• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarian

Trying to decide on whether I should be one of the following this month:

• Life is Strange (Complete) - £11.08
  • Resident Evil - £11.99
  • Grim Fandango Remastered - £??.??

Help me decide. I know I'll get them all eventually but I can probably only get one this month

I'm most excited for Grim Fandango, but you probably can't go wrong with any of these.

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Help me decide. I know I'll get them all eventually but I can probably only get one this month
Consider yourself decided!
aP9m9ya.gif

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Isn't HuniePop scheduled to come out this month as well? You know...just sayin'.

Turfster

Daily Always Sometimes Monsters 60% off

Humble Daily
  • Frozen Synapse 90% off
  • Paper Monsters Recut 33% off
  • Depth 40% off

Humble Weekend Saints Row Franchise 75% off

• Resident Evil - £11.99

Get resident evil. Enjoy a complete life.

I was under the impression it's better played with KB/M :X

Everything... well, almost everything... is better with a controller.

they just need to update their Android app for now :/

Go get the updated Steam app for Android from the XDA forums.

damn ... I'll get you next time, Turfster!!!

2015-01-10_19-05-08.jpg

DAMN YOU GADGET!!!!

Ah yes, but which one is "worth it?" >.>

<.<

Hrmmm... I am conflicted on how to handle this. >_<

Nzyme32

Life is Strange is something new, will probably be very good but that's just me making stuff up.

Resident Evil is great, and stands the test of time very well.

Grim Fandango Remastered is probably the best game coming out this month, if I were the one making the choice I'd probably get this.

GF won't be released until maybe a month after Sony versions are out this month.

Life is Strange is an episodic series, and honestly if they can deliver the remaining eps. in a timely manner all the better.

If you like the old school Resi games, and have never played the REmake version, then definitely go for that one first.

I'd remove Life is Strange and pick it up when the release schedule is farther along.

They announced it would hit PC and Sony platforms at the same time. Has that changed?

REmake.
#SUPPORTCAPCOM

Resident Evil will be fantastic. You're probably better off waiting on Life is Strange to get more episodes done, so you have a much better idea of the quality of the game.

Resident Evil. You know it. I know it.

Resident Evil is the best and safer choice, Life is strange is not yet completed and will most definitely be discounted when new episodes will hit. Don't know about Grim Fandango but I think it will be not as cheap as RE right now so waiting might be the best choice for this one.

Hmmm... Well I'm getting them all :p

I'm most excited for Grim Fandango, but you probably can't go wrong with any of these.

Consider yourself decided!

Isn't HuniePop scheduled to come out this month as well? You know...just sayin'.

Get resident evil. Enjoy a complete life.

Thanks for all the advice. Seems my plan is to get Resident Evil now, get Life is Strange a little later, probably pick up Grim Fandango somehow as soon as it launches, and to look into HuniePop!

Jawmuncher

Actually, I'm going to answer my own question above:
Praise the sun!
gvA4exj.png

I remember promising to play this game for SteamGAF. Why did I do such a thing..
I'm gonna have to play my route the day it comes out since i'll be leaving to work a few days after release.
This is actually a really smart and fair solution.
Now I just have to remember if were getting the steam version. Pretty sure we should since he said he doesn't agree with having to buy it twice.

Chariot

This is the first visual novel/dating sim/whatever the hell you call this genre to ever interest me.

The dialog is so bad its good. Its actually making me interested in this train wreck.
Actually the insist that this isn't a Visual Novel, but an Puzzle game since people seem to concentrate on that, when the main gameplay is about this puzzle date/sex ... thing.

Actually, I'm going to answer my own question above:

gvA4exj.png

Praise the sun!
Aww yiss. I mean - I didn't need that in the first place, humpf.

I remember promising to play this game for SteamGAF. Why did I do such a thing..
Hehehe, I still got that list.

- BinaryPork2737 (Nikki)
- Chariot (Lola)
- dani_dc (Beli)
- dot (Kyanna)
- Gunstarheroes (Skankerbell)
- Jawmuncher (Aiko)
- Lain (Jessie)
- taco543 (Tiffany)
- Uzzy (Audrey)

(oh god, we actually have someone who took Skanerbell)

Ozium

So, there's absolutely nothing in Coliseum after beating the game.
Are those DLCs missing?

if I look on the SPUF I don't see anyone else with your issue, all that is said is "it unlocks after you beat the main campaign"

have yet to find anyone else saying they beat the game and can't find it

:/

Turfster

Mac Game Store has Civ V Complete 77% off

Games Republic has an Arcen Games sale 66%-80% off

Indiegala store still has Vanishing of Ethan Carter 40% off and Chivalry 80% off

Get Games has the Thief games 75% off

Pachimari

I'm going through a drag I think. I have absolute no interest in playing any of my games, and I'm not really totally excited about anything coming out. I'm aware and interested in this months games (especially H1Z1) but not thrilled to get to play anything. These periods seem to come more often than not the older I have gotten.

On another note, I'm super much into watching movies at the moment.

Wish both of you a great day and year Ningen & Gianni !
Or, y'know, you could play it with a controller, like you should be doing anyway.
Nah. FPS/TPS beg to be played with kb/m. I do agree though some games "feel" better with gamepad. Like Dark Souls.
Despite some people's best efforts, I have survived.
Yo, the lost son has returned! Where have you been you magnificent multi-talented, multi-lingual soon-to-be cyborg!?
One gaffer voted for Dragon Age: Inquisition in the Steam GOTY voting.....
Hey Orange, I send my votes on time but I want to add two gamea. Am I good to send you another PM?

Deques

Has Steam stopped tracking when achievements are unlocked? I played Anomaly and the achievements I have unlocked don't have a time stamp. Haven't checked other games yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom