• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was an OK sale after all, since I got more games than I initially though I would. Granted, most of them were bought with money made from Snow Globes but I still got more games than I was planning:

-Rogue Legacy
-La Mulana
-Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow (from Nuuvem)
-Guacamelee
-Valdis Story
-Jet Set Radio
-Crazy Taxi
-Savant: Ascent

Plus Hammersomething that I got as a gift (Yes, I forgot the game's name).

Now I just have to play them... someday... My gaming backlog is huge as it already is but I hope to finish at least one game before the next major sale.

Knurek

Oh, and as a final BMS's 'fuck you', the endgame fight during the teleportation warmup period ran like ass - seriously, 5-10 fps tops (rest of the game locked 60fps baring loading times).

How did you become eligible for it?

From the Amazon email:

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order [number] entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thanks for purchasing from the Amazon Digital Games Store this holiday. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 credit which can be redeemed on a selected group of games designated as our "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013". Please note: this promotional credit cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014, and must be used by January 31, 2014. To use the credit, return to http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511, purchase an item on the page, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by January 31, 2014. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Kvik

Bought everything I really wanted on Steam for now. Why DDoS Steam? Valve is great. I can understand Origin with EA, but Steam?

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

denx

Normal or Easy, I don't play FPSes much.
Yeah, you can always enable god mode or no target, doesn't change the fact that the mod is badly designed for no apparent reason. ;_;

Eh, the fixes I linked to aren't god modes or anything. In the case of the marines fix, it decreases their accuracy at long range, as well at their reaction times. They are still pretty challenging, but they are a lot more reasonable to deal with. As for the weapons fix, it changes their values to match those of their counterparts in the original HL. And the jump fix makes it so you don't need to crouch jump for everything.

But yeah, although I like the mod there are indeed some very strange design choices there. The devs will make changes on future versions of the game based on feedback though, and rebalancing the enemies, in particular the marines, seems to be a priority.

edit: Black Mesa is really a game which you need to mod the fuck out to make it more enjoyable. Apart from those .cfg fixes, there is a mod that replaces the marines voices for those of the marines in the original HL. There is also a must-have mod that re-inserts parts of On a Rail and Surface Tension that appeared in HL and were cut from Black Mesa.

Why do I have to link a credit card to Paypal if I already linked my bank account? I thought the whole point of Paypal was to not use the damn credit card. T_T

Im feeling dumb as fuck tbh.

Can someone educate me on Paypal? >.>

You need a backup source in case your bank account can't cover it, I believe. So if you charge $50 to your paypal account and you only have $48 in your bank account, they won't overdraw you and will fund it from your credit card... or something like that.

Symphonic

Any word on the when the store will be back up? Was planning on grabbing Assassin's Creed before the sale ended and I'm on a plane all day tomorrow.

ref

Bah, figures I decide to finally buy a game from the sale at this time and it's getting DDOS'd, haha.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You need a backup source in case your bank account can't cover it, I believe. So if you charge $50 to your paypal account and you only have $48 in your bank account, they won't overdraw you and will fund it from your credit card... or something like that.

Oh thats reasonable. Will add in the morning. Crash time :3

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I assume this was posted earlier but I do wonder what is Xelios' level at the moment and can't look up since Steam is down :(

35. I'm addicted to buying games, not cards or gambling. =p Stopped caring about cards after Steam level 100 because it takes so long to get one level.

That guy's hardcore, has a level 100 foil as well. I think there are people with even higher sale badge levels, though.

drgambit

Banned
Boo... I read the fine print:

Your purchase entitles you to a $5 credit which can be redeemed on a selected group of games designated as our "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013". Please note: this promotional credit cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014, and must be used by January 31, 2014.

I wonder if the 'Editor's Choice' games will be worth using the $5 credit towards...
probably not...

Looks like things are finally getting sorted out, was finally able to access my profile and activity pages as well as community. Store seems to still be down.

Edit: It's fluctuating between working and not working.

Lemstar

I wonder if the 'Editor's Choice' games will be worth using the $5 credit towards...
probably not...

Dunno about this year, but I seem to remember using mine from last year on Hotline Miami ($5 -$5) and the Microsoft Arcade 5-pack ($10 -$5).

kudoboi

probably not...

early list here

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
Contrast - $11.99
Crysis 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3 - $9.99
Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
F1 2013 - $24.99
F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
FIFA 14 - $28.99
Final Exam - $7.99
NBA 2K14 - $19.99
Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
The XCOM Collection - $14.99
XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cards should drop even with the store down right? need to go get a haircut and wanna leave a game running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom