• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I'm thinking about going windows 8. Are there any games right now that aren't compatible with it? I'm guessing a few indie games and older games will.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
laharl_evil_laugh-jpg.jpg

Cocky Laharl fears no 2014s

I like it, Happy New Year everyone, off to bed cause im tired from work. To be continued!

Happy New Years to all my Best Coasters!

My gf's family is over and all her nephews and nieces are running around our apartment making a ton of noise. I feel so bad for our downstairs neighbors.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And it wouldnt need too much time either 5-10 mins more could have been enough to flesh out the connections.

Enough off topic talk dont wanna bother the mods >.>

Stump posted a mini-review of the film in the previous thread so I think you'll be okay. ;)

_hekk05

Banned
I think it's just random, the higher level you are the more likely it will drop, you might have to be at least lvl10 though from what I heard.

Nah. I got a NS2 booster pack when i was lvl 8.

Levels increases chance though.
lvl 10 - 10% extra
lvl 20 - 20% extra
lvl 30 - 30% extra etc...

Supposedly you must own the game (dunno if need install) and must have gotten all card drops possible for playing the game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm thinking about going windows 8. Are there any games right now that aren't compatible with it? I'm guessing a few indie games and older games will.
Cant run Dead Island. Most of my friends call it a blessing. Lol

Deques

Gift copies are what you want as keys can be hard to offload if you don't have sufficient "rep" since there's no safety net as there is with Steam's trading feature.

I have been trading from time to time, so I hope my reps are enough :)

Corsick

Hey guys, what's the best jump scare horror game on sale right now? I'm thinking about Outlast and Slender. I'm looking for any suggestions that are under 10 dollars. Happy New Year and thank you!

jediyoshi

Heads up, gamefly promo updated to GFDJAN20 & GFDJAN20UK

Hey guys, what's the best jump scare horror game on sale right now? I'm thinking about Outlast and Slender. I'm looking for any suggestions that are under 10 dollars.. Happy New Year and thank you!

Outlast 4 shure

Aww shit... I'm really tired and I accidentally re-entered a few raffles I already made an entry for. Does that disqualify me? Maaaaan... I should go to bed

Jame Retief

Neo Member
F.Y.I. Amazon has pulled the sale price on Deadpool now as well

F.Y.I. Amazon has pulled Deadpool Steam keys completely from PC Download.

I am saving the gift version of Deadpool in hope to become filthy rich. And treated myself by buying Deadpool and it's DLC from gamefly and amazon

Since Deadpool was pulled from Steam and it was still available for a while after that on sales elsewhere, hoarders have probably stockpiled on them somewhat. You might want to find a buyer soon close to the "retail" price, otherwise it might be a while before the supply dwindles enough to profit from.

Edit: Still on Gamefly for $10. New 20% discount should probably work: GFDJAN20
Gone, gone, gone.

So who won the dead pool on Deadpool?
I'm still looking for my coat....

;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have been trading from time to time, so I hope my reps are enough :)

Yeah, you'll be fine. Even if you did scam somebody the other user could just ask Valve to reverse the trade so rep typically isn't a factor when dealing with gift copies.

lvl 10 - 10% extra
lvl 20 - 20% extra

Supposedly you must own the game (dunno if need install) and must have gotten all card drops possible for playing the game.

Thought it was a 20% increase every 10 levels.

Anteater

lvl 10 - 10% extra
lvl 20 - 20% extra

oh! I read I had to be lvl10 so I had to do all those community badges thing like commenting on my friend's screenshots to level up :lol

Thought it was a 20% increase every 10 levels.
It is.
Steam Trading Cards FAQ said:
Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Happy new year everybody!

Just came back from a new years white elephant gift exchange and came away with a nice pack of thick omniwool socks! Man I love nice socks.

Also, Risk of Rain is flipping amazing! Every time I start a game planning on just spending a few minutes I get sucked in for hours. I would really like to get into some multiplayer though if anybody is up to it. Particularly if you are fresh to the game like me (only two characters unlocked so far) because I like to experience things at the same time as others instead of being the nubcake and having everything spoiled for me by some high level player who just likes show off...

Anyway, add me if you feel like there is... a risk of rain... dun dun dun. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086968452

In some aspects were rushed like the connections but her moments with the voices in her head felt like overstaying on the beginning. It could have been crafted somewhat better.

It's only about an hour and forty minutes so like another twenty to thirty minutes of exposition would have made it a lot better.
I do want to read the book.

Lain

Reposting it one last time since there is less than 1 hour left:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-2C5337EC98D69A5D

Long Live The Queen #2 -- MB-CA51B1D793CDD3B1

Long Live The Queen #3 -- MB-16DC47E12B3A3A99

Long Live The Queen #4 -- MB-EB11419F82A6F65F

The Bridge -- MB-E659C47E368B6D69

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-0C59DD5419A8F2D9

t1388568554z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Third thread already?!
It really goes fast around here.

Anyhow, goodday SteamGAF. Hope the fireworks didn't bother you too much. :)

Danielsan

I need to get to level 20 for that increased rate.
I reached 20 this sale and I need to get to level 30. I'm almost halfway there, though I suspect it may take me till the next big sale. Booster pack drop rates still suck though, and I don't think the extra 20% will do me much good if the chance is 1 in 100.000 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom