• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Finally finished a run of LLTQ. Went high expression/royal stuff/swords/reflexes/agility/magic, which was a pretty interesting combo. Basically a socially-orientated princess who didn't know crap about her country, the world, intrigue or economics, but who could chill a room at a glance and swordfight her way to victory.
Not just that, but I revealed my magical powers to my nation by fighting a duel to the death with the mage-emperor of the invading forces and chopping his goddamn head off with a blade made of moonlight. Fuck yes.

It's a game that could be way more interesting if it was more systems-driven and not flow-chart driven, but it still branches like crazy and is pretty fun.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Well, aside from tomorrow, guess I'll wait for the Spring Sale. Nice to buy nothing until there are spectacular deals.

Leks

I canceled the purchase but I still can't buy:

Jo2BdZI.jpg

I tried with Firefox, Chrome and Steam, same issue.

glad I did not spend lots of money. Just Kairo and Rust for me. Humble might have others eventually.

Good sale, better than the last few.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, absolutely.

If there's any deal you want that you don't expect to be part of a repeat, you should jump on it in the next 7 hours.
Damn, I'll miss the Rocksmith DLC then. It's probably the best thing for my wallet, but I'll have to wait until the next Summer Sale (or a daily deal) to get it.

Wolfie5

So, no more daily deals then? Maybe an encore day?

I can assume it´s safe to buy the other games you want now? Is there a thread for this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I canceled the purchase but I still can't buy:

Jo2BdZI.jpg

I tried with Firefox, Chrome and Steam, same issue.

That should disappear in soon enough. I occasionally get it myself. Just keep trying every 10-15 minutes.

Oh and this will be $9.99 during Summer Sale 2014, right Activision?
summer2014tendolla8qsrd.png

I'll wait then.
tumblr_lml12yym8c1qdsw9sg0.gif

You should be able to pick it up for three keys from a trader.

Arthea

Finally finished a run of LLTQ.

It branches so much that it's little overwhelming. I tried many different combinations of skills and still only scratched a surface. Every time it plays so differently. Love it, one of the best purchases this sale.

maneil99

So... Pool Nation never got a Daily or Flash deal and lost its community vote to a snow board/skiing free to play game that is in alpha stage..... They really need to scrap community votes and double up on flash sales.

I bought way to many things across digital stores during this sale, kinda silly as I was looking to only buy 4 things initially. Hopefully Testament of Sherlock Holmes pops up if there is a recap sale later today....

Oh and this will be $9.99 during Summer Sale 2014, right Activision?
summer2014tendolla8qsrd.png

I'll wait then.
tumblr_lml12yym8c1qdsw9sg0.gif
http://rash.zz.mu/?link=fdacecb&payment=wmz
I normally dont advertise my sales but I love timeshift...

Jawmuncher

Ys 1&2 are not the best starting point IMO, as they've aged the most and you're more likely to burn out on them. Better to start with Oath or Origins and then go back later.

If anything i'll dabble with I and see how I feel about it before completely being set on my order.

Jintor

It branches so much that it's little overwhelming. I tried many different combinations of skills and still only scratched a surface. Every time it plays so differently. Love it, one of the best purchases this sale.

I think it needs to surface the information better with multiple playthroughs. I don't mind keeping paper notes around but it's kind of nonsense in LTTQ because difficulty only comes about because they hide the interface. Further, since they don't tell you what the skillcheck is, it's difficult to determine what you need to have at what by when, which is a key component.

Or it just needs to be even more systems-driven, like I said. I know ren'py has limitations, but maybe consider trying another engine... I don't know... I'd love to chat to the developer though...

Arthea

I think it needs to surface the information better with multiple playthroughs. I don't mind keeping paper notes around but it's kind of nonsense in LTTQ because difficulty only comes about because they hide the interface. Further, since they don't tell you what the skillcheck is, it's difficult to determine what you need to have at what by when, which is a key component.

Or it just needs to be even more systems-driven, like I said. I know ren'py has limitations, but maybe consider trying another engine... I don't know... I'd love to chat to the developer though...

I see what you mean, but a game is perfect length for many playthroughs and keeping notes helps.
About skillcheck requirements: if you had particular skill trained and failed to check it, it gives you insight what is too little and then there are partial checks, that say even more.
I'm not so sure that knowing requirements wouldn't take from fun.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was going to skip the Penny Arcade HB because I thought $6 was too steep (conversion + my current expenses), but I figured that since I already have Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 from a giveaway I can just spend the $1 minimum on the bundle, and if I enjoy the games I can nab RSPD 4 down the road when it's on sale again.

PaulLFC

So... Pool Nation never got a Daily or Flash deal and lost its community vote to a snow board/skiing free to play game that is in alpha stage..... They really need to scrap community votes and double up on flash sales.
Agreed, the vote just seems like a way to put less things on sale. Just scrap it and put all 3 on sale, there's already 3 less daily deals than there used to be.

Arthea

I knew I forgot something! Well, now I'll add it to my wishlist and will buy next sale.

I was going to skip the Penny Arcade HB because I thought $6 was too steep (conversion + my current expenses), but I figured that since I already have Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 from a giveaway I can just spend the $1 minimum on the bundle, and if I enjoy the games I can nab RSPD 4 down the road when it's on sale again.

$6 is too much for 4 steam games?
Damn, you make us proud!

Karl2177

It's this moment in the sale that I wish Steam gave an extra card for those that participated in every single vote. Voting 41 times and being 2/3 of the way to a new card is a bit annoying.

It's this moment in the sale that I wish Steam gave an extra card for those that participated in every single vote. Voting 41 times and being 2/3 of the way to a new card is a bit annoying.

Given steam was dead for most of one of them, it wouldn't be the fairest thing in the world.

Jenks

Banned
Big thanks the Im a Manatee for the LOTR online starter pack, cleared 20GB on my HDD and just downloaded the client:)

Carm

That should disappear in soon enough. I occasionally get it myself. Just keep trying every 10-15 minutes.

You should be able to pick it up for three keys from a trader.

http://rash.zz.mu/?link=fdacecb&payment=wmz
I normally dont advertise my sales but I love timeshift...

Would prefer to buy it from the US store and not to go down that rabbit hole with keys. I'm assuming yours would be a Russian store version or something? With them cracking down on region restricting, I'd like to avoid doing that anymore.

C4rter

That's indeed a shit move by Steam. I missed out one vote and thought "omg, I will have 2/3 votes at the end and miss out on a new card". But the fact that instead the guys who voted every time instead now miss out is really bad.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly what I did. Though I'll probably definitely never play them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would prefer to buy it from the US store and not to go down that rabbit hole with keys. I'm assuming yours would be a Russian store version or something? With them cracking down on region restricting, I'd like to avoid doing that anymore.

The sub is universal. Even if Acti added the trading/gifting restriction or created an RU-specific sub, it wouldn't affect you since you already have the game -- there's nothing Acti can do to retroactively screw people over.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone got any recommendations for the Trackmania series, is it worth picking up and if so which is the best to get?

Didn't want to buy from Amazon?

I heard stories of people's amazon accounts getting blocked for international digital purchases, wasn't taking the risk after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom