• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday trading/giving away thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdrifter

Neo Member
Pretty much the only items I've got that are actually worth anything at all are:

50% off Sam & Max Complete
33% off Skyrim
2 coal

Anyone fancy a little trade involving some/all of those? I'm after coal and lovely indie games :)

KScorp

Pretty much the only items I've got that are actually worth anything at all are:

33% off Skyrim
2 coal

Anyone fancy a little trade involving some/all of those? I'm after coal and lovely indie games :)

I'll take the two coal for one of these:

Zombie Shooter 1
Zombie Shooter 2
inMomentum
Hacker Evolution: Untold
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Saira
Your Doodles Are Bugged!

33% off Skyrim
2 coal

I'll give you Coal for the Skyrim voucher.

Wurdfurd

I know its old, and i dont know how i have it, but I have a copy of DiRT 2 to trade..

Also, have 2 coal to trade for games.

I might be wrong, but a very rough estimate is about a dollar depending on the game.
That was what I thought, too, but a guy told me in an earlier trade that I was crazy for trying to trade 3 coals for Swords & Soldiers or Defense Grid (around 2.50$ each), that they could be worth a dollar yesterday but right now I should give 6 or 7 coals for a 3$ games.

Then, he just was a random guy, but it sounded legit. There are lots of souless people with multiple accounts, and thanks to today's free achievement they must have addead a LOT of coal to the market.

Petrie

Banned
Trading Shadow Harvest Phantom Ops and 5 coal for just about anything I don't have yet. Make me an offer. Steam id PetriesLastWord if you wanna see what games I don't have.

Artofwar420

That was what I thought, too, but a guy told me in an earlier trade that I was crazy for trying to trade 3 coals for Swords & Soldiers or Defense Grid (around 2.50$ each), that they could be worth a dollar yesterday but right now I should give 6 or 7 coals for a 3$ games.

Then, he just was a random guy, but it sounded legit. There are lots of souless people with multiple accounts, and thanks to today's free achievement they must have addead a LOT of coal to the market.

My gut feeling is that he was trying to rip you off. Anyone else?

Cross posting from the steam thread:

Would anyone want to trade coal for:

50% off Bioshock 2
50% off Total War: Shogun 2
50% off Homefront
25% off Valve games

KScorp

Theoretically, 7 coal should barely be worth a single game, since you can craft 7 of them into a coupon or a game. The thing is, there is also a lot of people getting gifts they don't really need or want, or people have spares of other games, and they just want to get rid of them, so they trade them away for a lot less coal to get rid of it faster.

It probably varies depending on the community too.

Petrie

Banned
Theoretically, 7 coal should barely be worth a single game, since you can craft 7 of them into a coupon or a game. The thing is, there is also a lot of people getting gifts they don't really need or want, or people have spares of other games, and they just want to get rid of them, so they trade them away for a lot less coal to get rid of it faster.

Considering the chance of getting a coupon instead of a game, a game should be worth well over 7 coal for sure. But the market is a bit odd right now.

Artofwar420

It seems that people are tend to be more generous and less "i'm gonna get mine, so fuck you."

legend166

33% off Skyrim
2 coal

Did you do this already?

Anyone willing to trade a Skyrim voucher for some coal?

backdrifter

Neo Member
Did you do this already?

Anyone willing to trade a Skyrim voucher for some coal?

Skyrim already gone I'm afraid.

Anyone desperate for 25% off any one City Interactive title? PM me. It's cluttering up my inventory and there's no way in hell I'm double dipping on Sniper: Ghost Warrior...

Stubo

Still looking for an interesting offer to trade Portal 2 with.
Portal 2? Well, I would like to offer you something compelling, but my treasure chest is rather barren...

LAYmB.png

...yeah.

Euphor!a

Banned
Here is the stuff I'm trading

Games:
Valve Complete Pack

Coupons:

Publisher:
Valve 50% Off x3
Valve 25% Off x3
Meridian 50% Off

Games:
Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 50% Off
The Ball - 50% Off

Looking for either coal or games.

Here is the stuff I'm trading

Games:
Valve Complete Pack

Coupons:

Publisher:
Valve 50% Off x3
Valve 25% Off x3
Meridian 50% Off

Games:
Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 50% Off
The Ball - 50% Off

Looking for either coal or games.

Two Worlds II and Eufloria for Valve Complete Pack?

My friend just decided the whole steam trading game was too much work, so I got a lot of coal from him. :D

I have 9 coal anyone have any games to offer for that?

Sorry, already have Eufloria and not much interest in Two Worlds 2.

Thanks for the offer though.

I just assumed you'd like Eufloria based on your username :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My friend just decided the whole steam trading game was too much work, so I got a lot of coal from him. :D

craft the coal! see what you get lol

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Anything in particular?

KScorp

Well, I have Left 4 Dead and Terraria, which I'd give for 7 or so each. I also have HL2 and both episodes for 9 (3 coal each).

EDIT: Just saw your list, so I guess Left 4 Dead for 7 is all I have to offer haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom