• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know if the multiplayer functionality is working the way it's supposed to, but the game itself is working fine for me.

I some named cars driving around while in free-roam mode, but I don't know if these are AI drivers or humans (they have pretty generic names like "Mark" or something).
Yeah I mean just patching and logging in. That didn't for for me last time.

P.S. I played over 100 hours and they never got the multiplayer working.

autoduelist

Well, the market might not actually give you that buck. If you look at the price history of that pack, none have ever sold, so it being worth 90 cents is not really accurate. It's not a popular game so it is very likely it will only ever sell in the 40 cents range.

Ah, that would make sense.

I don't really know much about cards. I would have thought 'unpopular' games would have less cards generated and therefore cards would be more valuable? Whereas a popular game would have a constant influx of cards on the market dropping price.

Maybe this time someone actually answers

IIRC there was some loophole whereas people part of a steam group you had joined could send you messages and friend requests even if you had blocked them.

Dunno if it was fixed.

Maybe somebody is using that or a similar loophole to write comments while blocked.

Lomax

Ah, that would make sense.

I don't really know much about cards. I would have thought 'unpopular' games would have less cards generated and therefore cards would be more valuable? Whereas a popular game would have a constant influx of cards on the market dropping price.

To a certain extent that's true, but there's also more demand for those games. Plus there's an overall market perception about card value these days which causes most values to trend to the same general area. The "ideal" situation is for cards to be rare and also for there to be a decent amount of demand, which pretty much only happens these days for games with really desirable backgrounds (ie anime games).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, my headphones have died. I should have bought a replacement pair earlier so I wouldn't be stuck waiting two days. I'm actually surprised they lasted as long as they did, though (a week shy of 2.5 years).

Edit: Still no Steam key for the Dirty Bomb beta, unsurprisingly. Almost forgot about that.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bah, my headphones have died. I should have bought a replacement pair earlier so I wouldn't be stuck waiting two days. I'm actually surprised they lasted as long as they did, though (a week shy of 2.5 years).

Worst feel. I'm a music junkie as well.

JaseC

Worst feel. I'm a music junkie as well.

Twice now I've thought, "I should buy a backup pair so I don't have to wait next time"... and twice now I've forgotten to do so. :( I can't even use the speakers sitting in front of me in the interim. Being without sound is almost as awful as being without the internet.

Tizoc

Forgot to vote, I'm sorry Alien ;-;

Is Nuuvem going to open Steamake or should I just grab it from the GMG VIP section?

The billion $ question. The wait for whether Nuuvem will have those 2 games is killing me, and I don't want to miss out on the GMG VIP deal.

JaseC

Oh wow, Daily Indie Game finally has an account system. Also, spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Towers of Altrac -- MB-208B02FED99D2779 - Taken by Deques
Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends -- MB-9E80BCD236C0098A - Taken by WinterDemons
Sinister City -- MB-4F6A3F47583E072E - Taken by 7Sins
Duplicity: Beyond the Lies -- MB-0FF05D3163CB6FF0 - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Towers of Altrac #2 -- MB-615B22F88F8FEB11 - Taken by bobnowhere
Sinister City #2 -- MB-E558A99CA581B7D0 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Register the Desura key to obtain the Steam key.

You did the same error I did :)
You NEED to patch both files, graphics and the other one I can't remember. After that, you will have costumes instead the white ghost.

Oh, I see. Thanks man.

The Arkham games are just so damn good.
Asylum initially didn't click with me for some reason but last year I finished it and loved it.
Then I bought Origins and had a lot of fun wuth if as well. Not sure why it is regarded so poorly.
Now I'm playing City again (this one I played and beat right when it was released) just because I'm enjoying these games so much.
Actually forgot to mention AK in my post about games that have me hyped. I hope it delivers.

ExoSoul

Banned
Why isn't the special edition (upgrade) for Megabyte Punch on steam? XO
The key from the dev site comes unbundled right? I can buy it any make a giveaway for the key and keep the extras right?
I really want those extras x(

JaseC

I see DF finally has applied Massive Chalice's discount to the OST edition. Seeing that Saoirse is one of the random female names in the game, I suppose I have to buy it. ;)

Valve really needs to implement a "delete steam cloud saves" option for each game. PSN offers this possibility, why Valve doesn't allow users to delete their stored saves?

Sony gives players the option because PS+ users only get a gig across every game, versus up to 1GB per game on Steam. I'd say there's not really a need for it on Steam because you can just disable Steam Cloud support if the feature is giving you grief, which would result in a file conflict window when you re-enable it, giving you the option of either downloading the older cloud-stored save or replacing it with your newer local one.

Chariot

I see DF finally applied Massive Chalice's discount to the OST edition now. Seeing that Saoirse is one of the random female names in the game, I suppose I have to buy it. ;)
I hope Ubisoft makes Saoirse the protagonist of an modern world Assassins Creed.

Holy shit at the XSeed fallout.
Pretty much mod harassment onward from page 5

Yeah I found it to be a little bit disturbing. I mean, there were times that XSEED had put its foot in their mouth on several occasions but I believe their output is good enough to outweigh the bad. I always worry that every XSEED thread will be another negative bashing onslaught over the past.

Still, can't wait for Ark of Napishtim to arrive on PC.

Knurek

Yeah I found it to be a little bit disturbing. I mean, there were times that XSEED had put its foot in their mouth on several occasions but I believe their output is good enough to outweigh the bad. I always worry that every XSEED thread will be another negative bashing onslaught over the past.

I can't believe someone would actually suggest using the term G.I.R.L with a straight face.
I've been interested in Japanese culture for at least 20 years, watched tonnes of fansubs, read mangas and played games. First time I hear of it.

Chariot

I can't believe someone would actually suggest using the term G.I.R.L with a straight face.
I've been interested in Japanese culture for at least 20 years, watched tonnes of fansubs, read mangas and played games. First time I hear of it.
Same here. Plus context matters. The word 'trap' is used by a person on an virtual board who is known to be an angry hater. It's not like the protagonists are throwing it around. So yeah, it might be a bit offensive, but that's the point, isn't it? The mods trying dogpile Tom and derail the thread with an agenda was a bit... disturbing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
was goty results posted?

And yes, Hexcells is AMAZING. Currently on World 5 in Hexcells plus after finishing Hexcells.

_hekk05

Banned
Same here. Plus context matters. The word 'trap' is used by a person on an virtual board who is known to be an angry hater. It's not like the protagonists are throwing it around. So yeah, it might be a bit offensive, but that's the point, isn't it? The mods trying dogpile Tom and derail the thread with an agenda was a bit... disturbing.

Wait wut. Are you talking about traps or traps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom