• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I take it we don't know when Ep. 2 of Life is Strange is gonna release huh?
Really hope this game won't suffer from Telltale relase syndrome =_=

http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/0/626329820662308961/#c626329820725067653

A lot of you asked how long it will be between episodes. The team have mentioned there will be approximately 6-7 weeks between each episode. The nature of episodic games means it’s hard to be exact but we want to ensure players don’t have to wait too long. Each episode lasts approximately 2 – 2.5 hours per episode depending on the pace you play.

Monooboe

Got to LA in Wasteland 2 and I don't know if I want to continue... so thinking about starting with Shadowrun instead, but am I foolish in wanting to play the first one before Dragonfall? I'm desperate after a topnotch RPG.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm pulling your leg for having DS2 as GOTY, you know that, don't you?
you totally should have reserved it for Trails!
is dark souls mainstream now?

Got to LA in Wasteland 2 and I don't know if I want to continue... so thinking about starting with Shadowrun instead, but am I foolish in wanting to play the first one before Dragonfall? I'm desperate after a topnotch RPG.
topnotch rpg i wouldn't say either shadowrun is

they're have good writing and they're fun but very flawed

Nabs

Shit. I forgot to shut Steam down last night and ended up downloading 55 updates. 14 gigs for games I probably should have deleted a while ago.

pahamrick

I would say play Shadowrun Returns before Dragonfall, because it's that much of an upgrade over the first.

Knurek

I think it is a fair reflection of the amazing year Nintendo has had. They did make three incrementally improved sequels after all!

Just think about it - every year that Nintedo finds successful pushes the time when they will go third party (and maybe even Steam) away.

Maniac

Banned
Anyone still playing The Forest? And how is the game doing?

I've not played it for a week or two, but they've been improving the game at a steady pace. New animals, weapons, huts, traps, effigies and all kinds of stuff popped up in the last update. I believe they run on a monthly(?) update schedule, and thus far it's very promising.

... Recently they added friggin'... Tree-houses! Treehuts, tree whatever. Suspended in a sodding tree.

It's coo'.

Zafir

if you have dunder in your fl you can ask him, he's not trading gta5 to ppl outside of it right now
you can post something in the buy/sale/thread in the meantime, maybe another person who's trading might see your post

I don't have him on my friends list. In fact I don't really have many people on Steamgaf on it really, oddly enough.

Already posted in that thread, but no one seems to be responding. xD

Pachimari

I've not played it for a week or two, but they've been improving the game at a steady pace. New animals, weapons, huts, traps, effigies and all kinds of stuff popped up in the last update. I believe they run on a monthly(?) update schedule, and thus far it's very promising.

... Recently they added friggin'... Tree-houses! Treehuts, tree whatever. Suspended in a sodding tree.

It's coo'.
Sounds cool. I think I were last on many weeks ago and I noticed new animals, and a co-op component, is that right?

I don't have him on my friends list. In fact I don't really have many people on Steamgaf on it really, oddly enough.

Add me if you want a friend: MadridistaGAF

Grief.exe

looking at the GOTY awards, shouldn't the forums be renamed NintenGAF?

I think it is a fair reflection of the amazing year Nintendo has had. They did make three incrementally improved sequels after all!

It's interesting considering GAF has a heavy PS4 bias, yet there wasn't a single PS4-exclusive game in the top ten. Even if you count multiplatform games, that would only leave Dragon Age, Mordor, and Wolfenstein, two of which I would argue shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10.

Simultaneously shows not only what a strong year Nintendo has had, but what a terrible year both the PS4 and XBO have had. Sadly, also shows how woefully underrepresented the PC side is on GAF.

imagine how i must feel by having losta people from steamgaf except for dunder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ppl trading are probably muricans, last gta5 post answered in the b/s/t is from ~midnight in burgerland

AHA-Lambda

It's interesting considering GAF has a heavy PS4 bias, yet there wasn't a single PS4-exclusive game in the top ten. Even if you count multiplatform games, that would only leave Dragon Age, Mordor, and Wolfenstein, two of which I would argue shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10.

Simultaneously shows not only what a strong year Nintendo has had, but what a terrible year both the PS4 and XBO have had. Sadly, also shows how woefully underrepresented the PC side is on GAF.

Hear hear.

Zafir

Sounds cool. I think I were last on many weeks ago and I noticed new animals, and a co-op component, is that right?

Added
imagine how i must feel by having losta people from steamgaf except for dunder ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ppl trading are probably muricans, last gta5 post answered in the b/s/t is from ~midnight in burgerland
Possibly, but that would mean they've made a Chinese account for the sole purpose of it. I mean I suppose you could do that. You'd have to be very careful to not let something go wrong, however.

I dunno, I don't think Xbox One's was that terrible. It was far from good, but I rather enjoyed Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive. More than I did Infamous or Driveclub.

I'd say Nintendo won out of the consoles though, I'm not even that big on Nintendo and I bought more exclusives on the Wii U than I did on any other.

Maniac

Banned

Yup! Originally they said they'd love to do co-op, but that it would likely be a post-release feature. Instead we got it alongside Raccoons (THEY HAVE LITTLE PEOPLE HANDS!), deer, treehuts, big-ass bonfires... And other lovely things. They also recently implemented some sort of nigh-endless weapon upgrade feature. I believe you can use cannibal teeth and feathers to improve weapons, or something like that, heh.

Just think about it - every year that Nintedo finds successful pushes the time when they will go third party (and maybe even Steam) away.

It also makes the prospect of Nintendo going third party less appealing. If the games lose their quality, and Nintendo in turns has unsuccessful years, will we really care about the games coming to Steam?

The back catalogue is different argument which has largely been addressed by emulation.

Ban Puncher

I have leaked results from the 2015 GOTY

Amazing that Huniepop won

Why can't I pre-order 2015's GOTY?

WHY

r0luV.gif

Jawmuncher

I'm amazed divinity made it into the top 20 at all.

AHA-Lambda

Sad part is Destiny is ahead of Divinity, makes my blood boil >:O

Seriously, I'm convinced Destiny fans have Stockholm syndrome.

Jawmuncher

You can. Go to their website. You get a uncensored drm free version and a steam key.

Also, guys: Huniepop is going to have cards!
Get on that skank money, whores.

I'm unsure if I did this or not.
I've never gotten any update emails or anything. Have they sent anything?

_hekk05

Banned
Heh. You guys can have your huniepop.

In the meantime, SoundTEMP has released the full Tree of Savior OST

I'll just be having an eargasm in a corner. Don't mind me

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I agree with the first two here, but I'm not sure about the latter. Looking at the top represented titles voted on PC vs the top Wii U titles, I simply just think Nintendo had a really strong year compared to everyone when it comes to putting out top quality titles this year. And I say that as someone who plays at least trice as much on my PC as on the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom