• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I forgot both Final Fantasy Type-0 and Bloodborne are march....looks like i'll be waiting on Type-0 since Bloodborne SE is already preordered. Which should work out fine since i'll be playing a bit of catch up with REmake and Revelations 2 on PC in march as well since I won't be gaming in febuary.

For me, March is all about Type-0 HD. Bloodborne is on my radar but I'm holding off until I hear reviews.

Jawmuncher

For me, March is all about Type-0 HD. Bloodborne is on my radar but I'm holding off until I hear reviews.

I'll end up buying it right after I finish Blood Borne.
Hell I might even grab it Day 1 anyway since I got a 65 dollar gamestop gift card for christmas.

Why is Uplay so fucking horrible? When is ubisoft going to burn it to the ground?

They really don't want me redeeming this free code for Far Cry 4. Their uplay store doesn't even email me the key, then several minutes later it shows up in the order history, then when I goto the uplay client to redeem the key, they lock my account and tell me to reset my password. I reset my password and still can't get in.

What a clusterfuck. Every time I use this service it's worse and even more convoluted than the last time.

hohoXD123

What a horrible way to start the day. Corrosiveforst got banned :(
Just read the convo in the PS Vita thread and he was voicing his opinion pretty normal with stuff he experienced imo. I also remember Aena and him talking about the same topic here back when the thread got into community. What a shame. I didn't see any hate post, yes even if he was criticizing the mods harsh (joke). I've read uch worse throughout gaf I mean.
Ah, hope it's not perma at least. He does contribute a lot here. Posts impressions, videos, webms and even more tips about Steam etc. This does suck.

Damn, he was one of the good ones.

Ex-fuckin-catly !!!!

Would have fitted a mod much better to invalidate his "opinion" by only writing a counter-argument. But banning? That only helps prove his point.

And three months long ban to boot is really weirdly long for something like that.

Would be a truly classy thing of other mods to re-discuss and change the length or the ban itself imo.

I always liked how approachable mods here were and how they were not not sitting on a high horse.

We don't really know if he was banned because of that post. He may have PM'd one of the mods afterwards and it escalated.

Parsnip

I don't know, corrosive can be very abrasive at times. Maybe he had warnings on his account from something he had said in the past and calling mods a joke pushed it over that magical line.

We should probably speculate more, that's always useful.

hohoXD123

I am PewDiePie.

image.php

Seems legit.

ExoSoul

Banned
I don't know, corrosive can be very abrasive at times. Maybe he had warnings on his account from something he had said in the past and calling mods a joke pushed it over that magical line.

What's life without a little wonderment and speculation? ;)

Bloodborne is pretty much the only console game that could get me to buy one at this point.

Agreed, and even that isn't making me jump out to buy one yet.

yeah, but 3 months is still a damn long time for a 'first offense'

Bundlestars Reboot 10 bundle
Price: 2.08€
  • Xotic Complete
  • 8BitBoy
  • Fortix 2
  • Ignite
  • Space Farmers 2 Pack
  • Vector
  • Jet Car Stunts
  • Residue
  • Rush for Glory
  • SOL:Exodus
Great bundle at that price. Even if only for
I runs very well and is just a blast as you try to shave second after second each fast run. The game having tremendously quick load times help its pick-up and perfect-it style only further.

It is the only game so far which always crashes to desktop when trying to take a screenshot though sadly. The lego-like courses in gorgeous skyboxes are truly a sight to behold.

I'm on a streak of trying backlog games and not liking them.

I just tried Star Ruler and had approximately 0 fun. I really like sci-fi, but that's just not the kind of game for me, I guess.

Nabs

I'm tired of posting the new hotness, so here's the old coldness.

Cahors Sunset is a light-RPG in which you control the decisions of an French old man.
Your goal is try to keep the main character alive for as long as you can taking monthly decisions.
However, the choices aren't utterly good for your character and most of them contain unwanted side effects.

$1.69.

well, they already had social club, securom, gfwl and steam on GTA IV ;) so I'm guessing they're going for even more this time around ;)

(I hate quoting posts under me, but please understand)

I actually rage deleted GTA IV that one time I got screwed by all 3 at once.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Oh well. My hype just died completely. Now I'm just excited to see the stuff Stallion posts to his Flickr.

well, they already had social club, securom, gfwl and steam on GTA IV ;) so I'm guessing they're going for even more this time around ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh hello there, I've got a small problem with ES (was writing you a pm but then Firefox crashed and I forgot): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=147219707&postcount=6520 As soon as I disable ES the crashes are gone. If you need any more info....

I've been tracking the issue since 35 was in alpha, but I've yet to be able to resolve the issue unfortunately. I've not been able to make Firefox crash consistently in any of my tests, and because the browser is completely crashing I've not been able to properly debug the extension since crashing the browser clears all of the run-time logs.

As best as I can tell, this crash is happening when the new extension architecture attempts to "phone home" to Mozilla's AMO site to see if a newer version of Enhanced Steam is available and seems to get hung up on the fact that the version there is lower than the version that's running.

So in that regard, and the fact that the version on the AMO site is nearly a year old, I went ahead and deleted the AMO listing for Enhanced Steam. I'm going to be compiling a new version that strips the UUID from the extension which will prevent it from phoning home which should (hopefully) fix the issue with the browser crashing. However, doing so might mean that existing users will need to manually update to the latest version.

If that doesn't fix the crashing: I'll just have to say that Firefox 35 is incompatible with Enhanced Steam. That being said, I've not experienced any browser crashing while testing Firefox 36.

Teeth

Yes, this I realized as well. It is weird. Maybe better wait for a response.

This is a possibility. Better wait.

Flatly, talking about moderation is a bannable offense.

III. Moderation Policy

A. Moderation of NeoGAF is not by democracy. All decisions with regards to thread closure and movement, permanent and temporary bans, membership, and any other relevant issues are made by the NeoGAF administration alone and are final. That being said, constructive criticisms and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to NeoGAF Administration via e-mail, here. Do not dispute administrative policy or action within the forum itself.

Scared yet?

derExperte

If that doesn't fix the crashing: I'll just have to say that Firefox 35 is incompatible with Enhanced Steam. That being said, I've not experienced any browser crashing while testing Firefox 36.

Thanks for the response, then I'll probably just upgrade to 36 Beta right away. But I wish you luck with the upcoming influx of support requests. :/

Knurek

So, why don't we have a betting pool.
How about whoever comes closer to the date Rockstar announces 24.03.2015 is not the date GTA V PC will be released gets to call on next Steam thread title?

Started playing JuJu from Flying Wild Hog (developer of Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset), and I have to say it's a pretty cute and fun platformer. Though not too challenging I guess. The game also clearly takes inspiration from Donkey Kong Country, and there even are barrel-like objects that throw you around the level.

HRevJjF.jpg

SnHTc2A.jpg

yXPkP97.jpg

Nabs

Damn, I was going to do a "Dark Souls of VNs" joke with it.

Blasted Fortress keys added to Flying Greenlight Bundle

"Old Souls"

Started playing JuJu from Flying Wild Hog (developer of Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset), and I have to say it's a pretty cute and fun platformer. Though not too challenging I guess. The game also clearly takes inspiration from Donkey Kong Country, and there even are barrel-like objects that throw you around the level.

http://i.imgur.com/HRevJjF.jpg[/img]
http://i.imgur.com/SnHTc2A.jpg[/img]
http://i.imgur.com/yXPkP97.jpg[/img]

Looks very pretty, but the gameplay does nothing for me.

jshackles

Thanks for the response, then I'll probably just upgrade to 36 Beta right away. But I wish you luck with the upcoming influx of support requests. :/

Thanks. If you experience any issues on 36, let me know.

derExperte

Started playing JuJu from Flying Wild Hog (developer of Shadow Warrior and Hard Reset), and I have to say it's a pretty cute and fun platformer. Though not too challenging I guess. The game also clearly takes inspiration from Donkey Kong Country, and there even are barrel-like objects that throw you around the level

all-time peak: 12

Got buried so hard that I missed putting it on my wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom