• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

It's an incredibly complex game, but it's totally worth it.

I bought EUIV! :D

I was regretting not purchasing it through Amazon when it was $10 there a few days ago, but lo and behold, Humble Store steps up to the plate. Had to jump on the sale this time around.

Kabouter is also an enormous fan of the game and highly recommended it, and as what I imagine is a staggering surprise, I do trust him. I look forward to seeing what it's like. I haven't played any of the previous games in the series.

It needs to actually go on sale, for once.

Indeed :p

It looks neat, though, looking forward to checking it out at some point.

Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

Great giveaway!

I'm just waiting until it's out of EA to buy it, seems like it'll scratch the X-COM itch better than EU :D

Enemy Within though, man.

One-shotting Chryssalids and Mutons. With a power fist. From a cyborg mech. It's as satisfying as it sounds.

Here's where everyone is

So damn, I missed Skyrim at 7.50? No other way to get it that price again during the sale? Compard to FNV, Skyrim definitely has the better world to explore while NV has the better combat IMO

derFeef

New year? To awesome... *sniff*

crawl2.jpg

FACE

Banned
I bought EUIV! :D

I was regretting not purchasing it through Amazon when it was $10 there a few days ago, but lo and behold, Humble Store steps up to the plate. Had to jump on the sale this time around.

Kabouter is also an enormous fan of the game and highly recommended it, and as what I imagine is a staggering surprise, I do trust him. I look forward to seeing what it's like. I haven't played any of the previous games in the series.

Enemy Within though, man.

One-shotting Chrysalids and Mutons. With a power fist. From a cyborg mech. It's as satisfying as it sounds.

I've played some MP with Kab, thus my tag :)

Edit: I've accidentally picked during our MP sessions because the ready button was right on top of that damned country!

Hmm, EW is 10 bucks on Amazon right now. Maybe I'll grab it.

DayZ holding the top spot is bonkers. Its been the top seller pretty much through out the sale. And its still in Alpha. Unless they fuck it up majorly, this game is gonna be a monster by the time it makes it to the final release.

Also I finally bought Swapper. \o/

Haunted

After winning some games from generous GAFers in the previous thread, the new year is my chance to give at least a little something back. ^^

It's a bit of an older title, but still one of my favourites in the series. Good luck! (hope I did everything correctly :p)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome Total War Gold Edition -- MB-AEBFA41E02C88BC2 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 26 entrants total.

t1388559917z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Hey guyyyyyys. I want to contribute back to the community since I have participated in entering in Modbot giveaways while still showing some love for one of my favorite franchises. So I hope the people that win these will actually play them and find the same enjoyment I have :D (Also hope I didn't mess this up, first time doing this with the email link stuff).

I just sent 9 messages to Modbot. Damn. Awesome giveaway. Always want to try a Ys game, but I've been waiting for a nice sale on the Vita versions.

After winning some games from generous GAFers in the previous, the new year is my chance to give at least a little something back. ^^

It's a bit of an older title, but still one of my favourites in the series. Good luck!

This is actually a game I want to try. Missed out on the super sale a long time ago.

Cth

Thanks to everyone who's sent words of encouragement so far.. it's really been great to read all the positive messages of support. Truthfully it's made me bawl my eyes out but hey, that's SteamGAF for ya, lots of love to you guys you're the best.

Still looking for people with unfortunate circumstances to PM me for a contest..

Details here:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95444929&postcount=135

I'll extend the deadline to midnight EST 2014.

You guys have helped me, it's only fair to help someone else.

Card Boy

Banned
Repost

Whats peoples configurations for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger?

I am looking at the video.scr file and this is what i got.

Resolution(1920,1080)
Monitor(0)
BPP(24)
FSAA(0)
TexBPP(32)
TextureQuality("High")
VisRange(2.00, 4.00)
Filtering("Anisotropic")
Fullscreen()
Shadows("High")
ShadowMapSize(1024)
SpotShadowMapSize(1024)
Lightmaps()
GammaFloat(1.00)
MaxRefresh(60)
MaterialQuality(0)
FXQuality(3)
FXFadeLevel(2)
WaterQuality(0)
GrassQuality(0)
EnvQuality("FullDynamic")
ShaderPath(3)
VSync()
DisplayDeviceType(0,0.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000)
ForcedHorzFov(90.000000)

I added that last Fov line myself.

Would bumping the ShadowMapSize(1024) SpotShadowMapSize(1024) to 2048 do anything good? Also how do i enable FXAA? I put a 1 where it said 0 but it still don't work. It's still jaggy.

I mainly want to know about enabling AA.

I'm just waiting until it's out of EA to buy it, seems like it'll scratch the X-COM itch better than EU :D

Multiple bases and invasions...

Xenonauts is faithful to the 1994 games, but not to a fault. It's not afraid to break free from 94 UFO when it makes sense to do so, but the game always leans towards emergent behaviors and indeterminism when it can do so without being inbalanced or cumbersome to the player.

I still believe that modded 2012 EU is the best XCOM game ever made-it . Xenonauts will be out later in 2013, and I expect great things out of it. The Early Access beta and kickstarter beta access has been a huge help for the game already.

edit: I had a lot of fun with EW as well, but that's mostly because they upped the diffuculty (sorely needed, even on impossible). They largely succeeded in inverting the difficultly curve in the game now as well-you generally do NOT want to drag games out now due to late game alien buffs. Way too risky.

I... I don't know, sorry fellow GAFfer, I failed you.
No worries :)
You would be better off getting The Sims™ 3 Pets which has horses. Even Petz Horsez 2 ... sorry, it hurt to actually type that out.. would be better.
I'm so sorry. I did know about Petzz Horzzezz 2z. Sims 3 Pets looks like a much better candidate since she also loves dogs.
I believe this speaks for itself.
Don't know if you are being sarcastic. Sorry :) All I see is bad rats 2. That's why I asked. And the reviews in Steam don't help as well.

Tagyhag

Every time I add more money to my Steam wallet I tell myself "Ok, no more until the sale ends".

I wish I had self-control.

Orca

DayZ holding the top spot is bonkers. Its been the top seller pretty much through out the sale. And its still in Alpha. Unless they fuck it up majorly, this game is gonna be a monster by the time it makes it to the final release.

Also I finally bought Swapper. \o/

I'm not surprised though. I've been so tempted by DayZ because of all the stories about it. It doesn't seem like anyone plays and doesn't have something cool happen.

Zeliard

Xenonauts is faithful to the 1994 games, but not to a fault. It's not afraid to break free from 94 UFO when it makes sense to do so, but the game always leans towards emergent behaviors and indeterminism when it can do so without being inbalanced or cumbersome to the player.

I still believe that modded 2012 EU is the best XCOM game ever made. Xenonauts will be out later in 2013, and I expect great things out of it. The Early Access beta and kickstarter beta access has been a huge help for the game already.

Have you checked out Enemy Within? What do you think of the additions/modifications?

GaussTek

Hey guys, just to make sure. The Bioshock Triple Pack for $15 on Amazon is the best deal out there for all the three games, right? Just noticed it, and I've never played any of them, but now I'm seriously considering to start with 'em this new year.

Koeta

Hey guys, just to make sure. The Bioshock Triple Pack for $15 on Amazon is the best deal out there for all the three games, right? Just noticed it, and I've never played any of them, but now I'm seriously considering to start with 'em this new year.

Pretty sure you wont find a better deal, that's $5 a pop, I think lowest Infinite has been is $10 without a combo deal? (could be wrong lol)

nexen

Deadpool was pulled? what the actual fuck.
*sigh* bought.

oh and happy new year. time to get drunk
er

fake edit: holy shit at that Ys giveaway.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Will be giving away my snowglobes when the sale draws to a close. In the meantime, you can work on balancing out your sets...

Trading post open again for a while. Will trade globe for globe, any globes.
Just send me a trade proposal inside Steam - my ID is in my profile.

Current stock:

Thanks for the trade :)

Thanks to everyone who's sent words of encouragement so far.. it's really been great to read all the positive messages of support. Truthfully it's made me bawl my eyes out but hey, that's SteamGAF for ya, lots of love to you guys you're the best.

Still looking for people with unfortunate circumstances to PM me for a contest..

Details here:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=95444929&postcount=135

I'll extend the deadline to midnight EST 2014.

You guys have helped me, it's only fair to help someone else.

Missed out on the original news, but my condolences. Hope you get set up soon though.

Santini

Repost

Whats peoples configurations for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger?

I am looking at the video.scr file and this is what i got.

I added that last Fov line myself.

Would bumping the ShadowMapSize(1024) SpotShadowMapSize(1024) to 2048 do anything good? Also how do i enable FXAA? I put a 1 where it said 0 but it still don't work. It's still jaggy.

I mainly want to know about enabling AA.

From the PC Gaming Wiki entry:

Anti-aliasing (AA)

-Go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\techland\cojgunslinger\out\Settings
-Edit Video.scr
-Change FSAA(0) to FSAA(1)

You could also use an injector. I'm using the SweetFX "Vibrant" settings found here, in which the author uses SMAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom