• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakkue

anyone got double dragon trilogy? any opinions about how good the port is?
->
Double Dragon 1 port it plays like it was one of those sprite rip clones, like it was done on the beats of rage engine and then they totally fucked up, the performance is all over the place.

Double Dragon 2 plays ok it no way near as janky, it does have some of the weird performance issues though.

Double Dragon 3 This game is just bad, but the glaring thing is their is an item shop in this game that uses coins as in real money the problem is no arcade machine probably a left over from the android version which I am sure had some IAP. If someone figures this out let me know.

:Looks up reviews all those rose tinted steam reviews lol.

In it's current state I can't recommend it for more than a buck.

Nabs

Completed Ys II, for me is the best chapter of the series.
A lot of small villages, a lot of dungeons, nice sidequests. Maybe the only issue is the final boss is too easy compared with bosses you faced before.
And basically XSeed made the right choice on presenting Ys I+II as a "collection", since they are basically one game, splitted in two parts.

I'm glad you liked it. More people need to give Ys 2 a shot, especially if they played the first one.

What are some of your favorite games that are same screen co-op fun?

Trine 2. It's fun to break things.

derExperte

Knurek

Since this indeed is SteamGAF we talked about it right after release and not one day later. Get on our level!

And I should've grabbed tier 2 when the average was ~4$. Now I don't know.

If it does drop on the second to last day, I'll BTA
If not, I'll just $1 it.
Bound to be a few hundred bots buying the $1 tier for reselling keys, that should drop the average by a bit.

Lain

Since this indeed is SteamGAF we talked about it right after release and not one day later. Get on our level!

And I should've grabbed tier 2 when the average was ~4$. Now I don't know.

Yeah me too. I saw it go from 4.10 to 4.07 so I thought it would go down, not up and waited. I guess I goofed up.

derExperte

I got the email from HB just today :(

Do you also wait for Steam to notify you that a game on your wishlist is on sale? Snake pls.

Yeah, seems like almost any zombie game will sell a ton, especially those that really emphasize the survival aspect.

Does H1Z1 have anything that sets it apart from the rest? Made by Sony? MMO (but you can play the other games with others too)? I don't get it either.

Getting strong Nexuiz vibes from this. And we know how that turned out.

It's a Firefighting roguelike that plays a bit like a twin stick shooter that Laughing Jackal* are developing.

The plan is that it's going to be coming to Vita first and then other platforms after that and you can see a trailer and more info here http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/15/first-gameplay-footage-ps-vita-pyroguelike-flame/

*Declaration of interest. Despite the username I'm technically employed by Laughing Jackal. I just do an awful lot of work on the Ghostlight side of things. Largely because I'm the office JRPG geek,

Oooooo, I'm telling the roguelike fans on you. If it's twin-stick gameplay, surely it's not turn-based, and if it's not turn-based, surely you mean that the game is a roguelikelike or a roguelight or a rogueroguelikelike.

I'm a big fan of rogue-anything games. I don't get too mired in the whole definitions, using the term roguelike as a blanket, but there's a fiercely loyal sector who get lexicographical when it comes to roguelikes.

I kind of hate "clever" wrong spelling of words.

I agree with R3alityExxxists. It's eyerolling, and can really put me off of a game.

Yeah, seems like almost any zombie game will sell a ton, especially those that really emphasize the survival aspect.

I really want a zombie survival game without zombies. I know it sounds crazy. i just want the setting and the enemy to be different. Zombies seem to be an almost cheap way of doing it. No imagination at all.

What about a Robot apocalypse, aliens, or even giant ants? Something different.

titch

Yeah. People just going all "well i donnnnnnnnnnnnt know" over a dollar. Weird to me, but whatevz.

I only really want two games out of it so defo getting them all was just more interested if anyone really wanted the other titles in it that I am unlikely to play/install

Guac, Ascend & at a push reaper are the only games I am likely to play unless someone was to really sell me on the others.

Deques

There is a group called Group Buy in Steam. There you can split the cost of a bundle with other people who might want your spares. I have been using the group a few times.
For those who just only want parts of a bundle and want to split the cost with other people can use this group

derExperte

Yeah. People just going all "well i donnnnnnnnnnnnt know" over a dollar. Weird to me, but whatevz.

I know but while those games look okay/good none are on my wishlist and I already own Guacamelee and Double Dragon (on PS3) which makes the highest tier uninteresting. It's less about the dollar and more about if I want the bundle at all and seeing that I could've paid less yesterday.... I'll decide next week.

titch

There is a group called Group Buy in Steam. There you can split the cost of a bundle with other people who might want your spares. I have been using the group a few times.
For those who just only want parts of a bundle and want to split the cost with other people can use this group

Cheers for that will have a look tonight!!!

I don't mind buying the bundle and then putting the rest up for raffle but if someone really wants them in advance I'd be happy to buy the bundle and gift some stuff too.

So, I'm going to play Dark Souls in a few days but just wanted to prepare. My specs are:

i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m

I want to play it at 1080p and 30fps locked, with a DS4 controller and without GFWL.

So, I understand that I opt in to the Beta to play it only on Steam. But I have the following questions:

1. What's the best mod for DS4 button interface?
2. Do I just set everything to Ultra?
3. Are there any other recommended things to install?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think it looks cool. What was the last pc arena shooter? Unreal tournament 3 in 2007?

There have been like 20 smaller releases, all varying degrees of shit, in the last five years that would fall into the subgenre.

There isn't much point to the genre since Q3. It can only go downhill from there and Q3 is ageless.

Deques

Cheers for that will have a look tonight!!!

I don't mind buying the bundle and then putting the rest up for raffle but if someone really wants them in advance I'd be happy to buy the bundle and gift some stuff too.

It's a good group, sometimes you just only want one game from a bundle, and buying the whole bundle for just one game seems a bit waste of money. Although you have to be lucky to find someone sell that particular game you want

derExperte

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nucular Throne -- MB-75A3022D39AD1664 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 51 entrants total.

t1421427079z1.png

.!.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm going to play Dark Souls in a few days but just wanted to prepare. My specs are:

i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m

I want to play it at 1080p and 30fps locked, with a DS4 controller and without GFWL.

So, I understand that I opt in to the Beta to play it only on Steam. But I have the following questions:

Why would you want to play it locked at 30fps? With those specs you could easily play it at 1080p/60fps. Just use DSFix.

Anyone here patiently waiting for fall 2015 games to be announced so that I can know what games i'll be getting with my new gfx card? Thinking it's gonna be Arkham Knight, whatever flavor of asscreed is coming out this year, but i'm wondering what the third one might be.

Nabs

i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
GTX 970m

1) Check the Dark Souls Nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/?

In DSFix, you'll want to enable texture override, then put whatever you download into the dsfix/tex_override folder. I also recommend grabbing the High-Res UI and Subtitle one.

I do recommend playing at 60fps and dropping it to 30 when you're going down large ladders or trying to make tricky jumps. You can toggle your FPS by hitting backspace at anytime. If you're using DS4Windows you can set hotkey swipes to handle this stuff. It's pretty good. I got a swipe for FPS, another for no hud, and another to toggle the hud mod (mini hud).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom