• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Been waiting for those Dynasty Warriors dlcs to go on sale, but at only 50% off, I'll wait a little longer to make the "complete" edition more... complete.

dani_dc

huh? But it's in EA. Why need a separate signup?

I'm guessing to have more players. Currently the EA is payed (it gets you some exclusive stuff), but since the game is supposed to be F2P it makes sense that they'd want to test it with more players than just the people that payed for EA.

Adventis

Thank god the market lockout has finally been lifted, was excruciating. Went on an idling spree over the last couple of days and collected something like 50+ cards to sell, mostly animu ones heheh.
Time to go on a market gaming/badge crafting spree!

Oh, and is there some place you can donate unwanted coupons to btw?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
R* just made India and China-specific subs for GTAV. Grab the game on the cheap while you can -- although they're not region-locked yet I can only assume that's the intention.

Edit: Oh, they've already been put to use and are giftable. That practically rules out any heavy region-locking measures.

JaseC

What if all those chinese copies turn out to be chinese only? :D

The issue would blow up and R* would essentially be forced to make a new language-locked sub and revert the previous one to its initial state. What R* needs to do (because it's already too late) is make another CN-specific sub and disable gifting on it -- while that is easily circumvented, R* would be under no pressure to revert any heavy-handed region-lock measures since people shouldn't have been gifting it in the first place (see: Squeenix and Thi4f's RU/CIS pre-purchase subs).

titch

Just finished Hexcells - pretty gutted tbh as i stupidly thought for some reason there were three separate 'worlds' not the game saves - haha what an idiot. It kinda took the shine of it as i was looking forward to the next set and it was complete. Probably going to max all three game saves just for fun now.

Straight onto Hexcells Plus and was fine until i got stumped a little on 1-6 till i realised the only way to get the answer was to
Count the number of blue tiles remaining, never needed to do that on Hexcells.

If that's an ongoing theme i can see how folk were going on about plus being a brain squeeze.

Oh anyone that hasnt tried Hexcells and enjoys the odd puzzler they should give it a go or they are doing themselves a dis-service

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The issue would blow up and R* would essentially be forced to make a new language-locked sub and revert the previous one to its initial state.

... and that's why volvo will be super-quick to add China and India to the "Asia" region .... there's no way they're going to let it slide ...

JaseC

... and that's why volvo will be super-quick to add China and India to the "Asia" region .... there's no way they're going to let it slide ...

R* made the game $30 by its own accord. 99% of the games on Steam CN are priced identically to the US because the region has no special USD pricing a la CIS countries (if it did, China would already be included in the ACRTAG group).

Can they change my game to be censored or is that unlikely?

As I said last night, it's theoretically possible, but since the game has been taken down from Steam DE I assume Rebellion will leave the sub alone.

derExperte

capturemguf3.png

Hmmm. They lead to different subs, old and new.

JaseC

After this fix that, 'cart trick' used to buy row copies might still work, since they didn't block buying main package from CH/IN :p

I was avoiding mentioning this because I don't want R* to fix it before I can get my hands on a copy. :(

Shade

Old bundle stuff. Another giveaway post incoming. For some reason didn't add the rest. Ah well. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STCC II -- MB-8A219B8AC150B7C4 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Fester Mudd -- MB-08910F0C79047DA3 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Really Big Sky Steam Key -- MB-2581A2EFC46DBE0D - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
alien shooter 2 reloaded -- MB-6BB591A27878FACF
xheRJRF.gif
zombie shooter 2 -- MB-BAECBEB8E5529C18 - Taken by abracadaver. 1 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-E8EDBA9C5C7BA93E - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-399932165138290A - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 1 entrants total.
madballs in babo dlc -- MB-5CDEE47B84344645
Really Big Sky -- MB-9EC36C74EA8930EF - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-26E0648F51E61761 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 -- MB-C74C5F9753CD1A7D - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-024559A1419EFEE9 - Taken by Fare Godmace. 2 entrants total.

t1421522602z1.png

Dr Dogg

bigzgod

58921 is back. Still no actual activation restriction.

Do you think they'll just add in a run lock? It wouldn't be difficult and they can always point to that notice if anyone complains about it being retro, especially with most people getting the old sub versions.

Maniac

Banned
Well... Anyone around able to buy me a chinese GTA copy? I need it in my veins pls. I'd ask Dunder but apparently I don't have him on my friendslist anymore :|

-------

Aaaaaanyone got an idea where Dying Light is cheapest?

JaseC

Do you think they'll just add in a run lock? It wouldn't be difficult and they can always point to that notice if anyone complains about it being retro, especially with most people getting the old sub versions.

It's a distinct possibility.

MRORANGE

Apologies everyone waiting for the results today for the Steam GOTY Award as it will not be happening today. Unfortunately I haven't even counted all the votes yet due to work and other stuff, I've asked a mod to change the title so no one gets confused.

I haven't set a date for when the results to be released to stop further disappointment but I hope it to be soon.

Apologies again.

Well... Anyone around able to buy me a chinese GTA copy? I need it in my veins pls. I'd ask Dunder but apparently I don't have him on my friendslist anymore :|

-------

Aaaaaanyone got an idea where Dying Light is cheapest?

yeah me too ;_; dunder-sama pls

anyone still selling their GTA V china copies on steam?

PM pls ;_;

The dream is dead once again RIP in Peace. Come on, join me in the "I paid the full price for EU GTAV" preorder bonus shirt crew

After finishing The Evil Within, I think I'll continue on the horror roll and start Alien Isolation. I also remembered that I bought the Season Pass for EW in the autumn sale and I am glad I did, can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom