• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

NEW THREAD. TURN UP

tumblr_mdr09dSS8Z1qcjw9zo1_400.gif

Is this Samurai Jack?

Dambrosi

Banned
Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).
Wow, fantastic giveaway there. A pity I already have them all.

Is this Samurai Jack?
BAT BLASPHEMY

cicero

Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

wow. Fantastic giveaway!

Khronico

Was thinking of picking up Europa Universalis 4 from the Humble Store. For those that have played it, does the game have a steep learning curve?

I haven't played EU4 specifically, but I have played a lot of other grand strategy games. GS games have a VERY steep learning curve. I would suggest reading the below guide:

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Beginner's_guide

^ This will give you a good overview of the game and it's core concepts. I would also suggest tinkering around ingame as well, as firsthand experience is a great way to learn in these types of games.

Edit: You will need to dedicate some time to learning the game, so think carefully before proceeding.

Volcynika

I know it might be some effort on my giveaway, but I made sure you can enter for as many as you want, but you can only win one. Gotta spread the Ys love to all!

Krakn3Dfx

^Batman Beyond

Also what do we like about Contagion and Primal Carnage? Yay or nay?

Played a bit of Contagion with 3 friends, it's early access, so rough, but we had a blast with it. Hopefully they keep working on it, seems to be a good evolution of Left4Dead.
Primal Carnage is a lot of fun as well.

Cth

^Batman Beyond

Also what do we like about Contagion and Primal Carnage? Yay or nay?

It was on my wishlist for some reason.

Price was good.

Picked it up tonight.

I think it was the co-op aspect that made it interesting. Since the L4D community had sort of gone to crap.

Santiako

Mystery game lightning giveaway!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery game -- MB-97E36BDD53E0AFBD - Taken by Reg. 39 entrants total.

t1388548712z1.png

Holy cow dude.

Have you played any of the other Paradox Grand Strategy games? I've heard they've gotten much easier to get in to, but it's still a lot to overcome for a beginner.

No I haven't. Only recently got into the strategy genre via playing Civ 5, but from what I've heard E4 is a lot harder.
I haven't played EU4 specifically, but I have played a lot of other grand strategy games. GS games have a VERY steep learning curve. I would suggest reading the below guide:

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Beginner's_guide

^ This will give you a good overview of the game and it's core concepts. I would also suggest tinkering around ingame as well, as firsthand experience is a great way to learn in these types of games.

Edit: You will need to dedicate some time to learning the game, so think carefully before proceeding.
It's an incredibly complex game, but it's totally worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. Have to decide whether I'm willing to put in the time to understand the game.

Yuuichi

If you happen to need cards #1, #5, or #10 (of which I have two), hit me up here. The cards are first come first serve. I may or may not be playing league of legends at the same time, so give me a bit to respond.

Edit: #5 given to wilflare, still have the other 3

hitmon

Wow, awesome giveaway!

Have a bunch of leftover Humble keys just rotting away. They're all Steam keys and were never clicked, so are 100% unused.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-66F0625311526A40
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-A97349878140F688
McPixel -- MB-2A31BE1335F12F62
F.E.A.R. -- MB-8075E75249581CF0
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-DC1C270A32E15025
English Country Tune -- MB-7232F91BF0DBD091
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-9B1F178EBA45B0AF
Broken Sword Director's Cut -- MB-9890ABB9E2A883F0
Awesomenauts -- MB-91BAA4DBDCC8C47D
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-66DAE33A0C2817D0
Bastion -- MB-3D695026634CAA52
F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin -- MB-002345AF6ED3B006
Frozen Synapse -- MB-D84AC75A10C60FDA
Sanctum Collection -- MB-83912D4848BFB889
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-752E1958B7311034
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-E7C60DF478131D8F
Nightsky -- MB-FD1D20C2FAD0F9A6 - Taken by EdmondD
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-A643A132039B1F68

t1388634752z1.png

Cth

Ok, so I got laid off in 2011, and haven't been able to find a full time job since.

That being said, I realize others out there are in similar situations.

So, for the next hour, I'll be taking PMs from people who have similar stories and picking someone to buy a game from their wishlist.

I don't have a lot of money admittedly, but I managed to get lucky and realized I had points left over from my Gamestop membership (which landed me a $20 Steam gift card). So, mail me your sob stories, and I'll do what I can to hellp someone out who's in a shitty situation too.

Hang in there, it's a new year SteamGAF. Our luck's gonna change, let this giveaway be the start of it.

Deadline 11:30pm EST.

No entries so far..

Guess I'm the only unlucky one. :D

Good to hear..

Seriously thought, msg me your sob stories and I'll do what I can do get something from someone's wish list.

Happy News Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom