• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If he puts on a Saoirse mask I'll have a go.
He doesnt need the mask with me...
GJ11Y7bmapkqc

How romantic. :p

Happy New Year everyone.

so Activision pulled deadpool from everywhere. stupid of them.
btw, I happen to have a gift copy of it, will I be rich?

Hold on to it until the Summer Sale is around the corner and you'll make a small fortune. People were coughing up 60 keys for Saw prior to Konami suddenly reobtaining the licence.

FauX

Happy new year GAF!
My wishes for GAF this year are:

1. To win on the awesome giveaways, so Mr. modbot, be more generous this 2014 :D

2. Steam will reign on console land, so one unified-console GAF dream will finally consolidate.

3. EA will go bankrupt and start giving away their IP to better developers.

4. JaseC finally drop Miss Ronan and find a better and beautiful woman :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I kept saying today should still be new deals but since dailies last 48hrs now, maybe today IS the encore day, which would last 48hrs ending the sale on the 3rd like the banner says :/

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I kept saying today should still be new deals but since dailies last 48hrs now, maybe today IS the encore day, which would last 48hrs ending the sale on the 3rd like the banner says :/

I think the encore day will only last 24, so everything Winter Sale related ends at the same time.

Deques

Hold on to it until the Summer Sale is around the corner and you'll make a small fortune. People were coughing up 60 keys for Saw prior to Konami suddenly reobtaining the licence.

60 keys just for a gift version? That's insanely a lot

FauX

I will correct my no. 4 wish:

JaseC and his followers will finally drop Miss Ronan and find another woman to post here on GAF :p

JaseC

4. JaseC finally drop Miss Ronan and find a better and beautiful woman :p

There's no such thing.

:swoon:

60 keys just for a gift version? That's insanely a lot

Yeah, there were only a few copies left. Unless I really need the money I think I'll hold on to my spare copies of Motor Rock until the Summer Sale is around the corner as it should be in a similar situation by then.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There's no such thing.

:swoon:

Yeah, there were only a few copies left. Unless I really need the money I think I'll hold on to my spare copies of Motor Rock until the Summer Sale is around the corner as it should be in a similar situation by then.
I saw How I Live Now. Miss Ronan was on point as usual.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
I will correct my no. 4 wish:

JaseC and his followers will finally drop Miss Ronan and find another woman to post here on GAF :p

Which brings me to my nomination for the new thread...

STEAM 2014 Announcements & Updates: Poutine up with the Ronans
Yeah, I'll just grab my coat...

:D

JaseC

I saw How I Live Now. Miss Ronan was on point as usual.

I liked the second half more than the first, although the latter has some wonderful shots of the verdant countryside. It was largely filmed in Wales, IIRC, and quite a few times I thought to myself, "I'd love to go there some day."

Now listen to dat soundtrack.
Jon Hopkins is amazing.

Speaking of, Garden's Heart is growing on me. I didn't care for it back when the video went up but I find myself throwing it on when I can't decide what to listen to.

Which brings me to my nomination for the new thread...

STEAM 2014 Announcements & Updates: Poutine up with the Ronans
Yeah, I'll just grab my coat...

:D

It gets my vote. ;)

Happy New Year everyone.

so Activision pulled deadpool from everywhere. stupid of them.
btw, I happen to have a gift copy of it, will I be rich?

You would be rich of character and kindness if you gifted it to someone free of charge. Hint hint lol

They go to forever actually. :X

DonFaints.gif

Assassin's Creed IV seems abysmally optimized.....I turned most of the crazy settings(volumetric fog, god rays, etc) off and switched from TXAA 4X to FXAA and my framerate is still 20 FPS in this forest. Absurd. Nvidia pls. My GTX670 isn't long for this world of next-gen ;-; Game does look nice when it's not a slideshow though :/

Vazra

I liked the second half more than the first, although the latter has some wonderful shots of the verdant countryside. It was largely filmed in Wales, IIRC, and quite a few times I thought to myself, "I'd love to go there some day."
The first half was a drag. They could have done it better in less time and put more time on the second half.

To say some related to the thread. Im enjoying Ys 1 but the dungeons can be a bit confusing and some things are vaguely explained...

Anteater

How do you friggin get these? It says I qualify for boosters... but how the hell do these things drop?

I think it's just random, the higher level you are the more likely it will drop, you might have to be at least lvl10 though from what I heard.

FauX

I will be honest with you all. Miss Ronan is such a beautiful woman, but what amazed me more is the fact that GAF is so obsessed with her.

Btw, will there be another thread on GAF that moves so fast like the steam thread?

DonFaints.gif

Assassin's Creed IV seems abysmally optimized.....I turned most of the crazy settings(volumetric fog, god rays, etc) off and switched from TXAA 4X to FXAA and my framerate is still 20 FPS in this forest. Absurd. Nvidia pls. My GTX670 isn't long for this world of next-gen ;-; Game does look nice when it's not a slideshow though :/

Yea I decided not to play it on pc, runs great sometimes, most times not, disappointing.

JaseC

The first half was a drag. They could have done it better in less time and put more time on the second half.

It's a bit rushed from a narrative perspective: you're not given enough time to develop a connection with the secondary characters like Isaac and it's rather jarring how Daisy initially shies away from Edmond's advances only to let him jump her bones soon after. The film is at its best when it's focusing on Daisy and Piper.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Happy New Year west coast USA

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wario64:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Race the Sun -- MB-EE958884F23ECE77 - Taken by Benedict. 25 entrants total.

t1388564868z1.png

Lain

I was playing a bit of 1000 Amp (which is awesome btw, thanks again dot!) and as I hit the fullscreen option, power goes out and I start hearing every alarm go off in the neighborhood. It almost felt like it was my fault the power went out.

Played L4D2 with some Christmas n00bs (got my acheev yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay).

It was.... in a word, horrible. Two of them got it. They understood the team mechanic. They just didn't know how to play. The fourth guy was compensating for their complete lack of skill by rushing through the level, and had some AMAZING things to say when they found out that the A.I. likes to pick on lone wolves.

Vazra

It's a bit rushed from a narrative perspective: you're not given enough time to develop a connection with the secondary characters like Isaac and it's rather jarring how Daisy initially shies away from Edmond's advances only to let him jump her bones soon after. The film is at its best when it's focusing on Daisy and Piper.
In some aspects were rushed like the connections but her moments with the voices in her head felt like overstaying on the beginning. It could have been crafted somewhat better.

Deques

I am saving the gift version of Deadpool in hope to become filthy rich. And treated myself by buying Deadpool and it's DLC from gamefly and amazon

JaseC

I am saving the gift version of Deadpool in hope to become filthy rich. And treated myself by buying Deadpool and it's DLC from gamefly and amazon

Gift copies are what you want as keys can be hard to offload if you don't have sufficient "rep" since there's no safety net as there is with Steam's trading feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom