• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2015-01-15_15-41-02.jpg

;)

Deques

Catching up to the thread. My LP of Tengami is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBV0BzgCxw

Neat pop-up book mechanics.
so-so puzzles
excellent visuals
wish bgm was a bit better

My LP of QP shooting dangerous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iIpksHidk

It's a wonky bullet hell. You can see your tiny hitbox by holding a button down. Wish there was a trigger for it.

Also I believe Fentomena has an LP of QP shooting dangerous but I couldn't find it :/

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x46IrAQiC3E

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
When did Steam reviews get a funny tag?

Now to tag that Broforce review as funny.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm the only person that has tagged the Broforce COMMUNISM review as funny. Step up, Senpais. :(

fantomena

Received my Resident Evil Remake review code. Freaking excited! Never played the game before.

Embargo lifts monday next week 17:00 CET

Edit: 16.8 GB shit.

Finally came around watching this.
My Let's Play of Grav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nYs22yFDuQ

Quick Impressions: I am so glad that I didn't play this game more when I initially loaded it up. The differences in performance/quality in just a few short days has practically given me whiplash. When I first played Grav, the server browser took at least a minute to populate. Then when connecting, it took another ten minutes just to get into the world. THEN, just moving around my framerate was real bad and hit detection was abysmal.

But now, it's like a playable game. The server window populates immediately. Connecting to a game takes three minutes, which isn't so bad because it is syncing all of the changes done by the players to the world. My framerate issues, while not the best, are leagues better than where they once were and are now playable on my i5 Sandy Bridge/R9 290 rig.

Gathering certain resources can be tough, but I found that going into a dungeon contains a greater amount of hard-to-find resources. Dying is a tough pill to swallow, but can be made okay if you can retrieve your gear. Retrieving your gear early on can be a hard proposition as you don't have any of the materials necessary to build a locator, so chances are when you die, you'll be getting a message that someone pilfered your stuff.

Healing in the game without stimkits requires you to make a campfire and dance around it. The more people dancing around it, the faster you regain health. But right now, most everyone I see in the game is a griefer, so dancing around a campfire is a huge signal to griefers that you are ripe for the picking.

Not everything is fully baked into the GUI, like if you want to change your FoV you have to type "fov ###" in the console to change that. Not a big deal really. Max settable FoV is 170.

Killing mobs grants you XP and they also have a chance of dropping color-coded loot for quality/rarity. It's never something you can directly equip, instead it's stuff to build equipment or housing.

Gathering resources is mostly done by your catch-all "Multi-tool" gun. Some resources are harder to find than others, but thankfully you don't necessarily have to build factories or armories to fashion armor/weapons. Provided you can find someone elses equipment, as long as they don't lock it, which they generally don't, you can quickly make a better weapon and armor pretty quickly.

As far as Early Access titles go, the progress the devs have made including the sweeping changes in performance have me optimistic.​
This looks ok I'd say. Framerate was definetely not very good but being just released I think it's just fair to give the devs a bit time.
In its current state it looks a bit too repetitive imo though.
"Griefer"? Hear it for the first time. But the game should be playable without connecting to other players, no? Hope the design is not made for MMO-like gameplay. SIngle this looks way more appealing to me.
My Let's Play of Squirreltopia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM5WSYorFUs

A hardcore 2D Platformer. I prefer Super Meatboy in almost all respects but it definitely has it's own mechanics in which the levels have been modeled against. Essentially, you need to build up inertia before attempting to cross any chasms, otherwise if you don't you'll most likely just plummet to your death. And naturally, the game is punctuated with many different platforms that demand you to slow down. Narrow platforms, exploding platforms, disappearing platforms.

It's fun and it has bosses! I don't know how many or even if the boss can be killed because I ragequit at the end of the first set of levels XD.​
I don't have the resolve to play rage games in general but I have to admit, it was fun watching you loose your temper slightly & subsequent rage quit at the boss :p
The happy-go music makes the rage gameplay only better, haha.
Sorry if already posted. Dark Souls 2 patch notes :
Woah. That's a lot of changes.

Phawx

This looks ok I'd say. Framerate was definetely not very good but being just released I think it's just fair to give the devs a bit time.
In its current state it looks a bit too repetitive imo though.
"Griefer"? Hear it for the first time. But the game should be playable without connecting to other players, no? Hope the design is not made for MMO-like gameplay. SIngle this looks way more appealing to me.

You can make your own private server. So yea, you wouldn't have to worry about griefers in that instance. But if you'd think about going that route, best to get friends otherwise it would be very boring.

Also yea, the game can be grind-y. But I was compelled to explore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Just thought I'd let you all know that we're now accepting applications for the Agarest 2 beta.

Taken from the blog http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-2-steam-beta-applications-open

"With the port of Agarest 2 coming along very nicely now, you’ll be pleased to hear that we’re just about ready to open applications for the Agarest 2 Steam beta! We’ve actually had a small, handpicked team of beta testers looking at the game for the last couple of days in preparation for this, so we’ve already made a start on it.

To join them in the Agarest 2 closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 18th January, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the testing phase of Agarest 2. This may include information like, details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing or simply declaring your undying love for the genre. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application. :)"

Regarding Way of the Samurai. Unfortunately it's taking longer than we expected. We're still hoping to get it out in time for the end of January but it might slip beyond that, I'll try and get more information for you in the next blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom