• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing the GG tag is because Brad Wardell of Stardock has come out vocally pro-Gamergate

Gamersgate.com has their own proprietary system, they don't just sell Steam keys and non-DRM copies.

I have one or two games that use their service.

So I spent most of Sunday "breaking in" my new superpowered gaming desktop with some Wolfenstein TLO, Divinity:OS, and Warframe. Man, this was one hell of an upgrade. Jaw-dropping all around.

But there's this little voice in the back of my ear going "You should get Elite:Dangerous"

That's a dumb voice that I shouldn't listen to, right?

Let me quote my friend Megasoum

So I'm watching a guy play Elite Dangerous on Twitch right now and he's using a voice command software that handle all the ship's navigation systems and answers back with R2-D2 noises. The robot also handles his radio (aka MP3 playlist). He went as far as adding a radio tuning sound effect that plays everytime he asks it to change the "station" to a new song. He has a shit ton of commands and answers setup from the tool. It really feels like he has a full fledged EDI/R2-D2 style AI copilot.

This is the coolest shit I have ever seen.

If I had the money for a HOTAS and a Rift and a nice rig you guys would never see me again.

Monooboe

Speaking of Twin Peaks, I never really got into Deadly Premonitions, should I give it a genuine go? I'm kind of interesting the open world aspect of it but not so much the having limited time to do things.

Jawmuncher

Turfster

I can't find it, can you give a link?

http://www.wingamestore.com/search/?use64=1&sword=dWJpc29mdA==

So I spent most of Sunday "breaking in" my new superpowered gaming desktop with some Wolfenstein TLO, Divinity:OS, and Warframe. Man, this was one hell of an upgrade. Jaw-dropping all around.

But there's this little voice in the back of my ear going "You should get Elite:Dangerous"

That's a dumb voice that I shouldn't listen to, right?

Did the same. Well, the breaking in a new videocard part.
FurCry4 is the only "shiny" new game I really have, the rest was mostly "okay this looks slightly better, but not all that much"
I have to say the Batman PhysX stuff is crazy, though.

Detruire

Neo Member
Account linking and redemption is now gone on IndieGala and all bundles just give you keys now.

I'm shocked at how quickly IG took action. While it's disappointing that they didn't keep the "redeemed to X" text for the games that have already been redeemed, at least they didn't take days to fix the problem.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Speaking of Twin Peaks, I never really got into Deadly Premonitions, should I give it a genuine go? I'm kind of interesting the open world aspect of it but not so much the having limited time to do things.

yes ... absolutely!! :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I see I didnt win KOF 98
llama_emoji_08__drinking_tea__by_jerikuto-d6u6n9r.gif

I'll be keeping my eyes open if a new giveaway for it happens.
llama_emoji_11__left_and_right__by_jerikuto-d6uf000.gif

llama_emoji_66__orly___v3__by_jerikuto-d6xaf9g.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
1) Just want to be clear I'm totally for the gamergate tag.

2) I feel really bad for GamersGate.com, whose brand has been pretty tarnished by this shit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Apparently modbot now has a tag warning people about games that are in some way affiliated with gamergate. Since all the other modbot tags warn people about alternative DRM, there was confusion.
There is also a poop tag.

You redeem it directly to the toilet.

Patison

It's really amazing game. I wasn't convinced at first and even put the game back on shelf after playing 360 version for about hour, but when I started again when PC ver released I was hooked. Story is really gripping and characters are so good that I almost cried when I finally had to finish the game and say goodbye to them. Don't worry about timed missions - if you won't make it in time, you can just try on next in-game day.

Here's very helpful guide that will help you go through rough beginning and actually give you some useful tips: http://planetredwood.webs.com/beginnersmanual.htm

Just bear in mind that PC version is REALLY buggy, at least it was for me. When it works, it works great and but when it stops you maybe won't even be able to run it. Just look for some troubleshooting on steam forums and you probably will be fine.

All in all it's outstanding game and my personal GOAT, so at least give it a try and don't be off-put by first hour. Deadly Premonition is worth it!

Dr Dogg

It's quite depressing when you realise you own pretty much every UbiSoft game on Steam, what can I say I like their spin on 'game design'.

Speaking of which I was having a faff about with Watch Dogs at the weekend and it's the first time in a while I've played it connected online. So obviously the first think that happens is that I get hacked and someone trying to install a backdrop on me. Of course this isn't my first rodeo so I quickly craft a Jam Comms to stop the progress bar and my would be hacker freaked out and burst out of their hiding spot, into a near by car and sped off. Sadly I didn't catch them and they must high gone offline as when I went to try to hack them back they didn't show up.

Anywho may as well take out revenge on some complete innocent person right? So same thing again only this time I'm the hacker on some unsuspecting fool. Now I know the prompt only comes up that you're being hacked is when you press the dpad down to initiate it but you can scout your target, profile them and then hide before they know you there. So I find my guy right by a freeway bridge underneath. No idea what he's doing down there but there is a story mission in this area so could be that. So I park my car above him, get out and hide behind a road main tence sign and hack the security camera to get a view bellow. From the camera I then hack my target and initiate the backdoor and proceed to watch him run around like a headless chicken trying to find who's grieving his game. At about 70 odd % he comes up to the bridge and sees my car but after a quick glance ignores it due to me being hid else where and returns downstairs. By about 75% my location circle on his and my screen is tiny enough to narrow it down to 2 obvious spots so I creepy into my car and press the hide button. By 95% he comes upstairs again and starts coming towards my car which I'm now slumped in the drivers seat not very well hidden but by the time he gets over to me 100% ticks by and contract complete for yours truly.

It has it's moments with some of the online stuff. Race and CtOS tablet modes are different but pretty much dead and I've not looked at the 4 v 4 PVP modes but Intrusion and Tailing (the missions I described) are kind of like a spin on hide and seek that can get a little bit Gung Ho at times. Be intrest to see what Watch Doggies 2 brings to the table.

titch

Hope someone wants it!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wasteland Angel -- MB-784F6E1D9D8CD70D - Taken by neotokyo360. 5 entrants total.

t1421116423z1.png

Quick question. After wrapping up Inquisition, I thought it was time to make a start on Telltale's Tales from the Bordlerlands and Game of Thrones. Neither of them work now that I've set them to full screen with my TV's resolution. I know they work fullscreen with a smaller resolution or windowed, but when I start them up now all I get is a black screen. I've tried redownloading them and verifying the game cache, but nothing. Is there a way to put their settings back to default?

Dr Dogg

I'm redownloading AC: Unity for Dead Kings tomorrow. So hypeeee!

It's out tomorrow? Fuck, I'm only at Sequence 5ish. Time to put Ryse on the back burner and pull my finger out. Doesn't help that I'm getting side tracked with the Paris Stories, Murder Mysteries and Nostrodamus Enigma's. I know Unity got some stick for it's story but those three side activities really flesh out game world and give some nifty bonuses like shortcuts and extra gear.

Jawmuncher

Quick question. After wrapping up Inquisition, I thought it was time to make a start on Telltale's Tales from the Bordlerlands and Game of Thrones. Neither of them work now that I've set them to full screen with my TV's resolution. I know they work fullscreen with a smaller resolution or windowed, but when I start them up now all I get is a black screen. I've tried redownloading them and verifying the game cache, but nothing. Is there a way to put their settings back to default?
What resolution did you set them at?
are you in home streaming or do you actually have a comfy couch set up?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

9th Company Roots Of Terror -- MB-C68DF88BF157A4FC - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Larva Mortus -- MB-91D22C77407CE7E1 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-EA26B74D5894BEC6 - Taken by HBP. 2 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-43D51D624C1D194F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-AD9E4CE2A6D5D7E8 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-9282446FAF70AD9E - Taken by roadrunn3r. 5 entrants total.
Cloning Clyde -- MB-C0A944975E9FDF7E - Taken by abracadaver. 5 entrants total.
Towers of Altrac Epic Defense Battles -- MB-787F91CE55BB4B63 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
1Quest -- MB-2BC73C94FD4A75AF - Taken by ExoSoul. 11 entrants total.
0RBITALIS -- MB-F78B4A3F1594DE8E - Taken by Vlad. 8 entrants total.
KNIGHTSHIFT -- MB-F986768A7A343C14 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hunters Of The Dead -- MB-11BC50D8049E7E2D - Taken by darkchewie. 9 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-E2D71F56814AE50A - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Theatre Of The Absurd -- MB-1F0C45AADF1E37AA - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
The Desolate Hope -- MB-32266CE1DFCE69F7 - Taken by gaiadyne. 8 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars -- MB-D099A36B1BDD9077
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Richard & Alice -- MB-09E93A808C16B5C9 - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-A922D9C70716AC8C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-8784A0B64E2C4020 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 3 entrants total.

Platypus -- MB-1595B182781F16C8 - Taken by rrvv. 6 entrants total.
Biglands -- MB-6492993DCAA36DBF - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-67D419827BEA21C4 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
ELVEN LEGACY -- MB-43FAE755A4CF069B - Taken by TheTrain. 2 entrants total.
Call of Cthulhu The Wasted Land -- MB-CE8B943927CD056B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.

dUpLicity Beyond the Lies -- MB-A4E72E64C5210E6D - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-A960E1AFCCBCE008 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F
Lunar Pack Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-FA3F66BBB0FA66EB - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-953D954B8CB50190 - Taken by famfrit. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Larva Mortus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Space Hack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for KNIGHTSHIFT was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ionball 2 Ionstorm was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Shadows Price For Our Sins was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Culling of the Cows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Metal Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Platypus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ELVEN LEGACY was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Nuclear Dawn was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1421109883z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Quest for Infamy -- MB-CFE5E003F8DD608C - Taken by Dice
Rift's Cave -- MB-E62FF2F238F7E907 - Taken by Bayonetta
Mission Control: NanoMech -- MB-684C0453607E1681 - Taken by Lomax
1Quest -- MB-06A6265CF6F7315D - Taken by Sendou

Jawmuncher

1768 x 992. Which isn't perfect, but it's ... closest. An even an option they offered. Just have a HDMI cord from the computer to the TV, and yeah, pretty comfy couch.

That's odd then since it's not like it's something above 1920x1080.
TT stuff is saved in My Documents. So maybe deleting that since you haven't started my let you try again.
Since verifying just checks to see that everything is there and wouldn't reset something like a resolution I don't think.

Does anyone want the one month of Twitch Turbo thing from the last HB? I have no idea if its of any use to anyone but I know wont be using it. :p

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
gamersgate.com is not #gamergate.

I know. Gamersgate is its own platform hence post. Stump should have modbot generate a legend for that GG tag, or any tag really, to avoid confusion. Especially since Modbot is sometimes used for giveaways outside the main Steam OTs.

That's odd then since it's not like it's something above 1920x1080.
TT stuff is saved in My Documents. So maybe deleting that since you haven't started my let you try again.
Since verifying just checks to see that everything is there and wouldn't reset something like a resolution I don't think.

Success! Wiped the folders and now we're good. Thanks a lot.

Lomax

I know. Gamersgate is its own platform hence post. Stump should have modbot generate a legend for that GG tag, or any tag really, to avoid confusion. Especially since Modbot is sometimes used for giveaways outside the main Steam OTs.

I find it surprising that Stump included such an editorial addition to Modbot. I understand the poop tag and its purpose, and even that seemed largely done with humor. But my impression with the whole hashtag thing was the general opinion now was to not give it more attention in hopes it will die, not to use it as some sort of scarlet letter.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does Valve take down streams of people playing Mario 64 or whatever?

It's Gaben's favorite game, so they'd probably let Mario 64 slide.

batbeg

So uh I've been playing Trails in the Sky and having a good time. I for some reason only recently realized I could connect my laptop to my television. Anyway, just as big picture mode does with Ys Oath in Felghana it tells me it only supports keyboard but my controller (Wii U Pro via mayflash adapter and xinput) works fine. Until today. My controller still works fine on big picture mode, still works fine in Ys, just doesn't register on TiTS anymore. I had changed the resolution to match my televisions as I'd had it wrong for my first 16 hours, but even when I restored default settings and restarting my laptop I'm still getting absolutely no input in the game.

Does anyone have any idea what's up?

Are they even searching the streams that much?
I can't think of them really even bothering to check anything that isn't at the top of the views list.

And the top of the views list isn't that big a deal anyway. Right now the top broadcaster has 11 viewers. Only two dozen broadcasters have two viewers or more. If someone at Valve was actively moderating broadcasts to that extent, I'd say they had way too much time on their hands.

Turfster

Man, those 4th Echelon missions in Blacklist are awful.
"SOLO/COOP" Yeah, sure, all the easy paths are COOP only, and when doing it solo, you have to go the long way round =p

Jawmuncher

Man, those 4th Echelon missions in Blacklist are awful.
"SOLO/COOP" Yeah, sure, all the easy paths are COOP only, and when doing it solo, you have to go the long way round =p

Dont Do This. PLEASE.
Just play the wonderful SP and then go back to the solo/coop stuff.
You never even have to touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom