale all the time, if it's just a matter of being short on funds.

Please help gaf!

If you buy it I will come round there and kick you in the nuts.

You will respect my authoritah!

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Goes on sale all the time, if it's just a matter of being short on funds.

Thanks, I'll just pick it up next time then. Have way to many JRPGs to play atm to add another one to the list. I'll just take a leap of faith and pick something up I've never tried before. Euro Truck Sim 2 sounds cool from those that played it.

If you buy it I will come round there and kick you in the nuts.

You will respect my authoritah!

Shit, now I have to buy it. :/

dmshaposv

just bought witcher 2 for the first time. Should I play it with the combat rebalance mod or not?

i'd prefer easier combat since ive seen my friend play it and combat is janky and awkward (vanilla).

I imagine the stuff in the Endless Legends Emperor pack is garbage you don't need? And is the Nuuvem version of the Talos Principle region free?

There's a few more games I'd like to get, but they're a little more than I'd like to spend on them. When I saw there was two days of encore deals I was hoping they'd have a bunch of the flash deals in the second day, but it didn't happen.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I picked up the Lego Batman 3 Season Pass, Shovel Knight and The Stanley Parable from Steam, Hatoful Boyfriend from GMG, plus the Square Enix Mystery box beforehand. Not a huge haul but a few decent games to play through there. I'm finding myself with a lot less time for gaming these days so I don't mind not adding even more to my backlog. On the plus side, I got my girlfriend heavily into Hexcells (she doesn't game at all) so it's fun to have a game we can play together.

titch

Really want to get Fez, Teleglitch and Toy Soldiers to complete my sale purchases but they just dont want to take my money :(

'An unexpected error has occurred'

Why WHYYY....

cicero

Alright, bought my final haul! Also, my Steam Library got way increased as older TellTale games' episodes are listed separately, meaning the three seasons of Sam & Max actually count as whoppin' 16 games.

Speaking of Sam & Max, why hasn't the original been released on Steam? It's on GoG now, right?

I don't know anything concrete about it, but if it is like previous games, GOG probably signed an exclusivity agreement that gave them six months to a year where they are the only ones selling them. Personally, I think GOG is a better fit for those older classic LucasArts titles anyway. :p

Finished Marlow Briggs, best $0.99 I've ever spent. What a fun game. Repetitive, shallow and easy, but a lot of fun.

Finished that in two sittings whereas I never bothered finishing God of War 3, heh.

Altima

Anyone has novel game, detective game or something to recommend me at this very last moment ?

I am enjoying Ace Attorney 1-3 on my iDevice and looking for more.

All I got this sale was the Vergil's Downfall DLC for DmC Devil May Cry. I'm hoping Lost Planet 3 gets a 75% to 80% off deal on Green Man Gaming or GamersGate.

Edit: Went ahead and got Marlow Briggs for $0.99.

Deadbeat

Banned
I wonder what will happen with the cards again. Will people be too stubborn to sell and thus let them self destruct and lose money like the summer sale?

Anybody having trouble completing checkout? Keeps saying my funding source isn't being accepted when I pay through PayPal on Steam and GreenManGaming.

Even though my account has funds and has no restrictions.

Sch1sm

Anybody having trouble completing checkout? Keeps saying my funding source isn't being accepted when I pay through PayPal on Steam and GreenManGaming.

Even though my account has funds and has no restrictions.

Weird, no. I gifted a friend HexCells a minute ago without any problem. Paid with PayPal, too, so the service isn't down.

So, I probably should have mentioned this earlier....but for the past two Steam sales, I haven't earned any cards for voting. And I voted every day either on my PC or on the app on my phone. When I vote on my phone it said "You earned 11 cards for voting 11 times", for example. But I don't get any cards. And when I voted on my PC it always says something like "You will earn a trading card after every 3 votes once you each Steam level 8".
I still get cards for buying games, just not voting anymore....

AsylumX

So, I probably should have mentioned this earlier....but for the past two Steam sales, I haven't earned any cards for voting. And I voted every day either on my PC or on the app on my phone. When I vote on my phone it said "You earned 11 cards for voting 11 times", for example. But I don't get any cards. And when I voted on my PC it always says something like "You will earn a trading card after every 3 votes once you each Steam level 8".
I still get cards for buying games, just not voting anymore....

Are you level 8? Because you need to be at least level 8 to earn cards from voting.

Look here...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So they won't last? o_O

Sale cards have had an expiry date since the 2013 Winter Sale (2013 Summer Sale cards do not expire and can still be bought/listed on the market, but the badges follow the same format as game badges: a one-level foil and a five-level regular). This time around they expire as soon as the sale ends (i.e. in an hour) as opposed to the day thereafter.

Pezus

Sale cards have had an expiry date since the 2013 Winter Sale. This time around they expire as soon as the sale ends (i.e. in an hour) as opposed to the day thereafter.

Damn. I had like 8 cards stolen along with my entire inventory a few days back so now I only have 4 holiday cards. Even if I get my inventory back I'm guessing the holiday cards will be gone :(. Currently I'm trying to buy up the rest to get the badge but Steam doesn't allow it.

I guess the only thing I can do now is turn the remaining 4 cards I have into gems before they disappear

Ah crap, I was in the middle of buying up enough cards for one last set, still needed to pick up Monte, Sage, and Sparkles. Do I just craft the other 7 into gems? I haven't done any of the gem stuff yet, so I have none.

Deadly

I relatively enjoyed Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall DC. Any turn based RPG games like them? Aside from Divinity:OS and Wasteland 2. I've also already played Baldur's Gate 2. Particularly looking something tile base like Shadowrun was.

Dumped all my cards this morning because of the 200 item limit for last year. Really bummed that the Alien Isolation items lost so much of their value. Really should've sold when they were high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom