• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes because it's a bad game.

IdFDENf.gif

I disagree so much with this that I can't even put it into words. NiGHTS is a masterpiece of a game, for me at least.

Of course you are allowed to not like it, everyone has their own tastes :v

Xanathus

Well that GTA 5 delay screwed up my gaming plans for January/February, now I have absolutely nothing to play (except for my huge backlog of unfinished games)!

What a horrible way to start the day. Corrosiveforst got banned :(
Just read the convo in the PS Vita thread and he was voicing his opinion pretty normal with stuff he experienced imo. I also remember Aena and him talking about the same topic here back when the thread got into community. What a shame. I didn't see any hate post, yes even if he was criticizing the mods harsh (joke). I've read uch worse throughout gaf I mean.
Ah, hope it's not perma at least. He does contribute a lot here. Posts impressions, videos, webms and even more tips about Steam etc. This does suck.
:( hopefully he'll be back when the ban ends.

A suggestion would be that level 0 users cannot send friend requests unless they have one paid game in the library. The game must be purchased in Steam store

And Happy Birthday :)

Cheaper than in GMG! But I have credits there so buying from GMG with credits would be my best option

That would work too, they need to do it fast because the flood of bots is getting stronger.
Thank you btw :)

Happy birthday Kurt!

Thank you Big Boss!

Afro

So now that GTA is fucking delayed, what are some good titles releasing from now 'til April? REmake, Fandango, Life is Strange, Dying Light, Project CARS, BF Hardline, anything else?

derExperte

You know who's ecstatic that GTA got delayed? The Raven's Cry devs. Now they'll party for two weeks and have to delay their game too. Again.

You know who's ecstatic that GTA got delayed? The Raven's Cry devs. Now they'll party for two weeks and have to delay their game too. Again.

Hm, now that GTA was delayed I could see myself buying Raven's Cry if it ever releases this month (and gets a cheap Nuuvem discount)

Jawmuncher

With all the delays, unless that game ends up being pretty good.
It's already destined to fail. There's barely been any advertising even before the delay.

fantomena

You are allowed to, but most people here don't like him.

I udnerstand that, but people seems to have a problem with me liking him. It's like it's political correct in here to not like him. And if you do like him, people will hate you and tell that you have a problem for liking him.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Huh. So. GTA V is gonna be 25GB bigger than Witcher 3, according to pre-release specs.
Looking through my installs:

Grand Theft Auto 4: 15.4 GB
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes: 16.2 GB
Max Payne 3: 32.5 GB
Witcher 2: 30.1 GB

Looking through MP3s files, 8 GB of it is pre-rendered movies and about 3.22 GB is just audio. Looking through GTA4's files, almost a third of it is audio which isn't too surprising.

I wonder if the multiplayer is going to have any sort of redundant data?
Is the size from a massive song list?
Are there a lot of pre-rendered movies I'm not aware of?
This would be easier if I could find a file list for the console versions, but none of them have size data.

I guess I'm just wondering why it's so darn big.

I am pretty excited for the GTAV delay. Now I have some time to complete Evil Within, Alien Isolation, This War Of Mine, Sonic Generations and MGS5:GZ aaaand Resident Evil HD and Life is Strange EP 1.

Actually I'll just complete EW and play CS:GO

I udnerstand that, but people seems to have a problem with me liking him. It's like it's political correct in here to not like him. And if you do like him, people will hate you and tell that you have a problem for liking him.
No one expressed hate towards you, that was just...well, people reacting to you liking Pew.

derExperte

Imagine meeting someone who legitimately enjoys The Twilight Saga and isn't a 13 year old teenage girl. It's exactly like that.

So many people seem to have me on ignore. WHYOHWHY.

Turfster

Yes, super beta.

A thought: have Modbot edit in the accepted answer when it edits the claiming.

So yeah SteamGAF are you ready to pay 60$ for year and a half old game (GTA V)? :D

Nope, because it's a mountain of smelly shit on top of something that could have been great, which makes it ten times as sad.

Gamesplanet is also having a Bamco sale, up to 75% off (before you ask, Dark Souls franchise is 50% off)

The fact that he was banned only empowers his statement, there's nothing wrong with what he said and I have to agree on the fact that mods have a lot of power with a not so clear guidelines.

yo dawg you gonna get banned talking smack like that.

but yeah it's total bullshit and only further validates his points

Anyway. Here are some impressions about Recettear. :)
You play in Japanese? Ain't it becoming like work after some time?
Glad you like it :)
Well, today is my birthday.
Happy birthday man! Always nice to watch you stream Elite!
Groupees bundle featuring 7 games from Retroism will unlock in a little over four hours. You can make a blind prepurchase of the bundle for US$1.50. Otherwise, it will be a "build-a-bundle" with a US$1.00 minimum.
Retroism game list.
Groupees bundle.
7 games for 1,50$? That is a great deal... not really any games that interest me sadly. Besides Shadow Ops: Red Mercury
65 GB would make GTA5 the new reigning champ IIRC.
No. X-Plane 10 has min. req. of 80GB.
So yeah SteamGAF are you ready to pay 60$ for year and a half old game (GTA V)? :D
Nah. Never buy full price. Is it that hard to have the patience to wait a couple months for much, much better prices? Not for me gladly.
Delayed again? Wasn't over 1 year enough to port the game?
Somehow this makes me get doubts about the reason.
GTA Online for PC, which will support up to 30 players, will launch alongside GTAV for PC and will include GTA Online Heists. Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch.
I could totally believe in a delay just to have Online Heists closer to release.
well then ...
At first it looked kinda boring but then the destruction physics :eek:
.. and then the underground escape :O
Very cool. Is Space Engineers already out of EA?
Imagine meeting someone who legitimately enjoys The Twilight Saga and isn't a 13 year old teenage girl. It's exactly like that.
I never heard about Twilight movies, books, actors, hype or anything media related on TV or Web before. Just watched the movie some years ago totally unbiased by anything. Like I knew nothing besides being about Vampires.

I loved the movie. The Music, the romance, the atmosphere. Then again, I am a sucker for romance.

Just way after that I learned about the Phenomenon Twilight. All subsequent movies sucked balls to the walls. The Director of the first movie Catherine Hardwicke really made a great work and I immediately felt her absence in the sequels. Pitiful movies.

pahamrick

This really feels like bullshit to me, especially after seeing what went down in that XSEED thread.

Guess I'll have to talk to Frosty on Steam to get his updated thoughts on new releases.

ExoSoul

Banned

Je suis Charlie !
I have a very dark sense of humour, if anything that'll see me banned

Knowing how the mods can be at times I have a suspicion this can be a "joke" ban and he'll be back soon.

Jawmuncher

I forgot both Final Fantasy Type-0 and Bloodborne are march....looks like i'll be waiting on Type-0 since Bloodborne SE is already preordered. Which should work out fine since i'll be playing a bit of catch up with REmake and Revelations 2 on PC in march as well since I won't be gaming in febuary.

Dr Dogg

Well Ubi is monkeying around with the Dead King's depot. Not up yet but judging by the Xbox One files size I might finish the story by the time it drops and I download it.

Pachimari

I'm super happy about the specs announced for Grand Theft Auto V. It seems like I'll be able to run it at maximum and with 60fps. The delay is fine by me (I feel bad for those who really wanted it this month), as I were going to get other titles instead anyway.

Here's to H1Z1, Life is Strange, Resident Evil Remake, Grim Fandango HD and Stranded Deep. Although I'm only going to get H1Z1.

The fact that he was banned only empowers his statement, there's nothing wrong with what he said and I have to agree on the fact that mods have lot of power with not so clear guidelines.
Ex-fuckin-catly !!!!

Would have fitted a mod much better to invalidate his "opinion" by only writing a counter-argument. But banning? That only helps prove his point.

And three months long ban to boot is really weirdly long for something like that.

Would be a truly classy thing of other mods to re-discuss and change the length or the ban itself imo.

I always liked how approachable mods here were and how they were not not sitting on a high horse.

GaussTek

Lol, yep, we all knew GTA V was going to be delayed :(

I was almost right about the game's size (I said around 60GB). Not that it was hard to guess, considering the size of past Rockstar PC games :p

And, holy shit at X-Plane X requiring 80GB O_O. But I guess that kind of game has tons of assets, people like to mod them, etc...

Jawmuncher

Ex-fuckin-catly !!!!

Would have fitted a mod much better to invalidate his "opinion" by only writing a counter-argument. But banning? That only helps prove his point.

And three months long ban to boot is really weirdly long for something like that.

Would be a truly classy thing of other mods to re-discuss and change the length or the ban itself imo.

I always liked how approachable mods here were and how they were not not sitting on a high horse.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147159158&postcount=1873
Though it's odd since it didn't seem like they responded with a ban in mind.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GTA V system reqs said:
Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

oh joy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom