• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have 80~ keys to giveaway. So, chances are pretty good you'll be getting it.

Edit: I'll put the giveaway up tomorrow at 3pm~ EST

I'll be keeping an eye for it.
llama_emoji_08__drinking_tea__by_jerikuto-d6u6n9r.gif

PES 2015 is absolutely unplayable online... The lag is insane, matchmaking mostly doesn't work, and it's been several days like that. And it's not the first time the online functionalities are not working...

It's sad to say, but I should probably have bought FIFA on Origin.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stumpokapow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Biglands -- MB-BBF6E377AF99DB41 - Taken by Casimir Trivia Question: What's the state capital of New York State?

because why not.

Games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Quest for Infamy -- MB-DBB4E0E92630F6E9 - Taken by autoduelist
1Quest -- MB-F6479974379AC265 - Taken by Annubis

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you're messin' with ModBot anyways... what's the possibility of getting ModBot to support "must be on your Steam Wishlist" giveaways like this?

Might have to ponder how to prevent cheating.

There's a bunch of stuff related to Steam accounts I wanted to do (including OAuth support, before Valve randomly killed it), but it's a matter of having a good, effective UI to do it and being able to do it quickly enough that it's done during ModBot's heartbeat. ModBot is severely limited by these two concerns. The UI thing is just killer, having to scaffold a system on top of GAF's PM systems is just a disaster. vBulletin really isn't meant for that.

The biggest issue with anything related to linking Steam accounts is communicating to a user if it didn't work (privacy settings wrong--and this is a big problem since there are otherwise strong incentives to use profile privacy on Steam; user gives display name when I'm expecting account name or number).

A secondary issue is that ModBot doesn't actually know what kind of key you give it. Like, you can give ModBot a key that says "Super Mario Galaxy PC exclusive" and is a desura key for Poop Quest: Legend of Butt. This is by design. ModBot makes a half-hearted attempt to match the title you give to the title of a Steam game but beyond that it has no idea. A large proportion of giveaways have title errors--like if someone put Medal of Honour instead of Medal of Honor, if there are other spelling mistakes or omissions, times where ModBot picks up on the wrong game because of ambiguous names, whatever. So I've historically been pretty reluctant to try to implement any kind of functionality that relies on needing an affirmative title match. It's also a problem because right now if Valve changes their title search engine (or in your hypothetical, profile / wishlist page), ModBot keeps on chugging except potentially whiffing title art. But if I add functionality that depends on that stuff, I need to fix things when they break immediately. ModBot's title matcher was actually partially broken for several months with no complaints or needs for me to fix stuff. I know jshackles can commit to updating ES instantly when Valve breaks something, but I don't have that kind of schedule right now (see my user tag).

Thanks for the suggestion though. It's a good one. I totally understand the motivation behind such a giveaway. I gave away a copy of Fez a long time ago with a fake warning added that the person would be banned if they didn't play it by the end of the year because I felt strongly about it. I obviously didn't follow up on that and no one would actually be banned for stuff related to ModBot, but I get the appeal of wanting to make sure that your giveaway's winner deserves it. If I figure out a way to solve the issues to my satisfaction, it's something I'll put together.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kurt Russell, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kurt Russell, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-8710B460155BA452 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution -- MB-945967A5AF234238 - Taken by Popstar. 7 entrants total.
Bit.Trip.Runner 2 -- MB-95A237778545BBA8 - Taken by mrks. 1 entrants total.

t1421127557z1.png

Well, today is my birthday so here's what I have that I don't think is region locked, since Valve has decided that I can't gift new stuff to people who aren't from South America.
Probably everyone has those, but here's hoping someone will enjoy them.
If the gift things don't work PM me, I did the tutorial (thanks Grief!) but I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

Happy Birthday!

No 1Quest

Where is everybody getting them?

IndieGala Bundle

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of titch, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Runes of Brennos -- MB-B7D6F309BE2B397F - Taken by Phawx. 4 entrants total.
Hunters of The Dead -- MB-795700CC18765732 - Taken by NingenJanai. 5 entrants total.
Mythos: The Beginning -- MB-232668F88D271572 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
9th Company: Roots Of Terror -- MB-63F9E9B715EEA5FD - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Theatre of The Absurd -- MB-8843A5E90D8D2CD2

t1421128315z1.png

autoduelist

Any roguelike lovers out there know if 1Quest is worth the entire price of admission on that bundle?

Also, has anyone tried out Over 9000 Zombies?

Popstar

Thanks for the suggestion though. It's a good one. I totally understand the motivation behind such a giveaway. I gave away a copy of Fez a long time ago with a fake warning added that the person would be banned if they didn't play it by the end of the year because I felt strongly about it. I obviously didn't follow up on that and no one would actually be banned for stuff related to ModBot, but I get the appeal of wanting to make sure that your giveaway's winner deserves it. If I figure out a way to solve the issues to my satisfaction, it's something I'll put together.
Figured that would be the answer. Thanks for considering it.

Could always just add the game before the raffle ends =/
Wishlists show when the game was added, so when I've done wishlist giveaways I usually state some variation of the following:
Be the first to show me one of the following games on your Steam wishlist (added before today - Dec 24), and I have Steam key for that game for you. Probably easiest to just include a link to your wishlist.

inky

I'm an idiot and clicked one of those phishing links in my profile (trying to delete it) and it downloaded something I'm pretty sure was a trojan or some such.

Promptly deleted it and did a couple of scans and it didn't find anything but I don't think it even recognized the files it downloaded as malicious.

Am I already dead?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm an idiot and clicked one of those phishing links in my profile (trying to delete it) and it downloaded something I'm pretty sure was a trojan or some such.

Promptly deleted it and did a couple of scans and it didn't find anything but I don't think it even recognized the files it downloaded as malicious.

Am I already dead?

If you didn't run a .exe/.scr/other executable file, then merely downloading it did not compromise your account. However, clicking the link may have marked your account for the scammers / other scammers. I highly recommend closing comments on your profile to friends only unless you absolutely need public comments in order to participate in trading or w/e.

Sch1sm

Am I already dead?

Did you change your Steam password? Y'know. Just in case. :c

inky

If you didn't run a .exe/.scr/other executable file, then merely downloading it did not compromise your account. However, clicking the link may have marked your account for the scammers / other scammers. I highly recommend closing comments on your profile to friends only unless you absolutely need public comments in order to participate in trading or w/e.

Heh, at least I had the sense to not double click it. Used the spybot shredder tool instead to avoid that risk precisely. Yup, I don't need my comments open. I guess I didn't even think it might be a problem so I didn't bother to close them before. I feel dumb for misclicking that. No wonder I suck at CS GO ;P

Did you change your Steam password? Y'know. Just in case. :c

Yea, I might. I had a scare in a game (Marvel Heroes) recently and I still don't know how that happened, considering my passwords are elaborate and I don't reuse them, and I don't go around sticking my emails into everything.

Live,
do something stupid,
and learn I guess.

chronomac

I won a copy of The Ship and then had an extra in my inventory. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Ship -- MB-F94353E3E8C11664 - Taken by Pranay_. 3 entrants total.

t1421128512z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-FE020B11BA3A3312 - Taken by sensoft04
Blast Em! -- MB-A0C49595CE9EEB7E - Taken by agniswarm
The Chaos Engine -- MB-049E8D48489A6916 - Taken by Shalashaska

Annubis

Oh. I didnt know. 30$ is still a bit too much for me for VNs. I do not know. I mean I can see the value in that, but 30$ for "books" without much gameplay. I dont know...

Yeah 30$ is pretty iffy =/
I don't think the game has the content to equal others at that price point.

Meh, will wait for good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom