• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

I started mass effect not long ago. Made it to an ice world, found son building surrounded by guns. Wwhoo buddy, my crew is getting molly whopped in there.

D3RANG3D

I got that King Arthur Bundle, I had the first game and some of the DLC, and it just made a new entry for the collection so now I'm stuck with two copies of King Arthur 1 in my game list muh OCD.

dani_dc

I just got
8QUGfeX.jpg

and I'm LMAO

I actually toned down the bounciness e-mote setting <.<

derExperte

Holy shit Mass Effect 2 is one repetitive game for GOTY/GOAT contender :D I can't play that game more than 2-3 missions before taking a break. Every single mission until now (i played game for 18 hours) is identica. Got there, roam around corridors and kill waves of enemies, fight mini-boss, talk. I am really struggling to finish this game and i really liked ME1. In ME1 at least i could manage my weapons and enemies were harder. But i need to finish it so i can start playing Talos :D

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME3.

The only good that could come out of it (other than the Citadel DLC) is that you'll think a bit better of ME2.

Fitting thread.

Ruruja

Holy shit Mass Effect 2 is one repetitive game for GOTY/GOAT contender :D I can't play that game more than 2-3 missions before taking a break. Every single mission until now (i played game for 18 hours) is identica. Got there, roam around corridors and kill waves of enemies, fight mini-boss, talk. I am really struggling to finish this game and i really liked ME1. In ME1 at least i could manage my weapons and enemies were harder. But i need to finish it so i can start playing Talos :D

d9McMKu.gif

derExperte

ME3 has a fucking amazing multiplayer, he should play it just for that.

I thought that too for the first 10 hours, then it got stale very quickly even when playing around with the classes. Not enough variety in the missions was my biggest problem.

MadGear

I hope this year we will get official infos about HL3. It is about time.

Stop fooling yourself, we'll much rather see a new Left 4 Dead or a completely new (obviously multiplayer focused) IP by Valve.

On a brighter side, this year we will definitely get some info on the next Doom which I'm oddly hyped for (given it is a game i know nothing about).
But speaking of Doom and Half Life, Doom 3 and HL2 released "almost" neck to neck, so maybe history will repeat itself ;)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Finally got this in the mail:
XQKU9RQl.jpg

Hopefully they can send a copy of Fate Milestone Two physically + steam code whenever that comes up as well.

KainXVIII

Multiplayer in ME3? When you shoot same respawning monsters in tiny rooms but in coop? In what universe its fun?

user237

Steam reviews should show the reviewer's achievement count (when available) instead or in addition to the hours played.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I was going to put up my Meet N' Fuck: Street Racing OT today, but now I'm not so sure.

Stop fooling yourself, we'll much rather see a new Left 4 Dead or a completely new (obviously multiplayer focused) IP by Valve.

On a brighter side, this year we will definitely get some info on the next Doom which I'm oddly hyped for (given it is a game i know nothing about).
But speaking of Doom and Half Life, Doom 3 and HL2 released "almost" neck to neck, so maybe history will repeat itself ;)

Why am I fooling myself? If Valve doesn't show HL3 or at least any game using Source Engine 2.0, they will be shooting themselves in the knees if they do that in a distant future since it will lose any interest due to time passing and the competetion of the plethora of strong game engines

Steam reviews should show the reviewer's achievement count (when available) instead or in addition to the hours played.

"Dude gave a review to Tales of Maj'Eyal...he played 40 hours but only has 1% of the achievements. Pff, must be a fucking idler. Nobody cares what he has to say."

I started Shovel Knight. Wow the controls and physics are spot on! The game feels great.

But I suck. I died here 2 times already trying to retrieve my spoils. Is there a way to get them without dying? That narrow platform is a bitch to land and stay on.

"Are you sure you want to quit? You will lose all progress and spoils from this stage!" -- What a way to hook you in, haha.

Also what's the penalty for dying in this game, besides going back to the last checkpoint and losing your [fully retrievable?] spoils (which I guess is gold?). Is it infinite lives?

Nabs

Drift Stage (Early Alpha Demo) is up! http://supersystems.itch.io/driftstagealpha

Vlsj6sq.gif

I started Shovel Knight. Wow the controls and physics are spot on! The game feels great.

But I suck. I died here 2 times already trying to retrieve my spoils. Is there a way to get them without dying? That narrow platform is a bitch to land and stay on.

"Are you sure you want to quit? You will lose all progress and spoils from this stage!" -- What a way to hook you in, haha.

Fish 'em out!

gngf123

I'm no team dfc member but I set the chest bounciness slider straight to the minimum setting when first booting up the demo.

Stand on the lower ledge of the chasm with the spoilers and edge out as far as you can without falling.

I'm no team dfc member but I set the chest bounciness slider straight to the minimum setting when first booting up the demo.

Dunno what team dfc is, but it sounds awful.

man, i really wish all mass effects with all dlcs were available for cheap.

i played them totally chaotically on friends pcs and ps3. no saves were cross used, so i missed out i feel.

just yesterday i watched a friends broadcast of mass effect 2 a bit and man, does it look nice.

tmarg

Try using the fishing rod to get those. There are definitely places you'll just have to give up the loot though.

Hello, SteamGAF.
Currently replaying New Vegas (to actually finish the game). Is it normal that the game hang/not responding sometimes at around half to an hour mark of gameplay? Is the game still bugged or is there are mods to overcome that?

xezuru

something about the gif hurts my eyes & head. maybe i should watch a video of it.

This makes me wish we got an import / Steam localization of the PS3 Initial D game so bad.
Between Initial D and Sonic Racing Transformed, I would never need another racing game again.

MRORANGE

Over 70 votes so far, doubt we are going to beat our previous poll turnout.

jHvBOTN.png

Welcome to the 2nd SteamGAF GOTY Award, every year gaffers choose choose games they thought were GOTY contenders on Steam,
game with the highest point score is crowned SteamGAF's GOTY. Check out last year's nail-biting results.

Rules and deadline:
- Up to 5 games can be chosen
- 1st choice gets 5 points, 2nd choice gets 4 points and so on ... 5th game will get 1 point.
- You can write a short paragraph on why you the the 1st choice is a GOTY contender.
- Game must be on Steam and released from 2014
- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY
- Re-release in 2014 are allowed in the Steam GOTY, for example FFXIII
- APS used if it's a tie, like last time >_>
- Vote thrown if the bin if you fail to follow rules
t1420848000z0.png

How to vote:
Copy this and send me a PM:

Code:
[B]Game 5 (1 point) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 4 (2 points) [/B]: INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 3 (3 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 2 (4 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE
[B]Game 1  (5 points) :[/B] INSERT GAME NAME HERE