• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artofwar420

Time to assess damages!

• Valdis Story: Abyssal City - Gift <3
  • Dark Souls
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail
  • Gunpoint Retail
  • The Swapper
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Don't Starve
  • FEZ Soundtrack Edition
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - Raffle
  • Guacamelee! Gold Edition
  • Spelunky
  • Skyrim
  • Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake
  • Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
= 46 US dollars and change.

Badge crafted 2 times. Also acquired a taste for cards and its insane market. I just wanna make my profile shiny.

Haven't played everything, but I'm loving Spelunky and Dark Souls a hell of a lot. Dark Souls especially gives me a sort of chills and fear that I haven't gotten in a really long time. It's the fear of the unknown, oh what an awesome feeling.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well... after a couple of bombs, I got a big hit, got a big wad of cash but I got cocky and went for broke on a big expensive NES game and went bankrupt during the development...

...after that EA bought my company, fans were not happy (lol)

Yeah Game Dev Tycoon is alright :D

Kurtofan

ku-medium.jpg

I'm reading the steam page and apparently it's only for in game bonuses?

I'd rather get the money tbh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My Winter Sell Damage
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City - x16
  • Mark of the Ninja - x5
  • Bit Trip Void
  • Super Street Fighter AE
  • Castlevania: LOS
  • Ys Chronicles
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Castle Crashers - Gift
  • The Witcher 2 - Gift
  • Don't Starve - Gift
  • Critter Crunch - Gift
  • Guacamelee:Gold - Gift
Total = Valdis
somewhere around 120 or so

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres Lain at, Demonicon is 50% plus the voucher at GMG :O

Coreda

So far I've bought:

- Fez
- Gemini Rue
- System Shock 2
- Teleglitch [from indie bundle]
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 [x2, one for giveaway]
- Guacamelee! Gold Edition [ditto]
- Bionic Commando Rearmed [ditto]
- DMC 4
- Dark Souls
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

All up: $54.49. Happy with each purchase. Probably wouldn't have participated in the sale as much had it not been for this great thread. Thanks guys.

drgambit

Banned
I'm reading the steam page and apparently it's only for in game bonuses?

I'd rather get the money tbh.

Didn't know if serious... :D

You combine cards to make badges. The badges grant you XP to raise your steam level and, if you're high enough, get booster packs of cards for more badges to craft.

The winter sale is special, if you craft a badge using the winter sale cards you get an item for one of the F2P games out there right now, depending on the rarity you might be able to get some market cash from selling that item.

I got a extraordinary item for Realm of the mad god and sold it for $6 early in the sale, it was a free game for me.

Rhaknar

GMG seems to be having a encore day aswell, lots of games are back on sale (the main page banners arent updated but you can see the discounts on the games)

Batman Arkham Origins 50% plus the 20% voucher is nice

C4rter

GMG seems to be having a encore day aswell, lots of games are back on sale (the main page banners arent updated but you can see the discounts on the games)

Batman Arkham Origins 50% plus the 20% voucher is nice

There is now a 25% Voucher:
GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

Rhaknar

I fucking hate how some prices are much higher on GMG than on Steam, for games that NEED steam of all things. Anyone have that too, I assume its a euro thing but still why does it only affect some games?.

Night of the Rabbit: Steam 9.99 / GMG 19.99

The Dark Eye Demonicon: Steam 29.99 / GMG 39.99

Dark: Steam 27.99 / GMG 44.99

its a shame because it makes discounts on these games a lot less appealing or borderline useless

Rhaknar

There is now a 25% Voucher:
GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU

nice even better. Still doesnt change the price difference thing tho :(

Example, Demonicon on GMG right now with 50% discount and voucher is 15euros, which is what Steam would be if it had 50% also, but it could be so much better if the base price was the same :(

C4rter

Received 7 Emails from Amazon.com today, each with a 5$ Credit for the "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013" that starts tomorrow. Too bad it cannot be stacked but I'm excited to see which games they will offer. Somehow I hope it stays the same as before and I can get Mass Effect 1-3 for 5$ but we'll see.

I only just realized yesterday that Order of War: Challenge was removed from my Steam account some months ago.

The reason I didn't notice until now is that Spiral Knights seems to have been permanently added to my library (although it's free-to-play game it's always there whether it's installed or not much like Dota 2 is, rather than Alien Swarm for example). And this seems to have happened at roughly the same time as the removal of Order of War: Challenge so my game count stayed the same.

Now, truthfully, I never even got around to playing Order of War: Challenge. But I did purchase it! And although Square-Enix gave the reason for removal as being due to the low population of players for server upkeep, the game still came with 18 single-player missions and is now erased from history.

It's the precedent I'm worried about. Having games taken away from you feels quite unnerving. Anyone else have this? Or does anyone else find this practice underhanded?

wizzbang

Banned
Received 7 Emails from Amazon.com today, each with a 5$ Credit for the "Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013" that starts tomorrow. Too bad it cannot be stacked but I'm excited to see which games they will offer. Somehow I hope it stays the same as before and I can get Mass Effect 1-3 for 5$ but we'll see.

I COMPLETELY misread that email (and the included link) tonight and it hurtttttttttt.
I clicked the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511
and at the bottom I saw
Shop: Digital Games Deals | PlayStation Digital Games and DLC | Digital Games | PC Game Downloads | Free-to-Play Games | Indie Games | Casual Games | Mac Games | Best Sellers | Pre-orders.

So I clicked that and saw PSN 10$ cards, I was gonna buy 5x10$ cards for 25$ to get 50$ credit, dumb dumb dumb. Need to read the email and link carefully.

I bet whatever games go up are priced ... not competitively - and the lack of stacking hurts too - but hey "free money" (hell I got one of my 5x5$ Amazon credits for what I think is a $1.26 version of Quantum Conundrum....??)
EDIT: Don't suppose anyone knows what the games would be or know of how it went down in previous years if at all?
I Also saw Flow for $5.99 on the page and though shit I could get that for only 99c technically. Doh.

Coldsun

Banned
I only just realized yesterday that Order of War: Challenge was removed from my Steam account some months ago.

The reason I didn't notice until now is that Spiral Knights seems to have been permanently added to my library (although it's free-to-play game it's always there whether it's installed or not much like Dota 2 is, rather than Alien Swarm for example). And this seems to have happened at roughly the same time as the removal of Order of War: Challenge so my game count stayed the same.

Now, truthfully, I never even got around to playing Order of War: Challenge. But I did purchase it! And although Square-Enix gave the reason for removal as being due to the low population of players for server upkeep, the game still came with 18 single-player missions and is now erased from history.

It's the precedent I'm worried about. Having games taken away from you feels quite unnerving. Anyone else have this? Or does anyone else find this practice underhanded?

I personally do find it somewhat underhanded and hope Valve includes new points in their agreements to hinder this. If they won't enforce punitive measures of some sort, at least refuse to remove it from libraries. I personally would rather have an unusable game that I paid for than literally nothing.

Knurek

Luckily, most of the (good?) games come with a DRM-free version either on Humble, GOG or, uh, 'TPB Store' as my friend calls it.

Rhaknar

still no sale on Enslaved or Naruto, was hoping that GMG would come through...fucking Namco

Overall damage

The Walking Dead Season 2
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Deadpool (Amazon)
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC
Deadly Premoniton
Remember Me
Long Live the Queen
Don't Starve
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Trials Evolution
Super Hexagon
Ys 1 and 2 Chronicles
The Wolf Among Us
Age of Empires 2
La-Mulana
XCom Enemy Within
Final Fantasy VIII
Bit.trip Runner 2
Divekick

Spent a lot more than I planned but oh well good sale

Rhaknar

oops seems GMG fucked up with a price error also LOL, NBA 2k14 was 75% off, now its just 50%

Tizoc

Looks like Amazon's Editor's Choice awards games will go up on the 4th. Interested in seeing what they'll have to offer, but if I can get Bioshock Infinite for $5? HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Haunted

Soundodger+
The Walking Dead Season 2
Slender: The Arrival
Dark Souls
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Napoleon: Total War Retail
Unepic
Trials Evolution Gold
The Dream Machine Bundle
Death Track Ressurection
Numen: Contest of Heroes