• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville -- MB-9573D423A9D8FC61 - Taken by Loptous. 8 entrants total.
Richard & Alice -- MB-A581822591E1B62F - Taken by Chreznor. 6 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-7AA36604A01926A6 - Taken by Kiru. 45 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-54415AE756A578AD - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-8E7403C2DC7B5CCA - Taken by Feel_The_Pain. 7 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-BD644C45ACF08A3C - Taken by HBP. 1 entrants total.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition -- MB-3ED2AFD831CD4CDF - Taken by suppadoopa. 60 entrants total.
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-B67AE633948ABE0B - Taken by TheTrain. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-F9C5A41B8C56E39D - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-C1AF27A8B00876B7 - Taken by drakaenae. 45 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-9EE65B6D1E46468A - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-3DF38F314378FED3 - Taken by xxracerxx. 22 entrants total.

t1421097100z1.png

rickyson1

so I bought an indiegala bundle and it told me that my steam linking expired and to undo and redo it when I went to redeem but whenever I click on the link to link it I keep getting this error message now on the steam page

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

Invalid client_id

Ozium

dressing up animals is mean imo... does the dog want to be dressed up? doubtful..

you ever try to dress up a cat? they ain't havin it.

they have dignity.

Chariot

yeah... "dog lovers" are odd people who show love by taking an animal from nature, domesticating it to be a tool for humanity, and then dressing it up in shameful outfits for their own amusement.... really strange IMO
Dogs are not wild animals anymore for thousands of years. It's not like anyone stole a wolf out of a national park.

see what I mean? if you were to do this with a child of similar intellect, you would be accused of child abuse.

:/
...no? Parents put children into silly clothes all the time.

titch

so I bought an indiegala bundle and it told me that my steam linking expired and to undo and redo it when I went to redeem but whenever I click on the link to link it I keep getting this error message now on the steam page

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

Invalid client_id

Can you not go to the indiegala bundle page
Login to your account, go to my profile and it will be there under your bundles

Ozium

Dogs are not wild animals anymore for thousands of years. It's not like anyone stole a wolf out of a national park.

...no? Parents put children into silly clothes all the time.

dogs were wild animals. until human enslaved them for their own means.
this is a fact.

I played through the prologue/tutorial battle of Valkyria Chronicles. I'm liking it and I know it'll get more involved as it continues. I like the watercolor painting style of the graphics. The one thing I did from the start like I always do is switch the audio to Japanese. I prefer to play a game in the language it was made for (if possible). I did the same for Remember Me (French) when I completed it on X360 and preferred it over the English.

Chariot

dogs were wild animals. until human enslaved them for their own means.
this is a fact.
Yes, but they didn't domicile them for putting them into silly clothes. That happened way after it was already done. I don't see any problem with simple jokes like the one in the gif.

Ozium

anyways.. I am nearing the end of Mean Streets, the first Tex Murphy game... It's really really old (no mouse support, text-entry fields) but it's also really really good.. This is the first Tex Murphy game I played and it feels much more like you are doing detective work than other games in the adventure genre....

I have a little notebook that I use to right down the names of people to interview, things to ask about and people's NAV codes... it's nothing to difficult, except when you have to search a room and make sure you found everthing.

The 2 sequences that are the worst are flying to new locations (though, this is easily done using nav codes and auto-pilot, there's no way to skip however so browse gaf while travelling or play bayonetta 2 on the gamepad like I did..)

The real worst part of the game though are the shooting/action sequences. They are very tedious and not very fun, overall a good game though, I recommend it to adventure fans who are patient with old school designs

Miguel81

anyways.. I am nearing the end of Mean Streets, the first Tex Murphy game... It's really really old (no mouse support, text-entry fields) but it's also really really good.. This is the first Tex Murphy game I played and it feels much more like you are doing detective work than other games in the adventure genre....

I have a little notebook that I use to right down the names of people to interview, things to ask about and people's NAV codes... it's nothing to difficult, except when you have to search a room and make sure you found everthing.

The 2 sequences that are the worst are flying to new locations (though, this is easily done using nav codes and auto-pilot, there's no way to skip however so browse gaf while travelling or play bayonetta 2 on the gamepad like I did..)

The real worst part of the game though are the shooting/action sequences. They are very tedious and not very fun, overall a good game though, I recommend it to adventure fans who are patient with old school designs

I wasn't very patient for the game ~'92, and don't remember how far I got exactly. The flying sequences were a chore, but I love the idea of Tex Murphy and looking forward to playing through Tesla Effect(liked the demo).

rickyson1

Can you not go to the indiegala bundle page
Login to your account, go to my profile and it will be there under your bundles

I am on my profile

it told me the connection to my account expired when I went to redeem games this time and now I need to connect it again but I get that error message whenever I click on any of the to redeem your game connect to steam links

Ozium

I wasn't very patient for the game ~'92, and don't remember how far I got exactly. The flying sequences were a chore, but I love the idea of Tex Murphy and looking forward to playing through The Tesla Effect(liked the demo)

the flying sequences are pretty OK if you just put in the nav code and hit A for autopilot.. I dont know anyone in their right mind who would manually fly that thing... I'm sure they exist tho....

Lomax

I am on my profile

it told me the connection to my account expired when I went to redeem games this time and now I need to connect it again but I get that error message whenever I click on any of the to redeem your game connect to steam links

It's broken currently for everyone. IndieGala gonna IndieGala. Read the last two pages of this thread for the best guess as to why.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am on my profile

Everybody is experiencing the same issue at the moment. I think Valve's already killed off OAuth (the "Click to redeem" system) and IG will need to supply users with the actual keys.

titch

I am on my profile

never mind - if its fubared for everyone no point sorry m8

Turfster

"Hey, why don't I try playing some Blacklist... oh, a 1 gig update."
Ubi, pls.

"One or more update was found and downloaded!"
Really? Really?

Wait this update is from august 2013.
Didn't I already have this one?

Everybody is experiencing the same issue at the moment. I think Valve's already killed off OAuth (the "Click to redeem" system) and IG will need to supply users with the actual keys.

Correct...Even Humble made an announcement about this today

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/107906804069/changes-in-steam-key-redemption

"A little over a year ago, we launched OAuth Steam key redemption, creating one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle. However, Steam is removing support for OAuth, so we’ll be returning to the system we used before, which requires you to manually redeem your Steam keys.

Starting today, go to your Steam desktop client and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" feature to redeem your keys."

titch

Must have just happened as i redeemed my codes from the site just before 8pm UK time.

Phawx

USB Type C is going to be the shit. It can carry 4k60 displayport simultaneously while still having 10Gbps of USB data bandwidth AND delivers 100 Watts of power bi-directional.

So less wires for a desktop scenario and when Android phones start using type-C, you can just jack directly into a TV and charge your device while still feeding AV to the TV.

Huge.

rtcn63

I'm still waiting for Intel/Asrock to drop drivers that keep my USB 3.0 externals from disconnecting sporadically when idle or during sustained transfer of large files. (I've turned off usb sleep in the power settings, device manager, etc. Still happens now and then.)

USB Type C is going to be the shit. It can carry 4k60 displayport simultaneously while still having 10Gbps of USB data bandwidth AND delivers 100 Watts of power bi-directional.

So less wires for a desktop scenario and when Android phones start using type-C, you can just jack directly into a TV and charge your device while still feeding AV to the TV.

Huge.
Video signals are going to be send via USB in the near future? Won't that cause problems with all TVs that use HDMI?

Purkake4

Banned

"A little over a year ago, we launched OAuth Steam key redemption, creating one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle. However, Steam is removing support for OAuth, so we’ll be returning to the system we used before, which requires you to manually redeem your Steam keys.

Starting today, go to your Steam desktop client and use the "Activate a Product on Steam" feature to redeem your keys."
Meh, the manual way is easier anyway and works more reliably.

madjoki

Seems like Humble Bundle still works, so maybe it's just Indie Gala messing up something.

Turfster

It was totally worth waiting for that game to hit the price point I wanted on Steam rather than breaking for a Uplay copy.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself over it too.
On the other hand, I don't think it's dropped to 2.5€ on Steam yet...
which is about what I want to pay for most Ubi games.
(Well, maybe 5€, but not for everything)

This is also the reason I hardly buy Ubi games any more, despite them being cookie cutter AAAs in general.
You guys can sing the praises of Wash_doges or AC4 all you want, until they're <5€, I'm not spending any money on them.

Tizoc

Last chance!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg
header.jpg

header.jpg
header.jpg

May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville -- MB-9573D423A9D8FC61 - Taken by Loptous. 8 entrants total.
Richard & Alice -- MB-A581822591E1B62F - Taken by Chreznor. 6 entrants total.
Ys Origin -- MB-7AA36604A01926A6 - Taken by Kiru. 45 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-54415AE756A578AD - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-8E7403C2DC7B5CCA - Taken by Feel_The_Pain. 7 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-BD644C45ACF08A3C - Taken by HBP. 1 entrants total.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition -- MB-3ED2AFD831CD4CDF - Taken by suppadoopa. 60 entrants total.
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-B67AE633948ABE0B - Taken by TheTrain. 5 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-F9C5A41B8C56E39D - Taken by Sendou. 3 entrants total.
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-C1AF27A8B00876B7 - Taken by drakaenae. 45 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-9EE65B6D1E46468A - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-3DF38F314378FED3 - Taken by xxracerxx. 22 entrants total.

t1421097100z1.png

Miguel81

the flying sequences are pretty OK if you just put in the nav code and hit A for autopilot.. I dont know anyone in their right mind who would manually fly that thing... I'm sure they exist tho....

At 11, I wasn't in my right mind at all(too much NES/SNES). Luckily, adventure games became more of a breeze after countless Sierra and LucasArts titles. Mean Streets might be a better play now that I have some patience, and a dose of nostalgia always helps.

"Hey, why don't I try playing some Blacklist... oh, a 1 gig update."
Ubi, pls.

"One or more update was found and downloaded!"
Really? Really?

Wait this update is from august 2013.
Didn't I already have this one?

Those consecutive updates were torture after I installed Blacklist. That's what I get for picking up Uplay keys on sale.

autoduelist

Part of the fun of LLTQ is dying, and most of the achievements are for finding the different deaths. "Beating" it isn't really all that hard once you figure out a few things, but beating it in different ways could be. But if you don't enjoy the death process, you won't enjoy the game.

Oh, I wasn't really talking about 'dying' in a generic sense. I have no issue with dying in games. I just took issue with one person claiming a death in game X was unfair, and then another person basically saying that's true of any game, that you need to play/learn etc.

While it is true that you need to learn each and every game to avoid death, that does not mean some games don't have patently unfair/random systems. I don't know where LLTQ falls on that scale; I have it wishlisted thanks to this thread but don't own it. Dark Souls is not 'unfair', if anything, it's the definition of fair. Cold hearted and brutal, sure, but that's a different thing.

"A little over a year ago, we launched OAuth Steam key redemption, creating one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle. However, Steam is removing support for OAuth, so we&#8217;ll be returning to the system we used before, which requires you to manually redeem your Steam keys.

God fucking dammit. At least make it possible to redeem multiple keys at once. Or at least make it possible to redeem keys on the web browser.

I hope you don't mind if I am going maybe a little off-topic, I just want to say thank you to freshVeggie, who has been very nice to me and gifted me some games as a birthday present.

You're awesome man ;) and more in general SteamGAF is a nice community with nice fellows.

It's broken currently for everyone. IndieGala gonna IndieGala. Read the last two pages of this thread for the best guess as to why.

In fact I have been trying to redeem Memories of a vagabond and now I see that there was something going wrong with it.

Lomax

Oh, I wasn't really talking about 'dying' in a generic sense. I have no issue with dying in games. I just took issue with one person claiming a death in game X was unfair, and then another person basically saying that's true of any game, that you need to play/learn etc.

While it is true that you need to learn each and every game to avoid death, that does not mean some games don't have patently unfair/random systems. I don't know where LLTQ falls on that scale; I have it wishlisted thanks to this thread but don't own it. Dark Souls is not 'unfair', if anything, it's the definition of fair. Cold hearted and brutal, sure, but that's a different thing.

Personally I found Dark Souls tedious but never thought of it as unfair. But my tolerance for clearing trash before retrying bosses was destroyed years ago by MMOs. I guess you could call LLTQ "unfair" in some of the ways it kills you, but personally I just see getting killed as a valid ending and thus still enjoyable. But I'm sure trying to find all the endings without walkthroughs would also end up being tedious, and is probably why I've never done it.

Why the hell would Valve get rid of OAuth?

Most popular theory is that it requires effort on their part.

Hopefully it means web based key submission.

if Sony, who has shown time and time again that they're web incompetent, can allow for web based key submissions then you know Valve is really fucking behind with this shit. It sucks to work all day and then have to wait to get home to start downloading a game when i could've been downloading it the whole time, like i do with my PS4 stuff.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Star Ruler -- MB-539AF38EFB40689B - Taken by billmcdougal. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time - Limited Edition -- MB-7A8AB7463FAE3780 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 10 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-34CA96563B2A379D - Taken by Nyteshade517. 6 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-6F67DFDC0E3B1305 - Taken by NihonTiger90. 3 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-76D96E588018D3CF
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-2E1B5EAF4364E710
Year Walk -- MB-9E9DF42FF0BB80F5 - Taken by famfrit. 8 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-8FE8F7F52906E3A1 - Taken by autoduelist. 13 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-7146CE8FDF242816 - Taken by HBP. 2 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-8F766337B3D3F055 - Taken by Poetic.Injustice. 1 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-1714F165BE56E869 - Taken by Megauap. 3 entrants total.

t1421108092z1.png

Jawmuncher

if Sony, who has show time and time again that they're web incompetent, can allow for web based key submissions then you know Valve is really fucking behind with this shit. It sucks to work all day and then have to wait to get home to start downloading a game when i could've been downloading it the whole time, like i do with my PS4 stuff.

They want people to buy from their ios app only I guess.
Since you can remote download from that. Dunno if the Android even has that but it's sad regardless that is the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom