• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should wait for DDR4/PCIe4 right now DDR3 prices are high and are only going to get higher (if you follow typical trends on ram pricing).

So not only are you looking at getting higher single threaded IPC, you'd most likely get better/faster/capacity RAM at better prices.

If you can wait, I would.
thanks for the advice! i will probably hold out till this fall. i assume skylake will come out at a similar time as devils canyon did last year.
one year ain't that much.

would suck though if skylake cpu/mobos were super expensive.

abracadaver

I'm stuck in Shadow Warrior

It's some kind of small town level and I don't know where to go. This is level 3 or 4 I think.

There is also this thing:

2015-01-03_00001dqs3e.jpg

Am I supposed to do something with that? I remember there was some kind of special sword move that let you activate some things but I don't know how to or where to do it. Help please

Lomax

Played about 10 minutes of Major Mayhem. It's clearly an iOS port. Basically it's a HOTD/Time Crisis style rail shooter, only with no time limit, and you're invincible if you're not shooting, and you can deflect enemy projectiles if you are shooting, and it's stupidly easy, and you almost never need to reload but if you do it's instant and again you're in no danger, and it's got flash graphics, and it's got the Jetpack Joyride style "mission" progression, and there are a ton of levels. It's clearly made for touch devices. I dunno. I don't see much to recommend here as a PC game.

It is precisely as you said.
And I found it a perfect game to play during a period when I felt a lot of playing/life fatigue and I needed some light and super easy stuff to clear my mind.

I found it pretty entertaining in a mindless, compulsive sort of way. It's definitely as you describe, but it does a pretty good job of doing that, and the weapon variety actually makes a difference in play style. After a certain point it also becomes more of a high score game than anything else, which adds a different level of challenge. I'd recommend anyone who has it sitting around from a bundle give it a shot if it seems at all appealing.

Articalys

Something I've been wondering for a bit, since I don't have an iPhone: is the iOS version of the Steam mobile app any more up-to-date in functionality than the Android version?

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member

It's some kind of small town level and I don't know where to go. This is level 3 or 4 I think.

Am I supposed to do something with that? I remember there was some kind of special sword move that let you activate some things but I don't know how to or where to do it. Help please

If I remember it right you can find instructions for the technique you need in the skills menu.
I think you're supposed to destroy multiple posts like tha one that unseal a door.

Up-Up , LMB I think is the move you have to do to destroy that.

I've been lurking since a bit before e3 but I just got approved last night. So, how's it going Steamgaf?
welcome fresh-blood.. i mean new friend!
Silly cousin of mine gifted me dark souls 2 after the sale ended. I'll take it gladly, but he hurt his wallet!
he bought it during sale but waited till after sale to gift it?
I think it is, the Android version haven't been updated in ages.
you're not a blonde beauty. not at all.
real pic january sucks.
:p

Lomax

Wow, there's just no interest in Fallen Enchantress at all... isn't even in the top 100 played on a free weekend and at 75% off it is barely cracking the top 40.

Accoun

I'm mad. Went shopping with family (for 3 hours. Most of the time I read V For Vendetta in one of the bookstores, luckily), bought a mouse. When I opened it at home it was dirty. Like, there was dust and (I think) wood dirt inside the packaging. ;_;

Barbarian

Wow, there's just no interest in Fallen Enchantress at all... isn't even in the top 100 played on a free weekend and at 75% off it is barely cracking the top 40.

I noticed that. Not sure it was a good strategy to have the sale immediately after the winter sale. Everyone's steam wallets are probably tapped out, and $10 doesn't sound as low as it might otherwise.

Annubis

I just finished watching a really depressing local TV serie and I feel like shit now (good show though)
Time to play Nekopara and clean that bad aftertaste.

TheLight

IIRC, hit w 2 times and left click to destroy the latern things

Parsnip

Was looking at January games, and not a ton there that I'm in a rush to buy.
Maybe Gat Out of Hell, depending on how meaty it is.

Turfster

Don't you need to make a bullshit stardock account to be able to play it?
That's a big "fuck you publisher, I'm not going to bother with your stupid game" right there =p

Nete

Is King Arthur any good? I don't think it reviewed very well.

I didn't like it at all. It's a brainless arcaderized Total War (yep, much more than vainilla TWs), and that is the complete opposite of what I look for on these games.

I've only played the first one. No idea idea how different or worse/better is the sequel.

autoduelist

I had asked a question about bundles notification yesterday; just did some digging in settings, and it turns out you can set isthereanydeal to let you know if a bundle comes out with a game in your waitlist in it. It's under settings, under 'special settings'. You need to turn on 3 options to get it all set up right, but it should theoretically send you a email only if a bundle contains a game on your wishlist. You'd still get regular bundle emails from humble or IR or whoever, so this would be a secondary email to make sure you know the bundle is important to you (as well as cover 'lesser' bundle sites you don't pay attention to).

I just got it set up, so won't know how well it works for awhile.

I turned on:
1) Notify me about new gaming bundles.
2) Notify me when Special changes.
3) Notify me about bundles only when they contain game from my Waitlist.

Nope, he bought it today.
you have to teach your cousin the ways steam-fu obviously then.

also, totally forgot about january's release. even with gta5. the game i'm most interested in is Dying Light. love the visuals, how drastically gameplay changes between day & night. and first-person parkouring in general is much to my liking.

louiedog

I set my girlfriend up with a Steam account and give her duplicates from bundles I think she'll enjoy. She hasn't bought anything on Steam yet and has no market access. If I buy DLC for How To Survive as a gift on her account and send it to my account will that give her market access to sell her cards or does that not satisfy the requirements?

womp

That How to Survive seems like a no brainer at $1.99. Looking forward to trying it later.

I am already missing getting up and having a daily sale to look to these days. As a new Steam member, it was a ton of fun. :(

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for DriftedPlanet:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DriftedPlanet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-B196CD63911855E6 - Taken by someguyinahat. 13 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-E0817C65AFC93360 - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-69EB9D5F49B1A05E - Taken by D3RANG3D. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-83779CC8E4BB5524 - Taken by StarlordDial. 5 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-65B01D31B26EDB76 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 4 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-6B4CEC739BBB52ED
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG) -- MB-0BA47B1BC258F0EA - Taken by Water. 1 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-86ACEF911BBE18D4 - Taken by Blu(e). 3 entrants total.

t1420332832z1.png
Good luck, guys and gals.

Chariot

x
Depends on how fast you
fap
;)
:O

So.... This game gets the "Chariot Approves this" label?
;P
If you like cute kitties :3

Just two hours?
Was expecting double that time.

I guess I'd take a bit longer since I didn't play the demo.
Ah right, I skipped through the parts that I already saw in the demo, which was the majority of chapter 1 and I was lacking the sex. I also read pretty fast. So it should be a bit more for other people.

dex3108

Holy shit Mass Effect 2 is one repetitive game for GOTY/GOAT contender :D I can't play that game more than 2-3 missions before taking a break. Every single mission until now (i played game for 18 hours) is identica. Got there, roam around corridors and kill waves of enemies, fight mini-boss, talk. I am really struggling to finish this game and i really liked ME1. In ME1 at least i could manage my weapons and enemies were harder. But i need to finish it so i can start playing Talos :D

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really late but happy new year guys <3

Happy New Year!

A bit disappointed here.

I bought Red Alert 3 and Ridge Racer Unbounded for myself and a friend so we could do some multiplayer.
We wanted to do Red Alert 3 co-op campaign first but apparently you can't anymore. It used to use Gamespy which has been closed. We found out later there may be a way around it with something called C&C Online, but we'll have to try that next time.
Ridge Racer Unbounded wouldn't let us connect either. I'm not even sure if this service has been closed or not but it wouldn't work for us. Maybe it's simply having problems, anyone else try this recently?

It would be nice whenever games have their online services closed down to write it large on their store pages. It might have been somewhere small on there but I missed it. I feel a little duped to be honest. It's not a lot of money and I'll enjoy the singleplayer someday I'm sure, but I bought these for multiplayer.

I believe RR's online servers are still up. I played some user challenges earlier and it worked fine.

Holy shit Mass Effect 2 is one repetitive game for GOTY/GOAT contender :D I can't play that game more than 2-3 missions before taking a break. Every single mission until now (i played game for 18 hours) is identica. Got there, roam around corridors and kill waves of enemies, fight mini-boss, talk. I am really struggling to finish this game and i really liked ME1. In ME1 at least i could manage my weapons and enemies were harder. But i need to finish it so i can start playing Talos :D

Just stop now. It doesn't get better, in fact it gets worse .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom