• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not El Shaddai
ibjNTGFtD2MiJw.gif

derExperte

WIN 10 gonna blow everyone out of the water man when you see what Phil Spencer has cooking you will be utterly flabergasted! The Microsoft team have worked extra hard to make sure PC Gamers are well taken care of. Microsoft has the power and tenacity to finally do what giants like EA or UBISOFT have failed--take down Valve. Soon we shall all rejoice at no longer being held hostage.

I like how right after that whole Master Race thread there's now a hype train picture which says PC Master Race on the front and a bunch of people can't wait to get on it. I also don't understand what's going on in there in general and why they are excited despite me myself looking forward to W10 but that's a minor point.

Tizoc

some hints would be nice! ;)
also how's Way of the Samurai 4 fearing? I've seen your post about possible delay, I hope it won't be too long.

Honestly, to me Feb. sounds really close if they say they're going through some hurdles with the port. So if they manage to get it out by Feb. and have it run real good they would've done a good job.

Monooboe

Meanwhile in Alphadia Genesis
bbbbut DOS is old school too!

Yeah but it did new things and did them well!:D

if anything i feel like it'll be more modern because it seems like it'll have actually a decent interface and user experience streamlining

Mm I think I need to check up on it more, I mean it is a gametype that I really do love.

I did preorder PoE: Champion edition though! I couldn't resist when it cost the same as the Hero Edition.

Arthea

Honestly, to me Feb. sounds really close if they say they're going through some hurdles with the port. So if they manage to get it out by Feb. and have it run real good they would've done a good job.

ya, February is fine,
I was fishing fort more news, did they resolve problems with it already and all that (><)

I like how right after that whole Master Race thread there's now a hype train picture which says PC Master Race on the front and a bunch of people can't wait to get on it. I also don't understand what's going on in there in general and why they are excited despite me myself looking forward to W10 but that's a minor point.

And I think a lot of them might be Xbox fans...

Uzzy

Daenerys as queen and Stannis as Hand, believe!

You really think that Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm would ever bend the knee, even to Muh Mother of Dragons? Please.

Why is there a hype train for the Win10 event?

Because people are lunatics with short memories. I'm expecting at best we'll get some integration with Xbox Live, that'll feature paid online, one or two exclusive Xbone games and future titles to be 'announced'.

Arthea

so, there really is a hype train for windows event? Now I've seen everything

You really think that Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm would ever bend the knee, even to Muh Mother of Dragons? Please

I approve this post

You really think that Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm would ever bend the knee, even to Muh Mother of Dragons? Please.
With the
Others
coming, the major powers ought to join force. When Stannis learns the true meaning of Christmas duty, he'll come around.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
some hints would be nice! ;)
also how's Way of the Samurai 4 fearing? I've seen your post about possible delay, I hope it won't be too long.

We're so busy with Agarest 2, WotS and of course Flame Over, that I haven't really had much time to think about it. However when we get a bit closer to the point that we're able to announce them I'll try to come up with some teasers.

As for Way of the Samurai. It's hard to tell really. Things can suddenly come together quite quickly when working on games but I suspect it will be out after January. I'm going to talk to a few people and see if I can get a better estimate for next week's blog post.

yuraya

Are people really expecting some giant megaton game anouncement at a Windows 10 event?

MS will most likely just announce something along the lines of PSnow. I doubt they let Sony get such a massive head start with all the streaming nonsense.

As for PC. I think they will just talk about new DirectX. Maybe announce some ports.

Edit: Apparently Phil Spencer is speaking at the event. I think that is why people believe there will be new game announcement maybe.

Ozium

absolutely disgusting.. I don't get how this is supposedly a banned thing on GAF but I see it damn near every day.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
We're trying to decide between "Auf mein zeichen" and "Auf mein Befehl"...the former seems to have some connotation of being very visual/in person.

As a German I must say I like "Auf mein Zeichen" better. But both should work.

But it's spelled "Auf meinen Befehl" :)

Terra_Ex

We're so busy with Agarest 2, WotS and of course Flame Over, that I haven't really had much time to think about it. However when we get a bit closer to the point that we're able to announce them I'll try to come up with some teasers.

As for Way of the Samurai. It's hard to tell really. Things can suddenly come together quite quickly when working on games but I suspect it will be out after January. I'm going to talk to a few people and see if I can get a better estimate for next week's blog post.
Really looking forward to playing WotS4 again. Can you tell me whether the feature where you encounter other players samurais going to be in the PC version?

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
I'm not finding more info about Flame Over, what game is it?

It's a Firefighting roguelike that plays a bit like a twin stick shooter that Laughing Jackal* are developing.

The plan is that it's going to be coming to Vita first and then other platforms after that and you can see a trailer and more info here http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/15/first-gameplay-footage-ps-vita-pyroguelike-flame/

*Declaration of interest. Despite the username I'm technically employed by Laughing Jackal. I just do an awful lot of work on the Ghostlight side of things. Largely because I'm the office JRPG geek,

Arthea

It's a Firefighting roguelike that plays a bit like a twin stick shooter that Laughing Jackal* are developing.

The plan is that it's going to be coming to Vita first and then other platforms after that and you can see a trailer and more info here http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/15/first-gameplay-footage-ps-vita-pyroguelike-flame/

*Declaration of interest. Despite the username I'm technically employed by Laughing Jackal. I just do an awful lot of work on the Ghostlight side of things. Largely because I'm the office JRPG geek,

Keep pushing those JRPGs, I appreciate that!

Yeah, seems like almost any zombie game will sell a ton, especially those that really emphasize the survival aspect.

you know what's funny, those are games I absolutely can't understand appeal of, and I like all kinds of games, except those most popular on steam, it would seem. That's sad in it's own way for many reasons, one of those is that I wish those resources were spent on other games and another: I seem to be completely out of touch with the main steam crowd, like in the different universe even. (><)

Tizoc

I'm not a big fan of roguelikes but I'll give it a try once it is out.
Which reminds me of Rosco McQueen....Fire Fighter Extreme.

fantomena

Have made my first custom YouTube thumbnail, so will start doing that forward. Have also fixed some of my voice problems so that my videos have better sound and better voice (from me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom