• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
If you need an Evolve key, first one to send me the dirtiest PM will get it.

someone is going to take this seriously. (I do have a key though)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you need an Evolve key, first one to send me the dirtiest PM will get it.

someone is going to take this seriously. (I do have a key though)

Baka!
125865dd11.gif

EDIT: I have a key already so no worries for me.

Checked the Funny button out.

Under the "8 of 177 (math%) people found this review helpful" there's another line that sez "3 people found this review funny"

It's also not an either/or thing. You can say that the review was helpful and funny, or unhelpful and funny (or just helpful or unhelpful).

It's an odd inclusion, but whatever.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So I finished up Hatoful Boyfriend earlier today. It was kind of tough to write out an impression for this, since I had already pretty much experienced the game through a let's play 3 years ago or so, and well, you don't really forget a story like this.

Maybe it was just because I was rushing through the game in a day, but getting all the romantic routes was exhausting and sort of tedious: mainly since, beyond the three or four route specific moments, the events were basically the same across all but one route. Devolver threw in a button which fast forwards text, which was great, but sometimes I was too slow to turn it back off and missed some dialogue. I would have liked a back button or something.

Anyway, I think out of all the romance options, Ryouta's was the only one that felt like a 'real' romance (like the way he feels about
your lifespans
... it cuts deep). This just seems even more apparent in the Bad Boy's Love route. Speaking of which, I really liked how everyone was involved in some way at
the standoff that killed Hiyoko's parents
. Honestly, I liked the ending without the epilogue;
Yuuya should have stayed dead, Shuu should have died from bleeding out, and Ryouta should have stayed locked up for the rest of his life. It would have been depressing as fuck, yeah, but the epilogue just seems to cheapen it with the happy ending. Or well, as happy as it could be when Hiyoko's still dead, probably.

All in all, I think I came away with the same feeling I did three years ago; I'm not sure how they did it, but now I'm a pigeon lover.

(Also, thanks Frecklestein for gifting this to me when I couldn't buy it! You rock.)

Teeth

Victory is helmed by Ubi Quebec. They did The Tyranny of King Washington for AC3 and Freedom Cry for AssFlags. So it's in good hands.

I played a little bit of Dead Kings yesterday and it seemed like everything had chromatic aberration all of a sudden. :\

Also, another change on Dark Souls PTD password protected build. I guess they are testing that cross region option like the community manager mentioned.

Speaking of Dark Souls, well, Dark Souls 2.
http://bandainamcous.tumblr.com/post/108136899811/attention-dark-souls-ii-fans-a-free-update-will
That's a big list of changes that arrives on February 5th.

Oh damn, those are some solid changes. Just making things a lot better for online play.

I do think that people are still going to lose their shit over the Agape Ring though. That doesn't solve the Soul Memory problem, it just puts a nasty patch over it.

WELPS I just beat south park. woo, only 15 days into the month and I finished 2 games that i started this month, not too shabby. I'm thinking next I'll do The Wolf Among Us that a gaffer was so kind enough to gift me on christmas, after that I'll tackle Killer is Dead or The Evil Within if my bro isn't playing it yet(its his game so you know, if he plays it'll kick me out >.>)

AHA-Lambda

Just had a look through the patch notes for the big free patch for dark souls 2 in February, looks like the only new story content is one new character?

Bummer was hoping for more than that, mostly seems like gameplay tweaks apart from that.

Anustart

Just had a look through the patch notes for the big free patch for dark souls 2 in February, looks like the only new story content is one new character?

Bummer was hoping for more than that, mostly seems like gameplay tweaks apart from that.

Link?

Edit: Nevermind

Tizoc

DoA 5's 3rd tier got unlocked, we can all thank Honoka for that :V
...and I ain't post dem new gifs of her.

Backlogger

Sweet, been watching for a deal for Dragon Age II (Origin version) and I remembered back in 2012 I bought a digital Mac version from Amazon (was before I really knew what Steam was and was primarily gaming on a Mac). I tested the key on Steam figuring it was a long shot and would have had a heart attack had it redeemed. It did work on Origin though. Anyway, not sure what the point of the story is other than a key I bought 3 years ago that was only supposed to be for Mac redeemed on Origin (Mac and PC version). Still not a big EA fan, but the Origin service has slowly been winning me over since that Humble Bundle a while back.

zkylon

zkylewd
having your credit card declined in front of people is embarrassing lol

anyways i think i may try playing ys oath in whatever after i'm done with my current game. are there any mods or anything i should install before playing it?

MRORANGE

Steam Goty results might be delayed.

I've been busy with work, apologies, I have Friday night to get the voting counted up and making the results post ready so hopefully I can do it in one sitting.

Steam Goty results might be delayed.

I've been busy with work, apologies, I have Friday night to get the voting counted up and making the results post ready so hopefully I can do it in one sitting.

Ah. I was about to ask if results have been posted. Take you time.

Ehi guys, a strange thing happened here. For Sins of a Dark Age, I have another card to drop. Is that happened for you, guys?
I did cards when the game was released.

Same. I recall the same thing happening with another game too, Dungeonland maybe?

Not to gloat, but
B7XAufvCMAAyXSD.png:large

Now if it could sell, I think my week will have been made considerably better.

Oh please :p

It's gone up at least, it was selling for 11c last week.

tmarg

having your credit card declined in front of people is embarrassing lol

anyways i think i may try playing ys oath in whatever after i'm done with my current game. are there any mods or anything i should install before playing it?

I don't know about mods (I doubt there are any significant ones), but definitely make sure you set up your controls. The default scheme is terrible and it can only be changed in the config launcher, not in game.

I also needed to increase the dead zone setting slightly on the analog sticks, or else I'd keep ending up facing the wrong direction when I let it go back to neutral, which is weird because I've only ever had that problem with the Ys games.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know about mods (I doubt there are any significant ones), but definitely make sure you set up your controls. The default scheme is terrible and it can only be changed in the config launcher, not in game.

I also needed to increase the dead zone setting slightly on the analog sticks, or else I'd keep ending up facing the wrong direction when I let it go back to neutral, which is weird because I've only ever had that problem with the Ys games.

interesting, thanks

i remember trails in the sky being super weidr with the default controls too

Tizoc

Just left the dentist.
My right jaw feels numb lol.

Gott being delayd is a slight bummer for me but i wanna thank mrorange again for organizing it ;D

Tizoc

So Tizoc did you get the games from GMG or did you wait for Nuveem? :p
Got them from gmg some days ago
Due to me not wanting to buy directly from nuuvem via paypal it eould cost the same to ask some1 to buy the games for me from nuuvem and i paypl them the money.

dex3108

So we know that Tire 1 for GTA V Pre-Purchase rewards will be San Andreas (according SteamDB). OTher two Tires only contain GTA V so does that mean that we will get in-game items? Or R* didn't add those rewards yet?

Bigby

So they created app for Free to Play movie. I was thinking why cause it's been out for ages. Its app type is Video and its Metacritic name was Free To Play - Streaming Movie. Steam Video coming soon?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So we know that Tire 1 for GTA V Pre-Purchase rewards will be San Andreas (according SteamDB). OTher two Tires only contain GTA V so does that mean that we will get in-game items? Or R* didn't add those rewards yet?

About that:

Yeah, but if somebody pre-ordered early, during Tier 1, they'd have to re-order to get to Tier 2, thus the packages relating to the tiered rewards system doesn't make sense. That said, the subs could be pointing to pre-purchase tiers if R* simply doesn't know how the system works.

Is pre-ordering bullshit with tiered rewards now a thing? Triple A is turning me off more and more

The tiered rewards system debuted all the way back in 2012.

zkylon

zkylewd
i get it that she's wearing a sweater but i can't help but see saoirse's arm going all like melty

wow i didn't know that, but its definitely more prevalent now.
nah, i think it's pretty much only doa, tho i haven't been keeping up lately

i know tomb raider had it and a few more games at the time it started out but i think it's died down for a while

which was good because that system was bullshit

Knurek

Started Alice: Madness Returns

For the third time, maybe this time I'll finish the game.

First time I played, I run into a elevator glitch. Since the game autosaved just after the glitch occured and it only has one save, I was borked.
Second time I played, I did it on my spare Pentium (when my main CPU fried) - game was simply unplayable with the amount of stutter texture streaming and decompression introduced on a 2 thread CPU.
So far reached Hatter's Domain, so still early in the game. It looks absolutely gorgeous, although there's still some stutter while streaming. Weird since I have a 4 thread CPU and am playing from a SSD... :\ Anyone knows how to make the game behave? I didn't change anything other than remove the 30fps lock and ticked the PhysX to medium...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom