• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If the friend list cap wasn't tied to levels I wouldn't care about it at all, but alas, I will have to craft quite a few more badges.

cards should drop even with the store down right? need to go get a haircut and wanna leave a game running

As long as the Steam Client is counted as connected online, tis fine.

early list here

Well that seems like a terrible deal then.

Boo... I read the fine print:

Your purchase entitles you to a $5 credit which can be redeemed on a selected group of games designated as our "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013". Please note: this promotional credit cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014, and must be used by January 31, 2014.

I wonder if the 'Editor's Choice' games will be worth using the $5 credit towards...
probably not...

Yeah, I missed that originally.

Was hoping to jump on dat Marvel Lego game for less than the current $11.99 :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So there isn't really a limit on the normal winter badge. Level 1700? Yeah, that's crazy.

Doesn't seem like it.

What I'd like to know is how one even buys that many cards; any time I attempted during the sale I had to refresh several times to get one on the first page because they were gone practically before it loaded. Imagine buying 10,000+ cards one by one.

So they made 1700 different art images for the badge? insane if true.

Nope, not many at all, actually:

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-267420

35. I'm addicted to buying games, not cards or gambling. =p Stopped caring about cards after Steam level 100 because it takes so long to get one level.

That guy's hardcore, has a level 100 foil as well. I think there are people with even higher sale badge levels, though.

I wish I had millions to spend on Steam. Well, at least I have games to play. Yet can't access Steam Market because their geolocation system doesn't know which country I'm in right now and even though I'm using the same computer at the same spot it moved me from Cyprus to Turkey so I'm on hold for 7 days.

P.S.: Hi Xelios.

Doesn't seem like it.

What I'd like to know is how one even buys that many cards; any time I attempted during the sale I had to refresh several times to get one on the first page because they were gone practically before it loaded. Imagine buying 10,000+ cards one by one.
Scripts, there are userscripts that can refresh the page and automatically buy an item which is priced under your set price.

early list here

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Yup, nothing $5 or less.

Smash88

Banned
Man these DDOS guys are pretty lame. Dick waving at each other over twitter like some high school girls.

These script kiddies aren't even inventive.

They are trying so hard to bring battle.net down and they can't even do it. Hilarious. #tangodumb

Doesn't seem like it.

Nope, not many at all, actually:

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-267420

That makes sense, it's one different for each low level and then ranges, kind of sick anyway, because I wonder if people will try to get to the next "new badge art" level, like: "I'm level 1470, man I'm gonna do 30 more levels so that I get the new art".

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Scripts, there are userscripts that can refresh the page and automatically buy an item which is priced under your set price.

Wouldn't that be bannable? I recall a story about a guy doing that with TF2 items and making quite a bit of money but getting all his accounts banned. But I guess Valve might not care/notice if you're not reselling stuff for profit.

Edit: "Suspended"

Eusis

It's the last mother fucking thing to hide behind "leveling up" and they of all companies should be aware of that. Though I guess they have the excuse of a functional group function, something that's non-existent on XBL and PSN, nevermind Nintendo Network.

EDIT: Well, I guess they could limit playtime or games you're allowed to own/install at a time, but those actively run contrary to money so... yeah. Should just drop coupons or items for F2P games instead with higher levels as a reward for being dedicated.

Wouldn't that be bannable? I recall a story about a guy doing that with TF2 items and making quite a bit of money but getting all his accounts banned. But I guess Valve might not care/notice if you're not reselling stuff for profit.

Edit: "Suspended"

It is bannable yet mostly undetectable in the huge traffic besides the side effects like getting level 1000 in 2 days.

Hasney

early list here

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

What "editor" chose SimCity and where can we have him castrated?

Dr Dogg

I have around 10 bucks left in my steam wallet and I'm thinking about picking up either CS:GO + Civ V or CS:GO + Dishonored. Haven't played either choices but I've heard both are good. Which will last me longer? Any opinions on what would be the better buy from those who have played either/both?

Probably too late but hey ho.

Let me put it to you like this, Dishonored with both dlc packs will last around 15-20 hours maybe 30 if you explore every nook and cranny and exhaust all the content in the game. I've had 1 game of Civ last 10 hours, plus what's with being a "just one more go" game it certainly has the legs to be replay able over and over again which I didn't feel that way with Dishonored. That and a new Civ game is usually ~5 years after the last so your safe for at least another 2 before (the inevitable) Civ VI drops.

Eusis

What "editor" chose SimCity and where can we have him castrated?
Might be Stockholm Syndrome from spending so much time trying to get on initially that it HAD to be good. A reason to pity, and a reason to take them away from making these decisions and keep them with people that can help.

I have now been playing Spelunky for 12 consecutive hours.

GOBHugeMistake.gif

Benedict

who wants a coupon for Crusader Kings II on Steam?
Have two with 50% discount that just popped up in my inventory.
Mind you, price is €39.99 now

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks for the invite, whoever sent it. I got the notification but I can't even accept it 'cause it's apparently still partially offline. xD

bootski

not working for me again. whats this about DDOS guys? targeted takedown of the steam store?

Qistoptier: right here bro! how much is it?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
not working for me again. whats this about DDOS guys? targeted takedown of the steam store?

Qistoptier: right here bro! how much is it?

It's free, what's your steam name?
Me please
You get my last spare :p what's your steam name

Damn, Q. Is the game really that good? I might just pick it up before it's over.
Yeah it really is haha. I bought it 14 times xD I missed out on the entire steam sell so I said fuck it might as well go out and gift out a hidden gem :p

Anteater

Magus is a woman, according to the in-game lore. :) You're destroying the orange crystal first, right?

If you have the skill that makes kick guard break, it's really really useful, because you can stun her when she blocks and then combo her ass (and attack with an assistant too, I only had the wolf when I encountered her but it sometimes stunned her even more). You can buff your fist with ice magic for extra damage too, IIRC.

Yeah, I haven't been using any buffs though so maybe I should try that. I wasted some skill points trying to get the parry move and defensive moves and didn't know block was mostly useless in the game (I think?), since it doesn't block magic and most bosses have a grab attack. Don't have kick guard break yet :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom