• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Anyone play both the mobile and PC versions of Terraria?

I'm planning to pick up a Galaxy Note 8.0 soon and was wondering if I should just get the Android version of the game instead.

I only played the tablet version briefly but knowing how hectic the game can get on PC I can't imagine being able to play with the touch controls very well at all, in fact I'd say it would be impossible to play the late game content that way.

_hekk05

Banned
I played games the entire day ( *gasp* ) and missed all the sales.

I regret nothing.

Also any hope of CSD tmr? Humble bundle?

Bri

You don't get a booster if you craft a badge yourself.
Every time you craft a badge, someone else gets a booster.
There should be a flood of boosters from all the people crafting winter badges (I hope)
Ooooh, ok! Get it, thanks for the info. Guess it was Steams "anti-luck measure" in the working then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WTB: New internet.

gogogadgetinternetx0unq.jpg

I have both (and x2 #10), but so far haven't had any luck trading with another GAFfer as Steam kept giving me an error. May have had to do with non-friends?

I've had this issue with Steam as well. Usually restarting the Steam client fixes it. Sometimes the trade goes through even though I get back the "There was an error" message.

While we're on the subject, GIVE ME YOUR CARDS. I've got 2x #2, looking for #5 and #6.

Oh, also, bought Unholy Heights (along with Hate Plus and some random Rocksmith 1 DLC). Turns out there was a bit of talk in some of the GAF indie threads, so that was cool. One of the threads talked about kids being born to parents and I was all "oh this sounds deeper than I thought, neat!"

Eusis

if that is true then it is a pretty bad last day. most of the dailies are repeats( except for TWD2 and valdis). hopefully HB 10 and HB weekly will be good
Also pretty shitty that expiration dates on god damn cards were apparently more important to use as an end date as when sales actually ended.

Coreda

I want that #10 card if you don't mind. I'm just 2 cards away from crafting my badge! :p

I can try :) Sent a friend request so I can trade offer (I think that's how you can do it). Let me know if there's a better way.

Edit: alternatively it seems this link will allow people to request trade offers from me.

sprinkles

A little disappointed that Hate+ did not get a deeper discount than 33%. A well, that gives me time until the summer sale to unlock the
Harem ending
of Analogue.

JaseC

You get what you pay for with TPG :p
holy smoke, that's horrible.
At least now I know that you can't play any games,, even if you wanted to.
poor Jasec, stay strong, don't kill your provider, we need you!

Haha, it's slim pickings here. I had planned to churn elsewhere next month but one of my mates is looking to buy a house towards the middle of the year and I said I'd move in if he bought a place in an existing NBN (fibre) service area, so in case that does happen I have to put up with TPG for a while longer yet. My original plan was to move back to Internode after I'd re-downloaded all the data I lost in an HDD crash, but by then the plans had changed for the worse. It is incredibly freeing not having to worry about a download limit, though.

Has anyone actually picked up the Young Justice game? Loved the series, but not really heard anything on the game. Is it a in anyway decent Marvel Ultimate Alliance-alike, or not worth it? With it not hitting a Daily, considering grabbing it now.

JaseC

Has anyone actually picked up the Young Justice game? Loved the series, but not really heard anything on the game. Is it a in anyway decent Marvel Ultimate Alliance-alike, or not worth it? With it not hitting a Daily, considering grabbing it now.

I was going to pick it up but it's not on the Russian store just yet.

grimmiq

Haha, it's slim pickings here. I had planned to churn elsewhere next month but one of my mates is looking to buy a house towards the middle of the year and I said I'd move in if he bought a place in an existing NBN (fibre) service area, so in case that does happen I have to put up with TPG for a while longer yet.

Freaked out when I noticed the old house I'm in was on a street with Bigpond cable, ping is fairly bad but can't complain of 6-9MB/sec steam downloads.

JaseC

Freaked out when I noticed the old house I'm in was on a street with Bigpond cable, ping is fairly bad but can't complain of 6-9MB/sec steam downloads.

I'd kill just for a nice round 10Mbit, haha. On a good day I sync at ~7Mbit but generally I'm sitting at ~6.5Mbit... not that sync speed means all that much when your ISP has a tendency to under-provision bandwidth. It's the crummy 0.38Mbit upload speed that frustrates me more than the download speed, though -- gifs don't upload themselves. ;)

Knurek

For Ys this was the right order in terms of actual game release right (Not steam release)

Ys I & II
Felghana
Origins

Ys 1 - 1987, Eternal (which Steam release is based on) - 1998
Ys 2 - 1988, Eternal (which Steam release is based on) - 1998
Ys 3 - 1989, Felghana (enhanced remake of Ys 3) - 2005
Origins - 2006

Turfster

Have people played Monaco? Thoughts? $2.99 on the Humble Store is tempting.

Do you have friends?
Monaco is fun in single player, but where it shines is in 4 man multi-heists, especially when something goes wrong and you're all running around desperately trying to survive/hide.

I'm sad. I haven't been able to buy anything with my cc the last two days. I bought VVVVVV with card money and I have been able to use my cc up until new year. Now I want La-Mulana and Terraria for my brother but nope, won't work.

Come on Steam, don't you want my money?

JaseC

Jaysus. Even my old ATT DSL connection was faster and probably way cheaper than what you pay. I thought we had it bad in the States.

Including the mandatory line rental I pay $92 per month. In an NBN area, for an extra $8 I can switch to a reputable ISP and get a 100Mbps/40Mbps connection with a 1TB monthly quota... but I'm not that lucky yet.

Adahn

So, somewhat amusingly, just funded my steam wallet with my new card for a couple of marketplace transactions only to find out that the new payment method locks me out of the marketplace for a week. Does anyone know if it's actually going to be a week, or will I get access to those funds for the marketplace sooner? Had been planning to sell a couple/buy a couple cards to finish a badge off :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom