• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing everything back to full price with 0% discount, even for games old as dirt. I was told that's not what happens after the sale ends.

I feel lied to Steam GAF.

supernatural_confusedbdy5p.gif

now that i see all the old steamgaf regulars... :)

we were always here holding down community side.

Yep and once it grows on you it's hard to go back.

you know what they say about going black dark....
My List

Game 5 (1 point) : Wolf among us
Game 4 (2 points) : Walking Dead Season 2
Game 3 (3 points) : Wolfenstein: The New Order
Game 2 (4 points) : Far Cry 4
Game 1 (5 points) : DA:I

while I agree with you, Dragon Age isn't eligible.

Phinor

Started idling cards again around the time Christmas sales started. Around 50 games and 250 cards later I've yet to see a foil. On the plus side every game I bought on Steam during the sales was funded with card money. That well is running dry now though, only around 15 more games to idle through.

sensoft04

Banned
You send a PM to MRORANGE with your 5 games, if you want to edit your list, just send him another PM stating that what you sent is the updated list you want to go with.
If you do not PM him, your list doesn't go into the tallying.

Thanks a lot..will do it then!

agniswarm

Banned
MY GOTY

Game 5 (1 point) : Sniper Elite III
Game 4 (2 points) : Wolf among us
Game 3 (3 points) : Wolfenstein: The New Order
Game 2 (4 points) : Walking Dead Season 2
Game 1 (5 points) : Far Cry 4

Haha. Yeah it was a misunderstanding on my part. I just looked up my old post and clearly I was asking about a game's daily/flash price, but somehow conflated the answer in my head to apply to outside the sale as well. I don't know, I just didn't think all games were full price all the times (outside of sales) on Steam... kinda like how prices always fluctuate on Amazon or Best Buy and old games are almost never full price.

Anyway, dismiss that as a brain fart on my part :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It occurred to me earlier that Styx is my 2014 GOTY by default as it's the only 2014 game I finished.

Tizoc

It occurred to me earlier that Styx is my 2014 GOTY by default as it's the only 2014 game I finished.

What other 2014 games have you played?
Surely you have Wolf Among us and Walking Dead Season 2, get to finishing those, you can beat them in 2-3 days and before the deadline, go entertain yourself Jase~

JaseC

You wrote Assassins Creed Unity wrong. ;)
Or Ubisoft is in real trouble if they lost you

I put Unity on the backburner until I've moved up from 2GB 670s to 4GB 970s (probably within the next month assuming my work hours remain more or less consistent week-to-week). I'm also toying with the idea of moving up to 16GB RAM as Unity uses up a ton (around 5.5GB), but I'm not keen on the idea of spending ~$100 on something that'll be rendered useless when I upgrade to Broadwell-E/Skylake.

Spyware

Had completely missed the new thread and everything since I've played games instead of lurking around here for two days now :D Feels nice. I've managed to finish 5 Steam games (and even grab all the cheevos in all of them) so far.

I don't know, I just didn't think all games were full price all the times (outside of sales) on Steam... kinda like how prices always fluctuate on Amazon or Best Buy and old games are almost never full price.
Games do drop in price permanently on Steam and other digital stores from time to time, and as people have said there is always at bunch of for sale every day on Steam (weeklong deals + 2 weekend deals or 2 midweek deals + two dailies) :)

JaseC

What other 2014 games have you played?
Surely you have Wolf Among us and Walking Dead Season 2, get to finishing those, you can beat them in 2-3 days and before the deadline, go entertain yourself Jase~

Far Cry 4, South Park, The Talos Principle (which is what I'm currently playing), Watch Dogs, Wolf14... and probably a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. Telltale's stuff doesn't interest me, although I may give Game of Thrones a try once it's a finished product simply because I'm a fan of the source material.

Tizoc

Far Cry 4, South Park, The Talos Principle (which is what I'm currently playing), Watch Dogs, Wolf14... and probably a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

Cool, you can nominate any of those then.
Mind you I got bored of FC4 after 6-7 hours. Elephant stomping was fun but the game was pointlessly big for its own good.

JaseC

Cool, you can nominate any of those then.
Mind you I got bored of FC4 after 6-7 hours. Elephant stomping was fun but the game was pointlessly big for its own good.

Oh, I realise I can; voting only for games I've completed is just a personal rule I have.

JaseC

You don't need 16 GB RAM if you don't edit videos or large images.

I've almost ran out of free RAM while playing Unity. Sure, it's not exactly a poster child for optimisation, but it's one of the few games built from the ground up for current-gen consoles and the PC, so I suspect it won't be alone in due time.

Dat Phoenix Wright vs. Prof. Layton~

Haha, nah. Actually it looks like I didn't play any 2014 games at all! I was thinking of Donkey Kong Country Returns and SEGA 3D Classics, which were 2013 games.

Had completely missed the new thread and everything since I've played games instead of lurking around here for two days now :D Feels nice. I've managed to finish 5 Steam games (and even grab all the cheevos in all of them) so far.

I really need to muster up some discipline and do that. My nephew visited me yesterday and he was ecstatic jumping in and out of games on my PC (he has an old laptop that doesn't run recent games) and he looked at me and said "You have this great hardware and all these games, you really should play. It's a shame." And I totally agree, but I've been away from gaming for a while and there's some built-up resistance that I'm trying to overcome. Also became hopelessly addicted to the Steam threads... can't seem to part from them for long enough to do anything :p

I fired up Dear Esther a little while ago, a game that I've wanted to try since it got released almost 3 years ago, and I'm ready to be sucked in. See you guys in... 30 minutes?
If I can hold that long :(

Chariot

Well it's not like the mods would be OK with a thread where someone criticizes eroge and such occurrences in Japanese media.

While as usual he's exaggerating some of the stuff written and posted about that game even in here came off as a tad too creepy for my tastes too.
The thing is, that he is wrong. We can talk about how the sex is setup and why in the world somebody would have sex with his pets, even consensual. But he is talking about rape (since he is talking about forcing Chocola to something), which is not true, and pretty clear if you even played a bit from the game.
He just took a picture and assumed something for himself. Plus, he posted into the thread about the steam version, that does not even include that scene, derailing the thread, while people maybe want to talk about the game.
Is it really derailing when you bump a thread after nearly two months?
Ah, didn't look at the date. But that is even worse. He somehow managed to derail a resting train.

I've almost ran out of free RAM while playing Unity. Sure, it's not exactly a poster child for optimisation, but it's one of the few games built from the ground up for current-gen consoles and the PC, so I suspect it won't be alone in due time.
Win8 only uses less than 30% of that 8GB with only some background processes running. Are you saying Unity was using up your RAM? Do you happen to have a browser with 50 tabs opened?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, what do you guys think of this build?

i5 4690k
GTX 970
8 GB Ram

almost the same as mine, but I have 16gb ram (and 2 x 970 but thats overkill)

in hindsight I would have gotten a i7, but everyone was saying "oh you dont need i7s for game" >_>

to be fair tho, that i5 is pretty much top of the line for games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom