• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fantastic.
Use it Jase, USE IT!

In doing so I'd probably jinx her not getting the role of Young Jean Grey in Apocalypse. ;)

Ubisoft managed to fuck up Tetris.

Hooray for exclusive rights.

Rights exclusivity is even more backwards than the common stipulation that once said contracts have expired, any and all related products can no longer be sold.

dex3108

Well, if a game doesn't make you care about the supporting characters (considering that most of ME2 is about recruitment and loyalty), I don't know what to tell you.

I want to care but then i look how ME1 relationships and decisions were included in ME2 and i lose every interest. :(

Another thing that i have issue with is that for a game set in space i felt so limited and claustrophobic. I hope that they will open up ME4.

ExoSoul

Banned
Finally finished it.

0BkQYgR.png

What a ride =)
I'm sure I'll pull it out at parties, the Versus mode is a blast!

I want to care but then i look how ME1 relationships and decisions were included in ME2 and i lose every interest. :(

That's the thing, though. A lot of the teasers and plot hooks that are set up in ME2 either never come to fruition or are horribly mismanaged.

Liara becoming the Shadow Broker? Doesn't mean anything to gameplay, and the yeoman gives you more information, intel and updates on a regular basis than Liara does (and, if you didn't finish the DLC, characters react with astonishment and make you feel like an idiot). The Rachni Queen? Regardless of whether or not you saved her, a queen still shows up (and the only thing that changes is a point value). Legion's "Dyson cube" quest? Doesn't matter, and the Geth are suddenly deadset on becoming individuals

No and I don't think any of them really. They were all fine arcs in my book. The ending was the actual issue.

Don't get me started. People who claim that either haven't played the game or are woefully ignorant of the game's problems. It starts with the terribly rushed and confusing prologue mission and goes downhill from there. There are a few good points, but I consider to be a betrayal of just about everything ME1 and 2 stood for (and that wasn't much, mind you)..

JaseC

It seems Deep Silver has lost the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? licence as the European version and all of its DLC are no longer available as of yesterday. Edit: This happened last year. The US version and its sole piece of DLC are still up for the time being, but I presume this is just an oversight.

fenners

Spares from the Bundlestars Abstract bundle ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Meltdown -- MB-09C6458C8DB6BDCC - Taken by Dice. 2 entrants total.
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-0320874E85BAC5F1 - Taken by Gallantioh. 5 entrants total.

t1421076346z1.png

JaseC

The European version has been removed for a while, no? Just one single piece of dlc was available.

Actually, yeah, there's a third "Removed store name" item in the history tab dated a couple of months ago. Curse you, relatively low-resolution laptop!

Water

The new "I am not a robot" captchas are pretty sweet though, stop being so roboty!

The captchas are a pain. Valve's own poorly designed, slow and unreliable UI and its severe lack of functionality are why people resort to 3rd party programs for trading. They should fix their own shit before even considering making it harder for folks to use workarounds.

At the very least, there's no point in running a captcha on every single trade between two accounts that trade frequently. It would be just as effective to captcha the first few trades, and then not again for many months. And there's no point in ever running a captcha for a trade where your own side is empty (= gift to you).

Nzyme32

I'm totally lost on this level

Well where that -3- is on the top left - that is your starting point. There can only be two more blues around it that can not all be connected (hence -3-) but also the column that is also housing two hexagons is labeled -2- ie two blue squares can not be together. The answers are there to get you started

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Joining in the Hexcells fun, this level from Hexcells Infinite is already making me cry:

I agree, Infinite is hard-mode.

To get the ball rolling the center column {5} indicates that there is five hexes connected, you already have four connected, so the only possible place a hex can be in that column in one above or below the chain. You can clear out the ones on the bottom of the column.

JaseC

At the very least, there's no point in running a captcha on every single trade between two accounts that trade frequently. It would be just as effective to captcha the first few trades, and then not again for many months. And there's no point in ever running a captcha for a trade where your own side is empty (= gift to you).

Yeah, I think Valve should have taken into account trade history over the preceding 28 days and whitelisted the accounts with which you've traded at least once every seven. Also, ReCaptcha doesn't at all help in cases where an account has been hijacked, so a better idea would have been to implement both Steam Guard and Google Authenticator for the additional confirmation layer -- the former for those without a/who'd rather not fiddle with a smartphone and the latter for those who'd rather not have to check their e-mail.

Parsnip

Boy that XSEED thread. I almost can't believe that someone would suggest using G.I.R.L instead of trap, and do that with an apparent straight face.

Could someone summarize potential PC/Steam stuff from the thread though? Ys 6 and TiTs 2?

Wolfenstein deserves the praise it gets. I thought it was mainly because of the gameplay but turns out there's also a good story here with decent writing and interesting characters.

Barbarian

Here is a perfect game for a lazy Sunday. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Barbarian, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-2A4B1377C588A093 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1421006556z1.png

Wolfenstein deserves the praise it gets. I thought it was mainly because of the gameplay but turns out there's also a good story here with decent writing and interesting characters.

I think it's one of the more overrated games of 2014 based on the number of people that said it was something special prior to my buying and playing it as well as the number of times I saw it pop up when people posted their Steam GOTY votes. That's not to say it's not a solid FPS, but I don't see it as GOTY material at all. The first 3 missions were pretty good overall... especially Mission 2. That might be my favorite part of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom