• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

^Someone should make a Discussion Thread for that release =O

Just thought I'd let you all know that we're now accepting applications for the Agarest 2 beta.

Taken from the blog http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/agarest-2-steam-beta-applications-open

"With the port of Agarest 2 coming along very nicely now, you’ll be pleased to hear that we’re just about ready to open applications for the Agarest 2 Steam beta! We’ve actually had a small, handpicked team of beta testers looking at the game for the last couple of days in preparation for this, so we’ve already made a start on it.

To join them in the Agarest 2 closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 18th January, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the testing phase of Agarest 2. This may include information like, details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing or simply declaring your undying love for the genre. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application. :)"

Regarding Way of the Samurai. Unfortunately it's taking longer than we expected. We're still hoping to get it out in time for the end of January but it might slip beyond that, I'll try and get more information for you in the next blog.

Take your time! January is already packed with RE1 and Life is Strange that may steal the spotlight from it.
Long as the game will run fine at 60 FPS+No screen tearing and with good enough AA options I think you would have done the game justice.
How much would the game be going for BTW?

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Take your time! January is already packed with RE1 and Life is Strange that may steal the spotlight from it.
Long as the game will run fine at 60 FPS+No screen tearing and with good enough AA options I think you would have done the game justice.
How much would the game be going for BTW?

Pricing is not confirmed yet but I'd imagine it would be in the same range as our other Steam releases,

Knurek

Just thought I'd let you all know that we're now accepting applications for the Agarest 2 beta.

Ross, while you're here, can your company share more about about Steam performance of titles?
Obviously you're happy with Agarest/Zero, otherwise 2 would not be happening. What about Elminage though? That seemed to have slipped under the radar for many people, the fact that Steam counts 64% positive reviews as 'mixed' certainly doesn't help. It would be nice to know if a potential underperforming title means no further plans for other dungeon crawlers. Which would be a sad thing, for me at least. :)
I'm not expecting numbers (although I and many people here would likely appreciate that data, or a milestone tweet like the one from Falcom earlier this week), but surely you could just give the general gist of things?

Vazduh

Double Dragon Trilogy http://store.steampowered.com/app/314150/

header.jpg

3.8$ at nuuvem (cheaper for eu buyers than buying on steam store)

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2600-double-dragon-trilogy

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Ross, while you're here, can your company share more about about Steam performance of titles?
Obviously you're happy with Agarest/Zero, otherwise 2 would not be happening. What about Elminage though? That seemed to have slipped under the radar for many people, the fact that Steam counts 64% positive reviews as 'mixed' certainly doesn't help. It would be nice to know if a potential underperforming title means no further plans for other dungeon crawlers. Which would be a sad thing, for me at least. :)
I'm not expecting numbers (although I and many people here would likely appreciate that data, or a milestone tweet like the one from Falcom earlier this week), but surely you could just give the general gist of things?

I can't say too much on the performance of the games I'm afraid. NDA's and all that :(

At the moment we don't really have any other dungeon crawlers in the works but to be honest that's more to do with already having quite a few games on our plate (including a few I can't announce yet).

I'd personally like to do some more dungeon crawlers as I kind of got into Elminage Gothic but we'll have to see about it.

Well, it's dotEMU, what did you exactly expect?
Such a pity M2 doesn't release their ports on Steam. :(

Well I wasn't really interested anyway (Double Dragon Advance and to a much lesser extent Neon are the only DD games worth playing IMO) but when I saw the weird joystick-looking icon in the trailer all of my potential interest slipped away.

I already own Raiden Legacy. What a travesty.

Parsnip

I was looking at stuff in database again and noticed that REmaster package was named Mansion before they changed it to REmaster. Cute.

Also, Saints Row series free weekend incoming.

Miguel81

Well I wasn't really interested anyway (Double Dragon Advance and to a much lesser extent Neon are the only DD games worth playing IMO) but when I saw the weird joystick-looking icon in the trailer all of my potential interest slipped away.

DD Advance looks neat. I never played the arcade Double Dragon games much, so I'll drop some change on this pack. NES versions were all the rage when I was growing up, especially DD2 The Revenge.

Chariot

Man, Steam customer service is really shit. I send them an angry mail about the holiday cards not being marketable a hour to early and they just answered me with a generic "we read your comment kthxbye"-message. It was also in german despite my message being in english.

Chariot said:
I am very sad. I guess this is not a bug, but malicious intend. The holiday cards were on the market the whole two weeks of the sale, even a few days before. You could sell and buy them at will. And then, 1 hours before the sale ends and before they expire you just take the ability to use them in the market, without any kind of warning. I don't understand this, I always thought that Valve isn't supposed to be like Ubisoft or EA, but apparently someone is greedy enough to snatch the pennies of everyone to enrich themselves.
Steam Support said:
vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht an das Steam Support Team.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die späte Rückantwort.

Danke für Ihre Kommentare. Feedback aus der Steam Community ist uns sehr
wichtig. Wir werden Ihren Beitrag entsprechend weiterleiten.

Falls Sie Ihre Meinung teilen möchten oder weitere Ideen haben, können Sie
diese auch im Ideen/Vorschläge Teil der Steam Foren mit der Community
besprechen:
Steam Support, you suck. Hard.

--
I got an email. Some facebook shit.
Amazing, thank you! I hope I win.

Arthea

Hey, people keep reposting things I posted ages ago.
Let me be the one to repost for once =p

the better question is to buy it or not to buy. I kinda want to believe it will be good, but I just can't.

Check what? That I've finished AC Unity? Go ahead?

I was joking (I need this tag, seriously, all week? year? I post mostly this), you could have played along...

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth too.

free weekend of Civ:BE? Are you sure?
I ask because I have no place on my hd also I have other plans, but that's less important

Weekend
Civilization Beyond Earth 40% off FREE WEEKEND

oh boy, what to do now

Turfster

Daily Warframe Honor Pack 50% off
Weekend
  • Saints Row IV 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Civilization Beyond Earth 40% off FREE WEEKEND

Humble Daily Eldritch 85% off

Parsnip

I was joking (I need this tag, seriously, all week? year? I post mostly this), you could have played along...

I don't know what's even happening anymore.

Daily Warframe Honor Pack 50% off
Weekend
  • Saints Row IV 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Civilization Beyond Earth 40% off FREE WEEKEND

Humble Daily Eldritch 85% off

And there it is. How does DLC work on free weekends? I never grabbed any of the SR4 dlc, but have the base game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for trailmix16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alchemy Mysteries- -- MB-CEAE3C8E14BF6915 - Taken by Deques. 4 entrants total.

t1421345603z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for trailmix16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Squirreltopia- #7 -- MB-8575371F7E108723 - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #6 -- MB-56E8FFABD176D398 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #5 -- MB-FECE8931205F92E2 - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #4 -- MB-0888B4EB8207F662 - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #3 -- MB-8E6D4C1CB44FDB31 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #2 -- MB-86404158DE287617 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #11 -- MB-332279BF4BD4C74E - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #10 -- MB-78FA96F59CEE3F99 - Taken by Bayonetta. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #16 -- MB-10247E0594107DE4 - Taken by JustLynx. 3 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #15 -- MB-5F5C9F1CFE33C840 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #9 -- MB-192DCCC1AA12DF21 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #8 -- MB-FE101DCD8EA7EBB7 - Taken by Locust. 2 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #17 -- MB-355C4ADA130DA971 - Taken by Water. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #14 -- MB-D525F93984EF0662 - Taken by pahamrick. 3 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #19 -- MB-B90BF1A390F611AA - Taken by Lain. 2 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- -- MB-ABF22B5A239FD91F - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #13 -- MB-4D060CC50EAFCACD - Taken by Servizio. 2 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #18 -- MB-2025FBEAAAFD8923 - Taken by Lomax. 2 entrants total.
Squirreltopia- #12 -- MB-D06FC287C96F71EE - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.

t1421346188z1.png

Arthea

I decided I'll skip free weekend of Civ:BE, I'll wait till they'll fix a game buy releasing expansions and then buy complete version of it. I'm not in a hurry after all, I'm not even done with Civ5 yet.

Meikyuu Cross Blood would be so, so amazing to have in English...
I mean, seriously:

That looks nice! Why I never heard of it? no English version anywhere, I suppose?

ExoSoul

Banned
0.41 cents away from SR UFP.... what's with my luck? -_-

Anyway, I'll give it a spin if the dl finishes before the time limit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And there it is. How does DLC work on free weekends? I never grabbed any of the SR4 dlc, but have the base game.

Free Weekends use an Auto Grant sub type and I can't say I've ever seen one that includes optional DLC.

how exactly do I install my now written off weekend of civ? Theres no install button, and it isn;t automagically in my library even after a Steam restart

Arthea

That daily deal made me go "wat". DLC _and_ it's only 50% off. :p

*edit* It released today and it's the daily deal? Has that ever happened before?

Not that I remember, and I would remember such thing

how exactly do I install my now written off weekend of civ? Theres no install button, and it isn;t automagically in my library even after a Steam restart

It should appear in your library after steam restart. If it didn't something went wrong. Start restarting again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom