• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

Someone sell me on the relative flaws and merits of FurCry4 and AssUnitard and help me pick one =p

Imo, FurCry 4 has better characters, setting, side-content, gameplay, story, co-op and graphics (interiors go to Assunitard though). There are fewer annoyances such as needing to use their stupid app/site to unlock chests/costumes, and overall it was just more enjoyable to play.

HoosTrax

Ugh my head hurts just looking at this level.

7E08FB3FF304E043A622406599E995245FE24DF0

Can't wait to see what new project the Hexcell's guy decides to work on, now that the "trilogy" is finished.

I'm going through a drag I think. I have absolute no interest in playing any of my games, and I'm not really totally excited about anything coming out. I'm aware and interested in this months games (especially H1Z1) but not thrilled to get to play anything. These periods seem to come more often than not the older I have gotten.

On another note, I'm super much into watching movies at the moment.

Nothing wrong with that, we all need a break every once in a while. I'm kind of in the same boat myself.

Ruruja

Has Steam stopped tracking when achievements are unlocked? I played Anomaly and the achievements I have unlocked don't have a time stamp. Haven't checked other games yet

It does that when you're "offline" I think, maybe Steam was down when you unlocked them.

HoosTrax

I'm never doing that one again.
It does look painful. Partly because I'm OCD, and while I never make "guesses", I do sometimes accidentally mark a hex incorrectly because I get confused about what blue numbered hexes mean sometimes. So I have to restart the entire level.

Nabs

It does look painful. Partly because I'm OCD, and while I never make "guesses", I do sometimes accidentally mark a hex incorrectly because I get confused about what blue numbered hexes mean sometimes. So I have to restart the entire level.

Yeah, I'm not as tough on myself, but I won't continue if I make two mistakes. 6-5 is the first time in the series where I had to resort to taking notes and doing stuff on paper (or gimp) first. Good luck!

Pachimari

I'm going through a drag I think. I have absolute no interest in playing any of my games, and I'm not really totally excited about anything coming out. I'm aware and interested in this months games (especially H1Z1) but not thrilled to get to play anything. These periods seem to come more often than not the older I have gotten.

On another note, I'm super much into watching movies at the moment.

And with this said, I just decided to install Hexcells for the first time.

Oh wowza! This game made sense to me right away, and this is one of those addicting games!

Okay, my new Alienware Area 51 desktop just showed up (the trapezoidal thing). Freaking huge. 45 pounds. overclocked Haswell-E. 16 gigs of speedy DDR4 ram. And a GTX 980. One hell of an upgrade from a 4-year old processor, 6 gigs of ram, and a 650Ti.

LETS DO THIS.

So... where do I start for proper socks-blown-off-ness? Wolfenstein? Metro Last Light?

I'm tempted to boot Warframe back up for the first time in months.

January is crazy for me. Life is Strange, Resident Evil, Grim Fandango, and now I see that The Next Penelope is also releasing this month.

My wallet is crying.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm right at the end of Hexcells Plus and so hyped for Hexcells Infinite. Like, I find myself just thinking about Hexcells no matter what I'm doing. I'm cooking supper and my brain is thinking Hexcells Hexcells Hexcells.

Knurek

I'm right at the end of Hexcells Plus and so hyped for Hexcells Infinite. Like, I find myself just thinking about Hexcells no matter what I'm doing. I'm cooking supper and my brain is thinking Hexcells Hexcells Hexcells.

I fear the day Conceptis Puzzles decides to port their apps to Steam.
Still need to buy H∞

Ugh my head hurts just looking at this level.
7E08FB3FF304E043A622406599E995245FE24DF0

Can't wait to see what new project the Hexcell's guy decides to work on, now that the "trilogy" is finished.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

He does have another game on Steam, Sentinel
And is working on a Audiosurf clone

fantomena

According to Game Informers 2015 release schedule (link) my list for the 3 first months will look like this:

January:

Life is Strange (PC)
Resident Evil Remake (PC)
Grim Fandango (PC)
Blackguards 2

Still not sure about GTA V, Dying Light and Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell

February:

Evolve (thank you cheap Indonesian Steam store)
The Order: 1886

Still not sure about: DoA5: Final Round and Total War: Attila.

March:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Bloodborne

Still not sure about: Project CARS, FFHD Type-0, Screamride and BF: Hardline.

So january is overall the biggest month.

Jawmuncher

Steam Streaming used to look really good. But now it's looking pretty bad.
Both of my PCs are on the same network and in with ethernet....wonder whats going on with my internet.

EDIT: Figured it out, it's just Sakura Spirit that does it.

Mr. Doop

Yeah, the Hexcells games are fantastic. Easily some of the best games I played last year.

Turfster

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Far Cry 4 is more Far Cry 3 if you liked that, with a few cool new gadgets. Ass Creed Unity is a bad Assassin's Creed game.

Didn't actually play FC3, but since nobody had anything nice to say about AssUnitard apparently, and The Crew is lolno, I guess it's FC4 by default.

Turfster

With FC4 you will discover that eagles are jerks...lol

Eagles, the original cliff racers.

Also, sort of unrelated rant, so don't unspoil if you don't care =p
Damn those extra unscheduled medical costs last month that ate into the budget. Now I have a brand spanking new card and no new shiny sale games that really use it. bah.

Grief.exe

According to Game Informers 2015 release schedule (link) my list for the 3 first months will look like this:

January:

Life is Strange (PC)
Resident Evil Remake (PC)
Grim Fandango (PC)
Blackguards 2

Still not sure about GTA V, Dying Light and Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell

February:

Evolve (thank you cheap Indonesian Steam store)
The Order: 1886

Still not sure about: DoA5: Final Round and Total War: Attila.

March:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Bloodborne

Still not sure about: Project CARS, FFHD Type-0, Screamride and BF: Hardline.

So january is overall the biggest month.

Some other games to look forward to launching in early 2015 are Below, Ori and the Blind Forest, Killing Floor 2, and Hotline Miami 2.
If we are including other consoles, then Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 should be launching before March as well.

All the footage from The Order has looked very mediocre so far, I'm surprised how far up it was on the GAF hype list for 2015.

Chariot

Man, Blade Kitten is unexpectedly fun. I thought I was never in this kind of games, but here I am. The characters are fun, the world feels similar to Beyond Good and Evil and the gameplay is super fast. Especially fighting is super fun.

All the footage from The Order has looked very mediocre so far, I'm surprised how far up it was on the GAF hype list for 2015.

I'm still going to play it, if only to marvel at how great it looks (if it maintains the quality we've seen thus far) but I'm not expecting revolutionary gameplay. I think it'll be serviceable as a vessel to deliver the nice visuals, but nothing more. Essentially, a solid -- if forgettable -- experience that's only remembered for how great it looked at the time.

I would love to be proved wrong, though.

Some other games to look forward to launching in early 2015 are Below, Ori and the Blind Forest, Killing Floor 2, and Hotline Miami 2.
If we are including other consoles, then Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 should be launching before March as well.

There's been a sizeable antihype though at the same time, nowhere near the levels of the Bloodborne hype train.

Yeah, I found them because Ozium passed me a Youtube link. Is very stupid, as I said I didn't notice them, thinking they were just normal levels :l

No one read my post :(
The Restoration Mod works even after the patch. Follow instructions, and costume will be in your menu again.

I played the whole game with Noel AC costume and Serah N7 outfit (I also posted A LOT of screens :D).

I haven't played it lately but checking if it was still possible to unlock them was on my to do list. I need to get around to that then.

Lomax

In a way I'm glad I only bought the bundle with the first two Hexcells game, because otherwise I'd just be jumping straight into Infinite right now. Such great games, was a great impulse purchase at the end of the sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

There's a pretty handy flow chat I use in cases like this:

Is it a Sony exclusive?
||
YES
||
It is overhyped.

Tizoc

IMO The Order might be worth a 1 time playthrough at least. It's your typical linear shootbang game from the looks of it.

fantomena

Im not much hyped on The Order. Just looks okay to me, but nothing special. Hopefully Sony sends it to me early so I can report a bit early.

FloatOn

One more level in Shovel Knight and then I bid this beautiful game farewell.

I love when retro style games are not gimmicky bullshit.

Jawmuncher

I'll watch the cutscenes on Youtube

I'll use this as just a general topic.
But this is something i could never do. Hell it bothers me just looking up an ending for a recent game. I know this gets brought up a lot for the less gameplay focused games but its always such a odd thing for me. Since that is my favorite style of game. You'll never see me complain about games wanting to be more like movies. Just having the controller and a some control to it offers a lot to me.

Chariot

One more level in Shovel Knight and then I bid this beautiful game farewell.

I love when retro style games are not gimmicky bullshit.
There is still New Game+ and the upcoming major updates with new campaigns (although they probably need some time. But New game + man!).

Just finished Mind: Path to Thalamus. Some quick impressions:

At its heart, it's a puzzle game with two main mechanics: walk around, and move balls that activate things (or most of the time, have the environment and its changes move balls for you,) then walk around some more to new places that the activated things open up, until you hit goals in the form of portals or mirrors. Is that overly simplistic? Perhaps. Is the game? Mmmmmsort of. There is a story, in a sense, of a man's quest for redemption, but it feels like it's not entirely serious and the developers are just fucking with you or feel like they HAVE to tell a story to make the game more compelling. In one sense, the way the story is told gives some explanation as to why the unrealistic nature of the puzzles still "works." But you could probably safely ignore the story and just play with the balls.

Graphically, is it pretty? You bet. Is the music and sound good? Yes, although "leaves rustling" sounds a lot like "rain" which might confuse you for a bit since rain is a puzzle feature. Are the puzzles good? Mostly, although it's FAR too reliant on timing. There was one area I screwed up several times - you have to be fast and in my haste I threw the ball too far to the right or left and missed the target - and had to trek quite a long way to reset everything to try and get it right (okay, over the two rivers, place the ball against this wall, back over the two rivers, roll this ball and hope you don't screw it up agDAMN IT!) I was expecting something a bit more relaxing than "do this and now RUN!"

The verdict: Do I recommend it? If you like timing puzzles, then sure, get it without hesitation. If you like puzzle games but aren't a big fan of timing, it might still be worth your while. If you're looking for a calm journey or an arty experience, you might feel a bit betrayed by this game. I can see how this game isn't for everyone. I thought it was alright, personally.

fantomena

Currently playing Peggle 2 on PS4. Feels so fucking weird. If EA can't release it on Origin due to the games in-game store then release it on Steam then.

No one read my post :(
The Restoration Mod works even after the patch. Follow instructions, and costume will be in your menu again.

I played the whole game with Noel AC costume and Serah N7 outfit (I also posted A LOT of screens :D).

Hm, not working for me, it just gives me a weird looking model of lightning. Is 1.2 the most recent version?

I'll use this as just a general topic.
But this is something i could never do. Hell it bothers me just looking up an ending for a recent game. I know this gets brought up a lot for the less gameplay focused games but its always such a odd thing for me. Since that is my favorite style of game. You'll never see me complain about games wanting to be more like movies. Just having the controller and a some control to it offers a lot to me.

Nah I was half joking. I'll probably ignore the game completely and just read all the GAF threads in the weeks after release. Should be much more entertaining! The game is just not for me.

Nabs

Currently playing Peggle 2 on PS4. Feels so fucking weird. If EA can't release it on Origin due to the games in-game store then release it on Steam then.

Everyone loves to claim that Origin is some big success for EA, and yet they won't bother to release simple games like Peggle 2 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom