• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Also I'm really jealous of anybody living in the US right now. I could get a GTX 970/i7490k/16GB ram build easily with my budget if I lived there, but here in Europe it's going to cost quite a bit much more.

Tell me about it. I've been eying some GTX970 cards as well, and made the mistake of looking newegg first, you know, just to check what kind of variants are available.
The basic gigabyte is $340, and €369 (about $442) over here.

Could import, probably. Haven't really explored my options there.
But then the shipping hikes up and if I need to RMA for any reason, that's going to be a bigger hassle.

yuraya

Probably already known but just a heads up. You can get Mass Effect 3 (Origin) for $4.99 on GMG. It may be NA only tho, not sure.

I still feel bad for save scumming my way around character deaths in The Banner Saga. Definitely going to go with the flow in the sequel.

madjoki

Tell me about it. I've been eying some GTX970 cards as well, and made the mistake of looking newegg first, you know, just to check what kind of variants are available.
The basic gigabyte is $340, and €369 (about $442) over here.

Could import, probably. Haven't really explored my options there.
But then the shipping hikes up and if I need to RMA for any reason, that's going to be a bigger hassle.

Unfortunately, dollar is pretty strong atm and taxes (VAT) would bring it to about the same, even without shipping.

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-B5433B768C0502D9 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 2 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-57EC0D619E9A2469 - Taken by Kuroyume. 45 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-454DA7FFF1CADB94

t1420314589z1.png

Pachimari

Steam > Settings > In-Game > Show in-game frames/sec (FPS)

Kinda bizare it's not toggleable while in-game.

But I already checked that out, and there's no such option.

So this is how my Wolfenstein: The New Order looks on Ultra, but there's a lot of aliasing. Is this the best it can look?

OYRpU7K.jpg

xezuru

I would be appreciating these features alot more, if Steam didn't open up 9000 instances of SteamWebHelper even when I'm not using or opening anything past SteamFriends messaging.

Deques

From Gamersgate with love
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sniper Elite V2 -- MB-0FF9F0B91F281C68 - Taken by Sch1sm. 6 entrants total.

t1420315430z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I can reveal that Dark Souls 2, Shovel
knight, Crimson Clover and two more mystery games made it to my steam Goty entry

Zafir

did anyone buy the dimmdrive thing?
I had a look at it and concluded it was only worth it if you have alot of excess RAM. (16gb or 32gb +) It seems like it would only be worth it if you play a lot of a game rather than play a little of a lot of games too.

It would be pointless for me with 8 and even if I had more, my mood changes so often that I'm always playing something different.

Reminds me of my grandmother. "I was put into this world to see beautiful things alone"

Although she still watches trashy telenovelas, lol.

Spyware

I really need to muster up some discipline and do that. My nephew visited me yesterday and he was ecstatic jumping in and out of games on my PC (he has an old laptop that doesn't run recent games) and he looked at me and said "You have this great hardware and all these games, you really should play. It's a shame." And I totally agree, but I've been away from gaming for a while and there's some built-up resistance that I'm trying to overcome. Also became hopelessly addicted to the Steam threads... can't seem to part from them for long enough to do anything :p

I fired up Dear Esther a little while ago, a game that I've wanted to try since it got released almost 3 years ago, and I'm ready to be sucked in. See you guys in... 30 minutes?
If I can hold that long :(
Yeah I dunno why it's so hard to play games sometimes. Today I'm not in the mood at all it seems. :S
I'm here often but rarely post since I feel I have nothing to say :p
I really didn't like Dear Esther much btw. It's pretty but it's not that much prettier in game than screenshots. The story bits were a bit interesting but it couldn't hold my attention. Felt like I had to drag myself through it.

Yeah I dunno why it's so hard to play games sometimes. Today I'm not in the mood at all it seems. :S
I'm here often but rarely post since I feel I have nothing to say :p
I really didn't like Dear Esther much btw. It's pretty but it's not that much prettier in game than screenshots. The story bits were a bit interesting but it couldn't hold my attention. Felt like I had to drag myself through it.

I was really enjoying Dear Esther just now but then my sound shit the bed. I've been having issues with my audio receiver lately (using optical from mb, doesn't accept hdmi), so I switched to HDMI audio from the GPU to the monitor and now that is crapping out too (I get a lot of distortion and sometimes the sound just goes away)... Started the troubleshooting:

Tried second monitor
Tried different cable
Disabled onboard audio and MS driver enhancements (the only suggestions I could find via google search)

Trying to figure out what's causing the issue. I hope it's not the card! ugh I really don't want to send it back.

I swear all I've been doing since upgrading my PC is troubleshooting and fixing things. I did not sign up for this :(

Okay I was mostly checked out on a lot of stuff that happened the last month but there is a new trade restriction on games right? So if I wanted to get South Park for a friend, the ol' dispenser.tf is pretty much dead right?

MUnited83

For you.
This is the thing with PC building: you have a build in mind, for a certain price. Then you get a better CPU for just a little more. And then more RAM. Maybe even a SSD, why not, and etc etc. And then you realize the costs added up :p

jmizzal

First time looking at Life is Strange trailer cool, didnt know it was a game like that thought it was a big full price game, will buy

Water

New thread, new giveaway. This time it's strategy games from past bundles.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Water, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-493C34F4A6D8C28A - Taken by Jables Swan. 9 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-C79F7DF2F5BC57E6 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 3 entrants total.

t1420316576z1.png

This is the thing with PC building: you have a build in mind, for a certain price. Then you get a better CPU for just a little more. And then more RAM. Maybe even a SSD, why not, and etc etc. And then you realize the costs added up :p

Whatever, man. Just blow your load. You'll regret not going a little bit better every time you power it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom