• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

titch

Just migrated to a new SSD, took me bloody long enough to get one - just think all those extra seconds of gaming time i have now!!!

Zeknurn

Developers of upcoming Naval Action got fucked by Paypal.
http://www.navalaction.com/preorder/

Captains.
Pre-orders are temporarily closed. Game-Labs is now on the list of game developers like Minecraft and Dreamfall Chapters that has experienced the PayPal wrath.

What happened.
PayPal has decided that we are selling too well and considered it strange. We have provided them with a pile of documentation ranging from Steam distribution agreements to urine samples, but they decided to freeze our account anyway. We are trying to reach them for explanations, but they are very slow and unsupportive.

How you can help to resolve this situation.
Please file the support ticket to Paypal asking to unblock Game-Labs LLC account because you want to play the game we are making, mentioning our case number PP-003-614-057-132. If you already own the game, please file the support ticket asking to open the account back because you are enjoying the product that we delivered mentioning the case number above.

Next steps.
Nothing changes. We are on track to release early access on Steam and it seems that we are going there faster. Paypal has just facilitated the situation.

Game-Labs.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well I had a good night, and minimal hangover :p Think I'll jump on that RE GMG deal as a final little treat ;)

D: I thought that was specially for me!

Happy birthday Ninjen ^_^

It was special since you were the first. But I aint making a new gif per gaffer LOL

Panda Rin

so I'm looking into this new naruto game, and I'm thinking about getting it.

Is it anything like Rise of the Ninja on the 360? That game was sick with the open-world and RPG elements.

MadGear

Just migrated to a new SSD, took me bloody long enough to get one - just think all those extra seconds of gaming time i have now!!!

Yep, its a really nice boost for certain games. To me it was most noticeable in Skyrim since you basically see a decent long loadscreen whenever you enter something. Playing that game off an SSD makes a huge difference. I should get more RAM and put that game on Ramdisk, I'm curious how fast it would load then.

Today's my birthday so here's a little something that I think looks cool

giphy.gif

Thanks!

edit: moved to new page

Happy birthday!

Parsnip

DotEmu just announced the Double Dragon Trilogy. It has local and online multi:

It's hitting Steam, GOG and Amazon on the 15th.

Tentatively interested, only ever played Rosetta Stone on the NES.
But since it's dotEmu, going to have to wait for some impressions.

Tizoc

This is gonna be the OG arcade versions BTW, doubt they could be allowed to get the NES versions ported.

shockdude

I just want to chime in and say that the mouse controls for Jamestown leave much to be desired.
Like why is there a cursor showing WHERE my craft is gonna be, when it can just be for my control of the ship instead...
Because allowing your ship to travel as fast as your mouse would break the game's balance.
Imo in Jamestown keyboard or gamepad is the way to go.

Valve has already said IHS is coming to other platforms than Win, Mac and Linux. Don't know if SteamOS will ever get an ARM version, but the Steam client itself probably, or the iOS and Android apps will get a big update.

Barbarian

Valve has already said IHS is coming to other platforms than Win, Mac and Linux. Don't know if SteamOS will ever get an ARM version, but the Steam client itself probably, or the iOS and Android apps will get a big update.

Seems inevitable considering what Razor is doing with streaming pc to android.

Ryne

I dunno... I mean, if Steam Support is suggesting it, it's probably wrong, right?

Not about it being wrong, but looking for the best/fastest method.

That page is telling me to delete everything but a folder and the app file itself. I'm wondering if there is a different method.

Nzyme32

Trying to decide on whether I should be one of the following this month:

• Life is Strange (Complete) - £11.08
  • Resident Evil - £11.99
  • Grim Fandango Remastered - £??.??

Help me decide. I know I'll get them all eventually but I can probably only get one this month

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Help me decide. I know I'll get them all eventually but I can probably only get one this month

Life is Strange is something new, will probably be very good but that's just me making stuff up.

Resident Evil is great, and stands the test of time very well.

Grim Fandango Remastered is probably the best game coming out this month, if I were the one making the choice I'd probably get this.

DotEmu just announced the Double Dragon Trilogy. It has local and online multi:

It's hitting Steam, GOG and Amazon on the 15th.
I got this on Ouya a while back - NOT A WORD! - and while it's not bad or anything, it feels kinda lazy. The scrolling wasn't smooth, for one thing. It felt very juddery and sluggish. Still, I think it was only $3 on that system. Hopefully these ports will be better and
just as cheap. :)

Tizoc

Because allowing your ship to travel as fast as your mouse would break the game's balance.
Imo in Jamestown keyboard or gamepad is the way to go.

I personally like the concept of using a Mouse, and let me be honest I suck donkey balls in Bullet Hells and even if it messed with the balance I'd still end up hitting some bullets and losing a life :p

• Resident Evil - £11.99

GF won't be released until maybe a month after Sony versions are out this month.

Life is Strange is an episodic series, and honestly if they can deliver the remaining eps. in a timely manner all the better.

pahamrick

Not about it being wrong, but looking for the best/fastest method.

That page is telling me to delete everything but a folder and the app file itself. I'm wondering if there is a different method.

Its how I've done it, you're deleting everything but the games basically. Normally I only back up the steamapps folder and delete everything, then reinstall steam, exit and then copy the steam folder back.

louiedog

• Resident Evil - £11.99

I'd remove Life is Strange and pick it up when the release schedule is farther along.

GF won't be released until maybe a month after Sony versions are out this month.

They announced it would hit PC and Sony platforms at the same time. Has that changed?

• Resident Evil - £11.99

REmake.
#SUPPORTCAPCOM

Its how I've done it, you're deleting everything but the games basically. Normally I only back up the steamapps folder and delete everything, then reinstall steam, exit and then copy the steam folder back.

I've done it this way too -- steam basically pulls a skynet and regrows itself in the new location.

Be warned, though, steam may consider this a new "pc" after you change drives, which may lead to being locked out of the market for a week.

Uzzy

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Resident Evil will be fantastic. You're probably better off waiting on Life is Strange to get more episodes done, so you have a much better idea of the quality of the game.

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Resident Evil. You know it. I know it.

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Resident Evil is the best and safer choice, Life is strange is not yet completed and will most definitely be discounted when new episodes will hit. Don't know about Grim Fandango but I think it will be not as cheap as RE right now so waiting might be the best choice for this one.

Nabs

thanks! I'll give a try when I'm home.

Limelight is really awesome. The Amazon FireTV works great on it (other than the crushing/compression hurting the Image Quality) - finally got to play my steam games on the big screen...

maybe I'll try Aliens... but getting keyboard and mouse to work is gonna be problematic...

I recently played some Dark Souls and Yaiba on my FireTV. Not bad! I had to jack the quality up to 100mb / 720p@60 or whatever, but then it seemed to play alright.

AHA-Lambda

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Hmmm... Well I'm getting them all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom