• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

wetflame

Pizza Dog
£9.29 for Grim Fandango on gog.

Incoming £11.99 price for Steam then >_>

It's a shame. The game's pricey enough to outweigh the limited benefits from the remaster. I've never played the game through all the way, would like to pick this up at some point but it doesn't seem like the graphics have been improved much (I guess because they'd have to remake all the backgrounds etc) and it's hard to justify spending around £10 on it.

Also, have they at least created a control system alternative to the awful tank one? I remember Tim Schafer talking about it, but I may be wrong, and the GOG page doesn't mention it.
I believe they did, they brought on the guy who developed the mod for the standard point and click adventure controls.

Copons

It's not as good as I thought it is at first.

Oh it does, watch the video. But I agree with 'Tank is still the best'. I'll play that way.

I'll make sure to watch it as soon as I can, then.
I violently hated tank, though, so much I abandoned my first playthrough back then, just to finally complete it when it already got its cult status. :(

titch

:( I was just talkin' smack I didn't mean to make you or anyone feel bad... feel free to add me if you want, username is same as here

:) I didn't take it that way anyway - gonna buy dx now and send you a fr just to give me something to aim for :)

Arthea

Gave a quick look to Double Fine prices on GOG/Steam.
Only Broken Age has the same price on both platforms, so probably Grim Fandango will be 15€ exactly like Brutal Legend (11.80 on GOG, 14.99 on Steam).

I think difference is there only because gog doesn't allow 1$=1€ bullshit.

edited: also about Squirreltopia, it was greenlit just a week or so ago and already released, talk about efficiency!

edit2: steam pokemon got a store page

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Groupees bundle featuring 7 games from Retroism will unlock in a little over four hours. You can make a blind prepurchase of the bundle for US$1.50. Otherwise, it will be a "build-a-bundle" with a US$1.00 minimum.

Retroism game list.

Groupees bundle.

Chariot

but it's pokemon! who cares how ugly it is, if we get to collect them all! (><)
I bought it long time ago, yeah
Why not buying actual Pokemon then :p
I wish we would get some Dragon Quest Monsters for the PC. (I don't even dare to dream about an actual Nintendo product like Pokemon hitting PC ever)

Arthea

Why not buying actual Pokemon then :p
I wish we would get some Dragon Quest Monsters for the PC. (I don't even dare to dream about an actual Nintendo product like Pokemon hitting PC ever)
I think this game can be fun, and I buy most if not all genre mixing games, especially if several genres are those I like more.
also Pokemon will never be on steam, and I'm not much of a handheld person too, so it is my pokemon and I bought it :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My only gripe is that most platformers (indie) nowadays are all time trial crap rather than point A to point B level exploration.

Chariot

Help, GAF, I am under attack by eagles!

zKDRNCK.png

--
I think this game can be fun, and I buy most if not all genre mixing games, especially if several genres are those I like more.
also Pokemon will never be on steam, and I'm not much of a handheld person too, so it is my pokemon and I bought it :)
Not saying that it can't be fun. Glad that there is an alternative.

Water

this one
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TildenJack/recommended/323450/
how you actually give a game negative review and then praise its battle system, nothing makes sense in that review. This reviewer basically gave it negative review because it's a cheap game, i.e. no FF or Trails, for sure, but I'll be damned if I understand this.
Oh, I got confused and thought you were talking about some Pac-Man CE DX review.

which original you are referring to? Pacman is boring if you play it too long, in short sessions, it isn't.
I didn't think "original" would leave much room for interpretation? Pac-Man, first commercial release.

I so don't like you now... and I can't help myself (><)
Wolf 3D is still one of greatest, I factor only fun I had with it, and DooM and Wold3D beat any modern shooter for me, personally! Well, except Unreal Tournament if we consider it a modern game (><)
Like Pac-Man, Wolf3D was a magnificent game in its time. I also had a lot of fun with it. But the genre was in its infancy, and Wolf3D's mechanics are very plain and clunky in light of what followed. Thus Doom was able to do everything better and obsolete Wolf3D overnight. I don't really see a reason to play Wolf3D anymore other than nostalgia. I might consider using it for a game analysis assignment though; the same lack of complexity and intensity (by modern standards) that robs it of entertainment value would make it more approachable for newbie students.

Arthea

still don't see anything about gog exclusive preorder, must be my blindness.
edited: oh, I get it now, it's nowhere to preorder except gog now. I thought it's about preorder goodies (><)

Fever time!

http://a.psblogstatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PixTheCat_gif08.gif[/IMG [IMG]http://a.psblogstatics.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PixTheCat_gif03.gif[/IMG

Pix the Cat [I]and[/I] The Next Penelope over the course of this month is going to sweet.[/QUOTE]

that's amazing!

Tizoc

never heard of juju before ,looks good but im not sure about the price , i will add it to my wishlist for now

not for now , but the game comes out tomorrow so we can get the price then
Juju will appe more to younger audiance as ro me its like baby's first platformer.
I got it from russia for like $8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom