• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Happy new year all!

Posted this in older thread, but I didn't see a response... Can anyone help?

You'll get a better response here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491431

We need some 2014 jaja screenshots.

1080P BABY, GETTING A NEW COMPUTER.

lol no im not, i wouldn't do that to you guys.

Sajjaja in Havana.

I'll have you know that my AC1 looked slightly better than that!

We need some 2014 jaja screenshots.

AssassinsCreed_Dx10-2012-06-12-19-21-46-71.png

Sajjaja in Havana.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching Two Best friends podcast
im glad i didnt buy Papers Please last sale
wtf gaf that doesnt sound fun at all

It's one of the best games of the year in my opinion, so...yeah

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did anyone notice that Derrick got himself banned again? ;)

Sorry to bother everybody, but I'm having issues with Steam installing L4D2 on my sister's win8 laptop. I get a "connection timeout error" message when Steam starts to "create a cache" for the game files. I already have the game in the steamapps/common folder, yet it fails to recognize it as being installed.

I have tried creating a back up copy using the restore feature, I also cleaned out and did a fresh install for Steam, yet to no avail. I've gotten it to run from executing the .exe file directly, but I can't join any servers or lan games. I have a 56k connection if that makes any difference.

Can you install any other games (Super Crate Box is free if you need something to test)? I found this thread and two solutions mentioned are "just keep trying" and "install the latest version of the .Net framework".

Koeta

told myself I would craft the event badge just once, but it's becoming harder and harder to resist leveling it up XD

Levyne

Banned
Before I knew it I had extra family members' eyeballs at the monitor "helping" me on Papers, Please. Just something about the game. "One more day..."

JaseC

Thanks Obama.

Also JaseC is a terrible influence and enabler. Making me buying Transformers because it might get pulled on Steam.

Bought it on Gamestop for more because I waited too long.

My work here is done.

*disappears into the ether*

Santini

Happy new year all!

Posted this in older thread, but I didn't see a response... Can anyone help?

Has anyone used gamemaker studio? Is the professional edition worth the money?

Did you get a free copy of Gamemaker Studio Standard when they gave it away last month or are you starting from scratch?

If you already have Standard, someone listed the version differences between the two on the Steam Community Forums. I have the Standard edition and won't be messing around with it any time soon, so upgrading to Professional can wait for a while, if ever.

If you're starting from scratch but on the fence, I'd definitely recommend downloading the free version and messing around with it in the time remaining before the sale expires to see if you even like Gamemaker.

I'll also point you to the Indie Developer Thread. as there are some folks there that use it to develop with and may have already posted about their experiences. I develop with Unity, but I do think that Gamemaker is a good tool for someone wanting to make games. However, there are a several other game engines you can try out as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to unwrap and start playing Disgaea D2 one of these days.

Not to get terribly off topic again but which disgaea is that girl Laharl from. I only finished the first, then played a bit of the second and went "man fuck this pretty boy, where's Laharl?"

Khronico

So with this new year just around the corner or already here, how many of you resolved to actually try and play all these games you own on Steam?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So with this new year just around the corner or already here, how many of you resolved to actually try and play all these games you own on Steam?
You mean all those things I have on a list are playable?
:p
Jk currently playing YS 1

JaseC

No, what did he do now?

Don't tell me he disrespected wristwatches again...

He forgot to stop being himself. :p

happy 2014 everybody

JaseC, I love you.

Oh wait you're not Saoirse, nevermind.

That's just what I want you to think!

Okay, so not yet then. I got to get it next sale. Does it look good in 1080p and 60fps compared to the console version?

Well, that's the thing: it's hard to predict. Better to be safe than sorry; just look at Deadpool being yanked overnight even though it was a featured deal during this very sale.

Edit: Oh yeah, one of my mates asked me last night if it would be a good idea to build a gaming PC now that he owns over 100 games on Steam. He went up a notch in my book. ;)

Is this new? Does activision do this sort of thing all the time?

I imagine rights holders require some sort of quality assurances in contracts. If the game is terrible, gets terrible reviews they can withdraw it from sale either immediately like the ashes game or after a certain time.

It's also interesting that they don't tell people it will be withdrawn, how many more copies would they have sold of deadpool if it was known that it wouid be gone in the new year? Though I suspect they are more concerned with stories being written about how terrible game X is being withdrawn from sale and how publisher Y failed. When Aliens: CM I thought is was the final prelude to it being withdrawn and the remains buried in the middle of a desert somewhere.

Deques

Happy New Year everyone.

so Activision pulled deadpool from everywhere. stupid of them.
btw, I happen to have a gift copy of it, will I be rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom