• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
I've been truly blessed by the Modbot today, I must give back

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-B7813DF8634337BA - Taken by chronomac. 9 entrants total.

t1421108502z1.png

Haunted

That feeling when you see a game that you just got from somewhere and downloaded/installed it but haven't played it yet in a modbot giveaway... and it has the little poop icon next to it.

;_;

Arthea

I'm like really annoyed now... when steam got rid of watch badge from a card page link and why would they do such a horrible thing?

They want people to buy from their ios app only I guess.
Since you can remote download from that. Dunno if the Android even has that but it's sad regardless that is the only way.

You can do this in your web browser. At least I can.

What sucks is when I have 5 keys from a bundle and I have to find the best way to get them ON my gaming PC and then 1 by 1 sit through the Steam client freezing as it redeems them 1 by 1.

OAuth was the closest thing to web redemption we had. This is giant fucking step back unless Valve starts allowing browser key redemption.

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF since Winter sale few friends from another local forum and i are playing NFS Hot Pursuit and we are having so much fun :D Lobby is always full and game is really amazing for 30 minutes to 1 hour fun every night or every couple of days. Best spent money in recent future. Can't wait to see that new crazy Criterion game :D

Tizoc

...and the results
suppadoopa claimed your The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition key. There were 60 entrants.
Kiru claimed your Ys Origin key. There were 45 entrants.
drakaenae claimed your Ys: The Oath in Felghana key. There were 45 entrants.
Da anime thirst is real :V

I, for one, am happy to see the linked account system go. As someone that regularly redeems games to my dupe account, or gives them away, the gift system is a whole dumb and unnecessary process. Sure, the one-click redeem was convenient, but only when you were redeeming that game to your account. From the start I've thought it was dumb and pointless, so I won't miss it one bit.

I do hope they keep the unredeemed keys list though. Makes it much easier to keep track of what keys I have or haven't looked at.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for The_Super_Inframan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

9th Company Roots Of Terror -- MB-C68DF88BF157A4FC - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Larva Mortus -- MB-91D22C77407CE7E1 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-EA26B74D5894BEC6 - Taken by HBP. 2 entrants total.
Blast Em! -- MB-43D51D624C1D194F - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
The Maker's Eden -- MB-AD9E4CE2A6D5D7E8 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Quest for Infamy -- MB-9282446FAF70AD9E - Taken by roadrunn3r. 5 entrants total.
Cloning Clyde -- MB-C0A944975E9FDF7E - Taken by abracadaver. 5 entrants total.
Towers of Altrac Epic Defense Battles -- MB-787F91CE55BB4B63 - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total.
1Quest -- MB-2BC73C94FD4A75AF - Taken by ExoSoul. 11 entrants total.
0RBITALIS -- MB-F78B4A3F1594DE8E - Taken by Vlad. 8 entrants total.
KNIGHTSHIFT -- MB-F986768A7A343C14 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Hunters Of The Dead -- MB-11BC50D8049E7E2D - Taken by darkchewie. 9 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B
xheRJRF.gif
Montague's Mount -- MB-E2D71F56814AE50A - Taken by Kurt Russell. 4 entrants total.
Ionball 2 Ionstorm -- MB-0C3853AA973EE9AD - Taken by Conrad Link. 4 entrants total.
Theatre Of The Absurd -- MB-1F0C45AADF1E37AA - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
The Desolate Hope -- MB-32266CE1DFCE69F7 - Taken by gaiadyne. 8 entrants total.
Dawn of Fantasy Kingdom Wars -- MB-D099A36B1BDD9077
Shadows Price For Our Sins -- MB-400EBBE4B1E53E9B - Taken by skullmuffins. 5 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Richard & Alice -- MB-09E93A808C16B5C9 - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-2C213F894DA8EAEA - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-A922D9C70716AC8C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-8784A0B64E2C4020 - Taken by ScreamingTrees. 3 entrants total.
Platypus -- MB-1595B182781F16C8 - Taken by rrvv. 6 entrants total.
Biglands -- MB-6492993DCAA36DBF - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-67D419827BEA21C4 - Taken by agniswarm. 2 entrants total.
ELVEN LEGACY -- MB-43FAE755A4CF069B - Taken by TheTrain. 2 entrants total.
Call of Cthulhu The Wasted Land -- MB-CE8B943927CD056B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
dUpLicity Beyond the Lies -- MB-A4E72E64C5210E6D - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-A960E1AFCCBCE008 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Doorways Chapters 1 & 2 -- MB-1E782235A9038C5F

Lunar Pack Wake & Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-FA3F66BBB0FA66EB - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-953D954B8CB50190 - Taken by famfrit. 7 entrants total.

t1421109883z1.png

Purkake4

Banned
uhh no it's not

how is copy/pasting every key into steam easier (and don't forget that steam will check every key for like 30 secs..) than clicking on a few buttons?
You have to put in your mail address and then connect it to Steam again because it doesn't always keep the cookies and then you click the buttons.

At least it's not especially worse.

Lomax

uhh no it's not

how is copy/pasting every key into steam easier (and don't forget that steam will check every key for like 30 secs..) than clicking on a few buttons?

It isn't. For almost everyone the linked system was easier and faster. It's only easier to give keys away (and trade/sell them) using the old system.

I, for one, am happy to see the linked account system go. As someone that regularly redeems games to my dupe account, or gives them away, the gift system is a whole dumb and unnecessary process. Sure, the one-click redeem was convenient, but only when you were redeeming that game to your account. From the start I've thought it was dumb and pointless, so I won't miss it one bit.

I do hope they keep the unredeemed keys list though. Makes it much easier to keep track of what keys I have or haven't looked at.

I'm sure you understand though that you're in the vast minority.

Locust

Wow, I'm glad I took the 15 minutes to write up what I had unclaimed on Indie Gala. They even removed the "claimed to Steam account X" text from used keys.

Shadownet

Banned
So i had my sociology class today. My professor is a 62 years old gentleman. (He told us his age, not that I'm psychic)

He's a bit of an oddball, he has strange mannerism. You can really see it in his movement and the way he communicate.

But he seem like a lovable oddball, he's funny and very wise. I haven't met my other professors yet but I can tell he's probably going to be my favorite this semester. Funny thing is he told us about his credential and that he took exactly zero classes in sociology. (He has a bachelor in psychology and anthropology among other stuff) yet now he's teaching a sociology class lol

"Well I'm not clearly qualify for this, you all can leave!" lol We ended up listening to classic 60-70's song for the duration of the class and talk about the meaning of each songs. Interesting stuff really.

anyway, have anyone played GRAV? for some reason it remind me of a more exploration based version of Destiny.

Edit: Jaw is like my new favorite gaffer cause he like Tales games.

Maniac

Banned
Community-side convinced me that I should look forward to the reversible USB C connector.

Everyone should. As you said: reversible. You'll save years of your life otherwise spent in agony.

It also carries DP and is backwards compatible with olden USB iirc.
----------
LISA -- MB-CE69FBED9C60CDA7 - Taken by Maniac. 86 entrants total.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While I'm capable of doing so, it's all on Stump and ModBot for that tag. I'm not sure why it's been added either as it's a Steam title through a Humble Bundle link.

So I spent most of Sunday "breaking in" my new superpowered gaming desktop with some Wolfenstein TLO, Divinity:OS, and Warframe. Man, this was one hell of an upgrade. Jaw-dropping all around.

But there's this little voice in the back of my ear going "You should get Elite:Dangerous"

That's a dumb voice that I shouldn't listen to, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom