• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Nuuvem has Life is Strange pre-order for ~3.94 USD

It only says Episode 1 on the page, though. I was under the impression that it was only sold as a full series.

Edit: My mistake, Steam also has episode 1 separate from full series.

titch

In other news, just bought Pier Solar too, thanks Deques for pointing that nice price to me.

I also like to point out that Pac-man Championship is great, buy it, people! And no, I'm not talking about nostalgia. I don't know what is it about pacman, it is walking simulator, when you think longer about it, but I still enjoy it immensely (><)
That's how you do walking sims
I kid, I kid

Pier - kinda reminds me of wild arms does it play anything like that - assuming you've played wild arms.

Great edition of Pacman was about to double dip on that yesterday, you've reminded me so might bite the bullet later today :)

Pacman DX is great and really satisfying. I only playing it sporadically though when I'm bored. That *spark spark spark*, and bullet-time are tight. Controlling it only with arrow pad is also neat (not like pacman need many control to begin with).

I just realized that there is game called PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures. Looks cool, wish listed.

Does Pacman have friends leaderboards like the 360 version?

There is a ghostly adventures 2 but its now on windows. My kids have it for their 3ds looks pretty neat.

Thanks a lot :) And happy birthday!
Thank you :)
Happy birthday.
Thanks Turfster!
Have a good one!!

Ive been lucky with the raffles so here's some stuff before i hit the hay!!!
Thank you!
Happy Birthday
big-trouble-in-little-china-jack-burton.jpg
Thank you! Amazing movie, I watch it from time to time and it never gets old.
Happy birthday, Ronnie James Dio!

Thanks! :)
Haha, thanks!
Happy birthday. :)
Thank you!
Happy bday!
Thanks!
Happy Birthday!

IndieGala Bundle

Thank you!

Also here's something I forgot yesterday. I liked Geneforge better but if someone has Avadon 1 and not 2 here's the second one.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AVADON 2: THE CORRUPTION -- MB-AF5039F4609BAEA9 - Taken by Catshade

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't think it was heavily advertised and it certainly didn't help that the first review was a negative one. It does look like a fun game from your screenshots though.

I'd actually love to play Pacman again, but DX just seems too...neon for my liking.

You can choose different skins, such as Dig Dug, to try and lessen some of the neon effect. Doesn't remove it all together, but helps some.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374440673

Arthea

Happy Birthday, Kurt!

Pier - kinda reminds me of wild arms does it play anything like that - assuming you've played wild arms.

Great edition of Pacman was about to double dip on that yesterday, you've reminded me so might bite the bullet later today :)

Does Pacman have friends leaderboards like the 360 version?

There is a ghostly adventures 2 but its now on windows. My kids have it for their 3ds looks pretty neat.
I haven't played it yet, but from what I know about it, it's not like Wild ARMs, and I consider myself a fan of WA! How I would like a new WA game... I still think that WA5 "tetris" is one of the best minigames in any game ever too.

It has leaderboards inside a game only, global and friends ones. Leaderboards are a little glitchy and you'll notice that there are people that cheat even in pacman (><)
Amazing really

Ozium

the leaderboards in pac-man ce dx+ are worthless to me because

1. no one plays games on steam
2. apparently everyone of my steam friends who plays it is a scrub

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Arthea

not so stealth brag post? damn, you are good, I watched several of your runs, you really are good at it, also your kb probably don't suck as much as mine.
but calling everyone scrub? rude! You are aware that you aren't #1 in every category, at least not on my friend list (¬&#8255;¬)

Ozium

not so stealth brag post? damn, you are good, I watched several of your runs, you really are good at it, also your kb probably don't suck as much as mine.
but calling everyone scrub? rude! You are aware that you aren't #1 in every category, at least not on my friend list (¬&#8255;¬)

I don't play that often because I don't have much of a challenge ;)

you shouldn't use a keyboard for Pac-Man, you need the power of a controller!

Dr Dogg

Every time I set upon finishing off an Ass Creed I always get side tracked. I can't help it that when I get to a new area I need to sync the view point the go run around like a looney grabbing all the collectables, you never know if you'll be back here again in relation to the story.

Oh and Happy B'day Kurt Russell.

Launcelot du Lac and the "Sir" variation for both are valid answers, as for monsters it's either Ogopogo or Naitaka, the others are truly one answer only.
But I had no interest in them =P

Hahahaha fair enough. If I could muster the energy together to collate and giveaway all my spare keys I'd probably end up feathering them to a load of Football, Music, Film or booze related triva questions. Might have a lot of unclaimed stuff though.

Oh Kamiya, don't ever change. Well maybe not reply to every tweet under the sun as it can wreck my Twitter activity feed.

Water

That review really got under my skin for some reason, why would that reviewer assume it is high budget game in the first place? Horrible review, says nothing about the game and complains about it being a cheap game?! reviewers... (><)
Arcade games tend to serve as a litmus test and quickly reveal a vast amount of game critics, including professionals, as utterly incompetent.
(And by "arcade" I'm not referring to "cheap and download-only", but ports of actual arcade games, and original games with designs that would suit actual arcade games.)
The typical awful review reveals that the reviewer never reached the conscious incompetence level of skill, and was simultaneously incapable of writing a review of any substance and too lacking in self-awareness to recognize that. Otherwise even such a review could have value to a newcomer to the genre in a "first impression" sort of way, but the awful reviewers tend to fundamentally misunderstand the design so badly - e.g. spamming continues and then complaining the game has "short playtime and no replayability" - that they are absolutely misleading, the equivalent of a man trying to review a book without recognizing there are more pages after the first one.

I'm curious, what specific review are you talking about? I didn't spot a link.
Ya, it is a tad too neony, but it's still a good ol' pac-man.
From the few games I played before on a friend's account, DX is very unlike the original. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise since I find good ol' Pac-Man boring. A masterpiece in its time, sure, and possibly the best videogame made before I was born, but has been quickly eclipsed by much better games in the same way as Wolfenstein 3D was.

derExperte

Yeah, me too, seems to me like he was just banned out of spite because he said gaf moderation is inconsistent, it's not like he insulted anybody, dunno, don't wanna talk too much in case a mod bans me too just for voicing my opinion.

He called GAF's moderation 'a joke'. Also he talked about being banned before, according to Aeana that wasn't the case which could in turn mean that there's an alt-account in play. Dunno.

why are there so many indie multiplayer only games out there? "down to one" is what the player base will be two weeks after launch

I remember during the early days of GL when a game needed like hundred thousands of votes to be even GL Air Bucaneers was GL. So you thought "Cool. The player base must be big."

I joined a MP game 1 week after the release and there was like 1 server with 3 players...

titch

Happy Birthday, Kurt!

I haven't played it yet, but from what I know about it, it's not like Wild ARMs, and I consider myself a fan of WA! How I would like a new WA game... I still think that WA5 "tetris" is one of the best minigames in any game ever too.

It has leaderboards inside a game only, global and friends ones. Leaderboards are a little glitchy and you'll notice that there are people that cheat even in pacman (><)
Amazing really

WA1 is prob one of my fav games, great game during a great time!! Best 2.5 ringgit I ever spent!!!

Meh hate cheaters whats the point.

No point in adding this scrub to your fl then lol

Yakkue

You can choose different skins, such as Dig Dug, to try and lessen some of the neon effect. Doesn't remove it all together, but helps some.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374440673

I didn't know that, thanks a lot for linking this! Wishlisted the game now :)

Arthea was talking about this review of Alphadia Genesis.

Also he talked about being banned before, according to Aeana that wasn't the case which could in turn mean that there's an alt-account in play. Dunno.

I remember that he was banned before. Strange.

Arthea

Arcade games tend to serve as a litmus test and quickly reveal a vast amount of game critics, including professionals, as utterly incompetent.
(And by "arcade" I'm not referring to "cheap and download-only", but ports of actual arcade games, and original games with designs that would suit actual arcade games.)
The typical awful review reveals that the reviewer never reached the conscious incompetence level of skill, and was simultaneously incapable of writing a review of any substance and too lacking in self-awareness to recognize that. Otherwise even such a review could have value to a newcomer to the genre in a "first impression" sort of way, but the awful reviewers tend to fundamentally misunderstand the design so badly - e.g. spamming continues and then complaining the game has "short playtime and no replayability" - that they are absolutely misleading, the equivalent of a man trying to review a book without recognizing there are more pages after the first one.

From the few games I played before on a friend's account, DX is very unlike the original. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise since I find good ol' Pac-Man boring. A masterpiece in its time, sure, and possibly the best videogame made before I was born, but has been quickly eclipsed by much better games in the same way as Wolfenstein 3D was.
this one
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TildenJack/recommended/323450/
how you actually give a game negative review and then praise its battle system, nothing makes sense in that review. This reviewer basically gave it negative review because it's a cheap game, i.e. no FF or Trails, for sure, but I'll be damned if I understand this.

which original you are referring to? Pacman is boring if you play it too long, in short sessions, it isn't.

I so don't like you now... and I can't help myself (><)
Wolf 3D is still one of greatest, I factor only fun I had with it, and DooM and Wold3D beat any modern shooter for me, personally! Well, except Unreal Tournament if we consider it a modern game (><)

_hekk05

Banned
He called GAF's moderation 'a joke'. Also he talked about being banned before, according to Aeana that wasn't the case which could in turn mean that there's an alt-account in play. Dunno.

I seem to remember him being banned before though? Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me.

Arthea

if possible, of course. I just now realied that Arthea called Pac-Man a walking simulator... and I am completely bewildered

that is called a joke, Ozzie!
why nobody gets my jokes... (._.)

Isn't Homeworld coming to Steam next month? Any movement on an app front?

Also, dat new Halo top-down game, is that coming to Steam?

And, lastly: NOLF is coming, but Night Dive's playing hard to get with me on twitter.

I thought we don't have any info on release date. Where this come from?

DocSeuss

Isn't Homeworld coming to Steam next month? Any movement on an app front?

Also, dat new Halo top-down game, is that coming to Steam?

And, lastly: NOLF is coming, but Night Dive's playing hard to get with me on twitter.

EDIT: Posting this way is just weird.

I thought we don't have any info on release date. Where this come from?

I swear I'd heard Gearbox was targeting February.

Copons

rHmCknC.png

I hope that "PC exclusive" refers to the preorder..
It's 14.99 btw

I didn't follow its development, but... woah, are the screens on GOG supposed to be of the remastered edition? Because I could almost swear it looks basically the same to my own old version of GF I re-played a year ago on ResidualVM.

I'm aware it's not a HD edition, but christ, look at the foam thingies:
They could have at least removed some jaggies and sharpened the texture (EDIT: of the 3D models)...

And damn, the UI icons look devious, like zero fucks were given while creating them.

Also, have they at least created a control system alternative to the awful tank one? I remember Tim Schafer talking about it, but I may be wrong, and the GOG page doesn't mention it.

All in all, I think hi-res characters, dynamic lighting and some commentary is barely worth it for people who never played it, but people like me who would have to double dip, well, nope.

Hey now, hold it dude. Just because my PC version stats are a bit lacking doesn't mean I am a scrub, I was in the top #100 on the PSN version >_>

Ozium

damn near shit myself and almost flew into a rage when I saw that thing about Grim Fandango being exclusive to GOG...

thank gog it's only for pre-orders

Hey now, hold it dude. Just because my PC version stats are a bit lacking doesn't mean I am a scrub, I was in the top #100 on the PSN version >_>

1v1 me in Pac & Pal m8

Dr Dogg

It's easier to mislead in 140 I guess >_>

Or just enough for the gaming media to write 'I saw this super awesome thing the other day but I'm not allowed to talk about it. So excited!!!'. Then it turns out to be nothing and the teasing toe rags do it again anyway because it drives traffic to their outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom