• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be an apt comparison.

From what I've seen of DmC it looks extremely simple compared to DMC4.

It's a perfect example of silly hyperbole. DmC doesn't have the incredible depth of DMC4 but saying it's on the same level as a game with one attack button with a simple click, click hold system is absurd. At least compare it to something in the same genre. DMC still has quite a bit of room for mastery whereas Skyrim has none. It's just really silly.

I'm glad that arguing about DmC will carry on into this new year. It still makes for compelling conversation, and it is not at all a waste of time.

Prodigal

Banned
I'm hoping Guacamelee goes on sale again...I know it's on sale on the Humble Store but you can't pay for it there with trading cards!

Tagyhag

West coast = best coast

Also, everytime i see your avatar it reminds of one of the dudes from Key and Peele

He does look a bit like Peele, I never really noticed that before.

file.php

Thanks Tagyhag, you're awesome!

Enjoy!

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Thank you! You rock.

Thanks for the Majesty 2 Collection!

Thanks for Ticket to Ride, Jame Retief! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Thanks Jame Retief! Happy new year.

Thank you for Anomaly Warzone Earth. Always wanted to try it. Also happy new year

Thanks for Trapped Dead, Jame!

thanks Jame Retief for the whispered world!

thanks for shattered haven, jame retief! environmental puzzle games rock!

Thanks for Jamestown Jame Retief! :3

via PM bobnowhere: Thanks for XIII Century! Cheers.

Tower Wars -- MB-F5B2309F2562E41A - Taken by Ingueferroque.

Thank you all for entering and enjoy the games!

Wow I won FTL, thanks a bunch Jame Retief!!! I've looked at FTL during every flash/daily since the Summer sale but never quite pulled the trigger. Thanks!

It's a great game. It'll suck you in faster than a Black Hole! ;) Enjoy!

And for anyone interested, the remnant keys are:

McPixel -- MB-CEEE3B16082BDC76
Greed Corp -- MB-B1A50CAD633773DA

Thanks again Jame Retief! (Greed Corp)

I thought I entered for McPixel, I send it again tho

You got it. And thanks again for entering guys. :)

denx

2013 was my first year on GAF and I had a blast, especially hanging around the Steam thread. :)

Happy new year everyone! Here's for many more years of Steam, SteamGAF, hoarding and not playing games, and Saoirse Ronan fan clubs!

Now if you excuse me, I'm passing out.

Hope someone enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toy Soldiers -- MB-C608E0D952A3364C - Taken by Tolerance. 9 entrants total.

t1388568377z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I want to buy Ghostbusters from GameSpot, but it's blocked in my country. Is there any kind GAFfer from the US who's willing to purchase it for me, and take payment from me via Paypal or a similarly priced Steam game? I'm willing to pay up to $12 to cover for Paypal fees and such.

jmizzal

Thank you all for entering and enjoy the games!

It's a great game. It'll suck you in faster than a Black Hole! ;) Enjoy!

And for anyone interested, the remnant keys are:

McPixel -- MB-CEEE3B16082BDC76
Greed Corp -- MB-B1A50CAD633773DA

I thought I entered for McPixel, I send it again tho
edit
thanks got it now

Khronico

It's a perfect example of silly hyperbole. DmC doesn't have the incredible depth of DMC4 but saying it's on the same level as a game with one attack button with a simple click, click hold system is absurd. At least compare it to something in the same genre. DMC still has quite a bit of room for mastery whereas Skyrim has none. It's just really silly.

Ok. Fair enough, I agree that it's really not an apt comparison considering the context.

Skyrim is another game in a series of games that was never considered to have good combat.

DmC is a reboot of a series with absolutely top tier character action combat, yet it has combat which, by most accounts, is less complex than it's predecessors.

Anyone able to give me a reasonable price for Resident Evil 6 in TF2 keys payment?

Edit: If using a $10 giftcard for steam monies doesn't pause my steam market capability for the next 15 days or whatever.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy new year SteamGAF! Hope everyone's year is filled with great gaming! I'm spending new years eve playing Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U with my two teenagers.

Anyway, you guys are great. :)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I may regret the loss of how can be done in DmC as compared to previous Devil May Cry titles, but I still hold it far above Heavenly Sword, God Of War, and many others that have come out over the past several years. However combat can be fun and enjoyable all the same, even if it doesn't "measure up" even if it's fairly or unfairly for said comparisons.

Though for DmC, getting rid of the colour requirement for certain enemies helps a lot since it opens you up to do a lot more moves more freely and without annoyance. On PC at least, mod and all.

Though personally I can't get into Oblivion or Skyrim's combat. Exploration of their worlds perhaps, I've yet to actually play either game more than a couple of hours to be sure, but even with high level characters it wasn't involving enough for me.

im going to respond to this tomorrow because im pretty buzzed right now

Fair enough. Hopefully no ill lasting effects in the morrow.

Interesting that game maker pro license is on sale but not standard. Not that I care I got game maker standard license for a free a while ago when they had they were doing that.

Stage On

Hoping Evochron Mercenary gets a flash sale since it lost the community vote it was up for

Also tempted to get Europa Universalis IV but I've already spent so much money on this sale that I'm not really sure if I should get much else.

MikeDown

Banned
Sorry to bother everybody, but I'm having issues with Steam installing L4D2 on my sister's win8 laptop. I get a "connection timeout error" message when Steam starts to "create a cache" for the game files. I already have the game in the steamapps/common folder, yet it fails to recognize it as being installed.

I have tried creating a back up copy using the restore feature, I also cleaned out and did a fresh install for Steam, yet to no avail. I've gotten it to run from executing the .exe file directly, but I can't join any servers or lan games. I have a 56k connection if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom