• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Im feeling stupid here but how does this go on amazon?

first line - 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
second line - empty?
city - Mountain View
state - California
zip - 94043

is that it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Same. I think it is also a nice way to say "I'm not really in the US and you know I'm not in the US but you are Amazon and you don't really give a shit so let me just buy games".

Plus if they ever do crack down on it, they will not mess with me in case I really am from Google and can access their search history.

Whenever Amazon manually verifies one of my orders I wonder just how many people supposedly have Google pay for their games, haha.

and phone? >_> put the google one? lol :(

Yeah, that's what I did.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
woot 7 days to die flash sale. Just one more game on my wish list, come on Rust!

Jintor

Try optimizing her moods and remember which skills you missed the last time. It helps making roughly the same decisions each run.

It's awesome, though there's not as much randomness in the events as there is in FTL, so it is actually possible to map out a strategy which should work every time. It just takes a lot of time and effort.

My main problem is like I don't feel like I'm actually getting better at it. Like, just cos I know what's gonna happen next (roughly) I still don't feel like I have any real idea what to do, besides mood optimisation

Danj

My main problem is like I don't feel like I'm actually getting better at it. Like, just cos I know what's gonna happen next (roughly) I still don't feel like I have any real idea what to do, besides mood optimisation

What I did was create a week planner type thing and then as I figured out what events occurred in what weeks, fill in what tests you need to pass to pass the event. Then go back to the beginning and try to learn the skills you need in time to pass the events.

Zeknurn

I'm still hoping for that illusive Settlers 7 flash sale but when considering all the gunk that has been picked the last few days it's probably a lost cause.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm still hoping for that illusive Settlers 7 flash sale but when considering all the gunk that has been picked the last few days it's probably a lost cause.

4006655+_090e60b768d10714c36e7accabbeafbc.jpg

"can i buy from the humble store even if i'm european? "

yes Paypal just like buying a bundle

Anteater

Then go back to the beginning and try to learn the skills you need in time to pass the events.

Yea it gets easier once you know what stats were required at the beginning, I started over and beat it really quick.

I find that the stats check to be quite harsh for most of the events so I ended up capping them one at a time as soon as possible using mood bonuses, and they sometimes open up more events if you pass them, there weren't a lot of benefits learning everything and it's was difficult because of mood bonuses/penalty so each playthrough I only max a few selected stats, and it seems that some are enough to get you through the major events (if I can't I just reload and avoid it completely).

wazoo

more and more games, less and less chances for specific games to go on sale

for this one, I gave up and took it for 5 on uplay store.

Tizoc

Bleh guess it's showing $10 for the US only I guess...ah well I'll wait for GMG to maybe have it on sale again XoX

Slyjss

Happy new year gaffers! May everyone have time to clear a bit of their backlog. While also buying enough games for two lifetimes.

FACE

Banned
Free stuff, yo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XCOM: Enemy Within -- MB-5785A99633BF80B1 - Taken by oipic. 28 entrants total.

t1388583184z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom