• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, Typing of the Dragon Quest aka Secret of QWERTY

2%2Bftb%2F.png

That looks really awesome.

It gets better. A developer has confirmed that the following works too.
So they're basically letting you download the lewd content which just needs to be unlocked. I wonder how Valve feels about that because there is almost no difference to selling the "AO" version directly.

At this point they should just allow it.

abracadaver

JaseC

Zombie Army Trilogy is not available in germany anymore but I don't see any changes in steamdb?
I bought it yesterday when it was still available. What is going on with this game?

Signs you've been playing too much Dark Souls.

You dream about upgrading your +10 weapon further and then circle-strafe lizardmen enemies :/

Worth it.

Worth it. I killed Quelaag the hog, advanced further into lava world and killed the lava monster, got some rare ember further on and even entered chaos covenant (thanks for the tip frosty!). Beat the Butterfly boss too, but felt bad since it looked pretty cute and was generally not that aggro.

Thus finally opened up Sen's Fortress :D

Now there's a super ugly snake-like thing at fireshrine telling me to get the lordvessel from Anor Londo.

Got preeeeety late, so I only took one try at Sen's and got my ass whopped promptly, hah. Thoses huge swinging axes got me good >_>
I can already tell that place is going to be all about that lightning. Gonna check later which outfit I have has highest lightning resistance. Bought a couple hundred poison arrows as well :)

Still would be nice if shield upgrades would also upgrade magic/fire/lightning defenses as well :/

All in all, Dark Souls keeps surprising me. The more I play the more I am enjoying it. About 40hrs in and I still get giddy as a schoolboy finding a peeping hole into the girls locker when I open up a new area. So much fun to learn the kinks of new enemies, their attack patterns, their weaknesses and of course the secrets, layouts and shortcuts of new areas.
-
Did anything happen yesterday or why did the thread move about 15 pages instead of its usual 5 pages per day?

Well i'm glad to see the Huniepop train is back in action. Between that, RE HD, Citizens of Earth, and Gat Out Of Hell, my wallet is gonna get wrecked.

Dr Dogg

sorry, I just had to!! xD

Hahaha alright maybe I should have worded that a little differently. You don't counter a bunch of over excitable people who are all gagging to be 'shopped on to a picture of a train like some weird tribal band in anticipation of an event that has the slightest whiff of having anything to do with gaming by making a misery train which then another bunch all jump on. It's like boys and girls standing either side of the dance floor at a junior school disco because each group thinks the other has germs (I was going to use a football analogy but the resurgence of football hooliganism has died down somewhat the last couple of years).

Regardless you're all putting up with my ugly mug for the next 2 weeks!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hahaha alright maybe I should have worded that a little differently. You don't counter a bunch of over excitable people who are all gagging to be 'shopped on to a picture of a train like some weird tribal band in anticipation of an event that has the slightest whiff of having anything to do with gaming by making a misery train which then another bunch all jump on. It's like boys and girls standing either side of the dance floor at a junior school disco because each group thinks the other has germs (I was going to use a football analogy but the resurgence of football hooliganism has died down somewhat the last couple of years).

agreed :)

Regardless you're all putting up with my ugly mug for the next 2 weeks!

wut? where? you must've set the wrong pic ;)

Turfster

Anyone that tried the Evolve closed beta:
Can you actually play with your friends yet?
Or does it still put you with random people.

Signs you've been playing too much Dark Souls.

You dream about upgrading your +10 weapon further and then circle-strafe lizardmen enemies :/

Worth it.

Worth it. I killed Quelaag the hog, advanced further into lava world and killed the lava monster, got some rare ember further on and even entered chaos covenant (thanks for the tip frosty!). Beat the Butterfly boss too, but felt bad since it looked pretty cute and was generally not that aggro.

Thus finally opened up Sen's Fortress :D

Now there's a super ugly snake-like thing at fireshrine telling me to get the lordvessel from Anor Londo.

Got preeeeety late, so I only took one try at Sen's and got my ass whopped promptly, hah. Thoses huge swinging axes got me good >_>
I can already tell that place is going to be all about that lightning. Gonna check later which outfit I have has highest lightning resistance. Bought a couple hundred poison arrows as well :)

Still would be nice if shield upgrades would also upgrade magic/fire/lightning defenses as well :/

All in all, Dark Souls keeps surprising me. The more I play the more I am enjoying it. About 40hrs in and I still get giddy as a schoolboy finding a peeping hole into the girls locker when I open up a new area. So much fun to learn the kinks of new enemies, their attack patterns, their weaknesses and of course the secrets, layouts and shortcuts of new areas.
-
Did anything happen yesterday or why did the thread move about 15 pages instead of its usual 5 pages per day?

GTA went up for preorder. Don't remember anything else.

dex3108

Damn you AC Unity :( I want to play Talos but i need to finish Ac Unity first. I made mistake couple of months ago when i started too many games at once so this time i am playing game after game.

P.S. How much is GTA V from China store? I missed whole buzz about that. :D

Sweet. Thanks!

And unless they changed it, you wont be able to use the market or trade cards for some days.

Yup. When i pre ordered FF13, and saw some reports about the port, i decided to cancel it and get Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Then Shadownet asked for some cards i had in my inventory, and when i was about to give them, i saw that i couldnt trade anything for a week :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC

Zombie Army Trilogy is not available in germany anymore but I don't see any changes in steamdb?
I bought it yesterday when it was still available. What is going on with this game?

I'd guess that Rebellion realised it was selling the uncensored version this whole time.

oh wait, the NOLF extension ends on the 21th, the same day the W10 conference will be. Everything makes sense now!

NOLF 3 XBone exclusive!

Get in the game :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for PLASTICA-MAN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PLASTICA-MAN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Beta -- MB-0DBF1D8969410C68 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.

t1421519132z1.png

Sch1sm

Damn you AC Unity :( I want to play Talos but i need to finish Ac Unity first. I made mistake couple of months ago when i started too many games at once so this time i am playing game after game.

P.S. How much is GTA V from China store? I missed whole buzz about that. :D

$30. USD, that is.

ExoSoul

Banned
So, I've been playing One Finger Death Punch and I had hit a roadblock until I realised you can lose on purpose to lower the speed >_>

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase is time to change your avatar!

Stockholm, PA is premiering at Sundance in six days so I suppose you're right. ;)

oh wait, the NOLF extension ends on the 21th, the same day the W10 conference will be. Everything makes sense now!

Yeah, I've been keeping a close eye on the USPTO site as I've been expecting Warner to try for another extension, but it looks like that isn't happening (thankfully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom