• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Today's my birthday so here's a little something that I think looks cool

Happy Birthday! :D

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news...ng-horror-icon-jason-voorhees-in-development/

FRIDAY-THE-13TH-ANNOUNCE-ART-V2-630x747.jpg

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

wilflare

I was gonna mention that, try first the 30 FPS lock if you still get screen tearing, use NVidia Inspector to force some vsync and use Nvidia experience if you have it to let it choose the best visual settings for you, then change them from your end to maybe find out what's causing the screen tearing.

it's not bad tearing. I turned on the FPS counter on ShadowPlay. the tearing is only obvious when my FPS drops to 45/55 range (which happens really randomly I think.)

does it make sense to still do a 60FPS lock? I tried 30 but the animation is definitely not as fluid. (anyway, my Amazon FireTV can only take 1080p30 when I use Limelight/GameStrean so... is there any point?)

Well, it's not the DS4W you have to worry about. Does your PC detect it is the important question. As long as your PC can see the "Wireless Controller" you should be in business.

nothing is detected under the Gamepad/controllers section. It appears as Wireless Controller under Unspecified in Devices... :(
not sure what happened. Argh. tried different DS4s too same issue

Miguel81

nothing is detected under the Gamepad/controllers section. It appears as Wireless Controller under Unspecified in Devices... :(
not sure what happened. Argh. tried different DS4s too same issue

Did you remove the device completely and try pairing it again, or is this usb connection?

So, uh... Killer Is Dead starts making sense at some point, right? I've only played through episode 4, but this shit is WEIRD.

I mean, I'm totally digging the game, but I do not understand anything going on.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So, uh... Killer Is Dead starts making sense at some point, right? I've only played through episode 4, but this shit is WEIRD.

I mean, I'm totally digging the game, but I do not understand anything going on.

Things get cleared out after you finish the game and if you're still lost after the game is over you unlock some files that fleshes things out a bit and makes it easier to connect the dots.

Tizoc

Beat the game then
1- Replay it so it makes more sense
2- I can link to a story break down for you to help understand it

dani_dc

Happy Birthday NingenJanai!
Ah, thanks! I'll use that for some things, but I really wanted to give some things back to GAF.

Anyone who wants something in my inventory, feel free to send me an empty trade offer. 3 items per person (but 5 coupons is fine) (might change depending on popularity).
The only things I don't want to trade away is my cards, coupon for Portal 2 and the items I only have 1 of. Anything duplicated is fine, almost!
Just send me a trade offer and I'll most likely accept.

Note: I don't want anything in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kimoi/inventory/

I wouldn't mind that 66% off Pivvot coupon, been interested for the game in awhile.

I've sent you a friend invite.

For some reason, Im finding The Witcher 2 outrageously difficult. I just got to Flotsam and I keep getting killed whenever I freeroam in the jungle. The combat is pretty hard with a m/kb imo. I wouldn't have skipped the opening tutorial if I knew how different it was going to be. Although, I still really enjoy and can see it engulfing me. Im kinda bummed that Im pretty sure my laptop wont be able to run number 3. Oh well, I'll build a rig eventually.

Ayumi

Anyone who wants something in my inventory, feel free to send me an empty trade offer. 3 items per person (but 5 coupons is fine) (might change depending on popularity).
The only things I don't want to trade away is my cards, coupon for Portal 2 and the items I only have 1 of. Anything duplicated is fine, almost!

Note: I don't want anything in return./[/url]

Here is my trading URL. You can click it and choose things from my inventory!
https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=37184087&token=vJmY7gfp

Edit: You don't need to add me to trade with me. If you wanna add me, you're free to! But please leave a message in my comment field with your GAF username.

Miguel81

USB... and it's not working out at all :(

Odd. If I was having that issue, I'd start by uninstalling the SCPServer driver, then remove the Wireless Controller from the PC entirely. After that, I'd start anew with the pad and making sure that Windows sees it properly under Devices, before installing the DS4Windows driver. You're using Windows 8.1, correct?

Do you have a DS3 connected to your PC as well? I've read that that might cause problems with the DS4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Agarest Generations of War -- MB-7D2F9F1108DCB200 - Taken by Diedac. 26 entrants total.

t1420888494z1.png

Happy Birthday!! :D

I was confused when Punished said Ninjen, thought it might had been someone I didn't know xD
¡Feliz cumpleaños! =)

Happy Birthday Ningen! May redheads shower you with kisses today!

Happy Birthday! :D

Happy Birthday Ningen! :3

Happy B-Day :D

Happy birthday!

Awww, that's adorable, Happy Birthday :D

Happy birthday!

Happy B-day NingenJanai!

Happy Birthday Ningen!

Happy Birthday !

Happy birthday! Looks like a lot of us have birthdays on January :)

Happy birthday Ningen

Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINGEN!

Thanks a lot guys, you all are great <3
Sorry if I missed someone, too much love :D

Tizoc

I just want to chime in and say that the mouse controls for Jamestown leave much to be desired.
Like why is there a cursor showing WHERE my craft is gonna be, when it can just be for my control of the ship instead...

There are still people who has computers with floppy drives?

I still have some floppy drives lying around somewhere. Had a desktop computer that could still use them until five years ago.

This is like the 30th iteration of my avatar. I should make a collage of them all someday.

Ah, thanks! I'll use that for some things, but I really wanted to give some things back to GAF.

Note: I don't want anything in return.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kimoi/inventory/

Wouldn't mind the 90% off I, Zombie one. Sent a friend request.

I still have some floppy drives lying around somewhere. Had a desktop computer that could still use them until five years ago.

This is like the 30th iteration of my avatar. I should make a collage of them all someday.

I have an unopened mint 10pack of the mulit-coloured Imation 1.44mb disks in one of my drawers. One day my great-great grandkids will be able to buy a small Country with the proceeds of the auction.

Happy Birthday Ningen!

wilflare

Weird. Have you been messing with your controller at all?

Odd. If I was having that issue, I'd start by uninstalling the SCPServer driver, then remove the Wireless Controller from the PC entirely. After that, I'd start anew with the pad and making sure that Windows sees it properly under Devices, before installing the DS4Windows driver. You're using Windows 8.1, correct?

Do you have a DS3 connected to your PC as well? I've read that that might cause problems with the DS4.

the only thing I tried to do was to pair the DS4 with the SixAxis app on my Note3. I used the SixAxisPairTool. it's after installing this that my DS4 (I even tried another) stopped working on the PC.

I have uninstalled the app (even reinstalled and uninstalled) but nothing works.

@dante, I tried what you suggested. uninstall the SCP. used device manager to remove any hidden devices related - nothing works :/

---
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINGEN!

Nabs

the only thing I tried to do was to pair the DS4 with the SixAxis app on my Note3. I used the SixAxisPairTool. it's after installing this that my DS4 (I even tried another) stopped working on the PC.

I have uninstalled the app (even reinstalled and uninstalled) but nothing works.

@dante, I tried what you suggested. uninstall the SCP. used device manager to remove any hidden devices related - nothing works :/

---
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINGEN!

Have you tried using a Windows restore point? That always saves me when I screw something up.

Is there any awesome deal for Divinity: Original Sin?

According to Is There Any Deal: https://de.gamesplanet.com/game/divinity-original-sin--2651-1

Copons

I wanted to be a smartass saying "also, in 2015 there is not even a single Friday 13", but fuck me, there are hundreds.

Also, happy birthday Ningen! Let's hope this year will be the year when I can finally manage to read your nickname as something not racially inappropriate!

Videospel

Carly Bedwetter, heh. :eek:

What's up with that new achievement interface? Mine looks the same as always.
And happy birthday NingenJanai.

Arthea

Happy Birthday Ningen!

you should start playing a part and freaking out because of all misspellings, just telling (><)

also what was that about Ys 6, is it real? I hope it is.

Tizoc

Happy Birthday Ningen!

you should start playing a part and freaking out because of all misspellings, just telling (><)

DetectiveGAF are attempting to uncover what other games XSEED is planning on releasing in 2015, and Ys 6 may just be one of them.

Happy Birthday Ningen!

From the thread

Guy on the far left fits the rightmost black silhouette.

Credits to CrimsonFist and Hero of Legend for the images.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hype are you for that upcoming Mahjong game?

Talking about this one right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom