• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

Stock levels of snow globe cards slowly going down... my fiendish plan to make £££ flipping a card may work yet!

Nabs

It's free, what's your steam name?

You get my last spare :p what's your steam name

Yeah it really is haha. I bought it 14 times xD I missed out on the entire steam sell so I said fuck it might as well go out and gift out a hidden gem :p

Sheeeeiiit. That's amazing.

Dr Dogg

Stock levels of snow globe cards slowly going down... my fiendish plan to make £££ flipping a card may work yet!

Hahaha did YNAB recommend that? I'm gutted I dumped mine yesterday. Not like the extra 40 or so pence was going to have me lording it up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol guys read the thread before jumping with your fangs out :p

I'll be nice and get you both copies though

Might as well get you one too if I'm doing that :p

PM me your info guys
I'm done after this though xD

go ahead and get me a copy of Hammerwatch while youre at it

(im joking dont do that)

Nabs

lol guys read the thread before jumping with your fangs out :p

I'll be nice and get you both copies though

Might as well get you one too if I'm doing that :p

PM me your info guys
I'm done after this though xD

I actually just bought it, so you can add another sale to your list.

Danielsan

So what are the odds that the Snow globe cards will drop to insanely cheap prices in the last hour? Right now they're only going up.

drgambit

Banned
What's this badge crafting thing?

ku-medium.jpg

bootski

So what are the odds that the Snow globe cards will drop to insanely cheap prices in the last hour?

using the last sale as indication, the prices will go up a bit as the sale ends and then in about a cpl weeks will go right back to normal prices. ~0.16/.17 per

Kadin

using the last sale as indication, the prices will go up a bit as the sale ends and then in about a cpl weeks will go right back to normal prices. ~0.16/.17 per
After 11am PT today, they'll all go *poof*.

edit - Apparently it says 11am on the FAQ.

Hasney

If Steam gets back up to speed, I'm going to shove them all up for 50p a pop and if they've not sold by the time there's an hour left, It's craftin' time.

KarmaCow

gotta love those trading cards, I was able to make it the whole sale with just my card money <3

I haven't spent money on Steam* since the Summer Sale thanks to trading cards.

*though I have used money to buy Steam keys from sites like GMG here and there.

The_Monk

Morning fellow GAFfers, just woke up to the email from amazon credit. Now I need to see which games will be discounted and when can I use the discount.

Thanks to the GAFfer who suggest using a US Address to get some goodies, I ended up using for gifting some games.

Coldsun

Banned
If something good has to come from this DDOS shit is that maybe Valve will improve their servers and security so that this doesn't happen again.

How is this a security issue? You can target any link that Valve uses as a uplink to cripple them. There is litterally no way to stop a DDOS from crippling you while still servering customers. You can't nullroute because hey, then no one can connect to you.
With reflective denial service attacks you can't even really just crank up the available bandwidth and infrastructure either.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Achievements are good when they make one want to play a game more, for the sense of satisfaction of accomplishment and Super House Of Dead Ninjas plus it's DLC is most certainty it.
I will reach the bottom of Abarghus' Domain on "Ninja" difficulty, I will.

Many deaths and restarts shall now occur.

bootski

hey guys since QisTopTier gifted me a game, i'll gift someone the original Supreme Commander. I've had it sitting in my inventory for a while. it's a pretty dope game (much better than 2) BUT you will want to have some friends (at least one) to play it with. if this is you. lemme know and i'll send it over.

Hasney

You guys, I think Spelunky might be the best videogame.

Thirteen hours deep, I feel like I should probably stop but I can't

photo.gif

Just don't buy it on Vita as well. That was the worst mistake I ever made. I'll have a "quick blast" while watching something and next time I look at the TV, it's off because of the amount of inactivity.

I almost missed the stop on my train this week too.

hey guys since QisTopTier gifted me a game, i'll gift someone the original Supreme Commander. I've had it sitting in my inventory for a while. it's a pretty dope game (much better than 2) BUT you will want to have some friends (at least one) to play it with. if this is you. lemme know and i'll send it over.

I'll take it, I can convince someone to get it.

Coldsun

Banned
Final Damage from the Steam Sale (and 2 games off of GameFly but with Steam Keys:
Castlevania Ultimate Edition (GameFly for 7.99)
Dishonored GOTY (wanted the DLC and it was cheaper to burn the extra copy of dishonored)
Tomb Raider DLC collection
Saints Row IV - Thank You Pack
Saints Row IV: Child's Play Pack (Soon to be discontinued)
Bioshock Infinite Season pass (During the 5dollar price point)
Deadpool (Discontinued, snagged off GameFly)
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Starbound
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (JP version for 25)
Spelunky
Gone Home
Call of Juarez Gunslinger + FarCry3 Blood Dragon
Resident Evil Revelations
Justcause 1
Justcause 2 and all DLC

Crafted the Winter Non Foil Badge: 6 times

Outside of the 25 for Assassins Creed and the 2 GOG games, I spent a total of.. 19.50. The rest came from various trading cards (and trading them for more valuable cards) and a friend dumping a collection of 85 misc cards for free to me.

Just don't buy it on Vita as well. That was the worst mistake I ever made. I'll have a "quick blast" while watching something and next time I look at the TV, it's off because of the amount of inactivity.

I almost missed the stop on my train this week too.

My Vita has been sitting on the store page for the past 30 minutes, I-.. I'm not sure I can resist.

wazoo

Damn, Q. Is the game really that good? I might just pick it up before it's over.

The game is good but feels very indie and unfinished. Music stutters when loading rooms, commands are all keyboard related on screen, …

still, buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom