• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Seems like they fixed GTAV. Gutting I couldn't find anyone to buy it from. Kept contacting traders and was just messed about every single time. :I

Tizoc

Did Soul Gambler just got cards added to it?

Seems like they fixed GTAV. Gutting I couldn't find anyone to buy it from. Kept contacting traders and was just messed about every single time. :I

wAIT you're telling me $30 from China is over?!
SAY IT AIN'T SO DAMNIT!

Oh, that sucks. Most of the time, I'll only use wiki/guide if I don't care about the single player portion of a game, like the later Pokemon games. But I'll make sure I don't do that for Dark Souls, despite any frustration.
That must be a great feeling :) This is what I want to experience. I'm sure I'll miss out a lot but still. BTW, will I run into issues if I play this offline? I don't want any multiplayer stuff.
The game is perfectly playable offline but online adds a lot imo. Even if only for the comradery when seeing other players ghosts visiting bonfires :)
Also listen to Dante. He has some very good points.
The messaging system comes in handy since some locations are difficult to find, and that's one of the better additions of the online functionality and no shame in using it imo. I went in blind myself, but did partake in some co-op play, and won/lost a few invasion battles :/
The important part is, your experience won't be worse by playing online.
I saw a steam stream of this some weeks ago. Looks fun but doesn't look like having legs. Just like the many online games which don't have any population in the near future I fear.
GTA went up for preorder. Don't remember anything else.
Oh, yeah. I saw so many people on my Activity buying the game :O
Crazy how many buy day 1.
Looks like the only way to get it on Steam is to buy it directly from Steam.
Hm. That is not so good.
image.php

sorry, I just had to!! xD
Oh my. That is the real Doc? I was imagining him looking much more worn off tbh.
:p
Overwrite the .exe , adultsonly.xp3 and adultsonly.xp3.sig
Also, add a launch option in Steam: -steam="yes"
Bookmarked for eventual playthrough >_>
From the 2014 GotY thread
PC Game of the Year:
Divinity: Original Sin = 339 points, 7 honorable mentions
2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance = 87 points, 5 honorable mentions
3. Wasteland 2 = 76 points, 8 honorable mentions
4. Valkyria Chronicles = 71 points, 9 honorable mentions
5. Jazzpunk = 67 points, 3 honorable mentions
This is PC in general BTW, and IMO a good list =)
Wooooah!!! Where is Dark Souls 2 !!!???
Well, that's one damn good price for GTA5, was a nono at $40+, but I can't resist at <$30.
I'll be able to help a few people to buy GTA5 for $27 each.
For now I'll only help those I already have in my friends list, so shoot me a message on Steam.
Hope it's ok i put this message here, not really looking to get bombed with PMs from the B/S/T thread and don't wanna spam my friends list. (sorry, but don't bother to PM me if we're not already friends on Steam, no exceptions for now)
Edit: Those are region free Steam gift copies, from little china.
Damn dunder! That is a mighty fine price. I'll hop in your offer hopefully at the first steam discount that brings Chinese version to sub-10€

Hope Valve doesn't pull this plug :/
I forgot about the dragon bridge after the Taurus Demon. That ended poorly.
Damn. You have merely 26hrs clocked in o_O
Would have imagined you to have played DS1 in & out by now.

Shade

Here is a few more keys. Seems modbot didn't like my other extras, so I'll give these away instead!

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-98CF62B410524CFF - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Commandos 2 Men of Courage -- MB-FB4F59FB10E7D920 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Deadly 30 -- MB-22514A8FACF589B2 - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-DB5DC7923CEE4EF2 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 5 entrants total.
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-1968B6687D1DD96E - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Directors Cut -- MB-BD71C4CD62BED16A - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.
shadow Man -- MB-912100778FDCEAB1 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Imperium Romanum -- MB-F9BEC75B65305637 - Taken by anastef. 3 entrants total.
Hammerwatch -- MB-C8FA904A23EE3779 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-120F63498D8B0009 - Taken by Pestilence11. 2 entrants total.
Commandos 3 Destination Berlin -- MB-5EDD01881BD5C036 - Taken by nightstorm. 4 entrants total.
Lexica -- MB-81551C8EAF3F4A66 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-CB967E4A43FA7863 - Taken by rrvv. 2 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-7D3486F42EFAA170 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 3 entrants total.
echo of the wilds -- MB-2551C6F39813E961 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
The Book of Legends -- MB-F4E1AEF80BC88802 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Papers Please -- MB-AD785C0DAD4FFA06 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
Commandos Behind Enemy Lines -- MB-5EA9EA408FF36315 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Triple Town -- MB-3E96AC36BB8D97BC - Taken by XDDX. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-336FC9186668E1E3 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
AudioSurf -- MB-1DB457905014E67B - Taken by yuraya. 3 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-F363161F7F83BFF1 - Taken by SaveFerris. 3 entrants total.
Race the Sun -- MB-5E56A6EAB334A2E7 - Taken by Saty. 5 entrants total.
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete -- MB-3A26CF786FF6FF8E - Taken by Mr. Doop. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-46EF7A595D76E560 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Patrician III -- MB-751AFDA87BBE960E - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack -- MB-8100B269F4F57382 - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-E6264766D15DA659 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-0AF3AD9C5CEBF050 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Commandos Beyond the Call of Duty -- MB-200589D2C94962D3 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Grand Ages Rome -- MB-811761383DD3DAE0 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1421524761z1.png

Dr Dogg

The dream is dead once again RIP in Peace. Come on, join me in the "I paid the full price for EU GTAV" preorder bonus shirt crew

After finishing The Evil Within, I think I'll continue on the horror roll and start Alien Isolation. I also remembered that I bought the Season Pass for EW in the autumn sale and I am glad I did, can't wait.

I'm tempted to make this.

MRORANGE

For the new page:

Apologies everyone waiting for the results today for the Steam GOTY Award as it will not be happening today. Unfortunately I haven't even counted all the votes yet due to work and other stuff, I've asked a mod to change the title so no one gets confused.

I haven't set a date for when the results to be released to stop further disappointment but I hope it to be soon.

Apologies again.

bigzgod

Shocked this is still available. I guess our best hope now is that no one notices at Gamestop and the orders just process normally.

At this point, I think it'll be canceled. If it was only a few orders and a short time up, they'd be willing to eat it. But it's been a while now...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wAIT you're telling me $30 from China is over?!
SAY IT AIN'T SO DAMNIT!

The CN sub is actually region-free, but R* added a fake ACRTAG-like notice to the store page, which leaves open the possibility that it'll be region-locked in the near future. That said, the ROW sub still only has Germany as a purchase-restricted country...

omg you did the 60 random level generator one

I did a couple of them, but it just wasn't the same feels that the regular levels gave me :|

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I did everything else, but after playing a couple of the random ones, it didn't seem worth it to bother with 58 more. They weren't nearly as interesting.

Anteater

The CN sub is actually region-free, but R* added a fake ACRTAG-like notice to the store page, which leaves open the possibility that it'll be region-locked in the near future. That said, the ROW sub still only has Germany as a purchase-restricted country...

i know some of these words

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Evolve (Beta) -- MB-8FAA287D5B979F6A - Taken by RedFyn

Zafir

Does that mean you could still use that old trick to buy the RoW version at the Chinese price?

Not sure how that trick worked honestly.

I have an announcement to make.
With EviLore's blessing, as part of There Came an Echo's Trading Card Set (5/5), I have added a :neogaf: Steam emoticon.
f67294763a0c52e5193f55934ab5c280f7152653.png

f91a74479f8cc11231e0a8c2de59cc8647e5069f.png

You know you want it.
How much gems can I melt this into? ;)
http://i.imgur.com/zdlv3Az.jpg
Welp, I somehow traded The Long Dark for this and Hexcells, so I mustn't run away. I mustn't run away! I only put links to risky pictures, so don't click on them when you're at work or during a family meeting.
This is freakin' hilarious XD

Waiting eagerly for the second part!
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcu0l1MKW51qktqch.gif
Source please?

Thanks!
I don't understand. Why does have a reputable and well known developer has to go through Greenlight? I thought it's especially for new devs.

Btw, the girls have some crazy thin legs. Looks not healthy.

Knurek

I don't understand. Why does have a reputable and well known developer has to go through Greenlight? I thought it's especially for new devs.

Special "fuck you" from Valve.
At least it's not a "We don't think this product fits our store" email, like it would be a few years ago.

Lain

Another VN which has been on green light for a little bit (was waiting for it's kickstarted to be funded)

268x268.resizedimage

Greenlight Page:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=364289351&tscn=1419787535
Echo Tokyo is a cyber punk open world dystopian visual novel game with dating sim components. In this world you will play as either Shizume Misaki or Light Keiji. Each one will follow their own storyline in parrallel with the other, to give you the player a larger sense of the world and the plot.
637x358.resizedimage

At least they know how to grab my attention with that lady surrounded by fire.

Phinor

Dam this Hype Train will crash so hard XD Windows 10 event thread

What are your expectations SteamGAF?

I expect that they will somehow manage to announce almost nothing of interest. And that's my hope too. If they are going for some Windows+Xbox integration with fun for everyone, it will somehow end up in tears for Windows users. Probably taking features we already have and making them exclusive somehow.

Oh and announcing some horrible free-to-play game for PC from someone like Rare. A game NO ONE wanted.

So I'm pretty positive. Hoping that they announce nothing, fearing that they will announce something/anything.

Lomax

Well it's always possible Gamestop will eat the cost, but yeah, seems unlikely. Pretty fucked up it is still listed on the site for that price though. My luck with price mistakes recently hasn't been very good. Of course, given Deep Silver's prior habits, it will be 75% off by next winter sale anyway.

If you're using Win7? Sadness, tears and teeth gnashing.

If DirectX 12 is as big a deal as some devs are claiming, and it becomes a Windows 10 exclusive, it will be interesting to see what the fallout is. Because we all know what happened to DirectX 10.

Uzzy

Dam this Hype Train will crash so hard XD Windows 10 event thread

What are your expectations SteamGAF?

Streaming Xbone games to other Windows 10 devices is one strong possibility. If they announce something closer to GFWL 2.0, then it'll just be a case of waiting for the other shoe to drop, perhaps through paid online, or DX12 exclusively on that store.

Ideally we'd just see Microsoft bringing some of their exclusive titles to PC through Steam, but that's not going to happen.

Ozium

I refuse to take the tweet of some developer as gospel when it comes to a business decision that belongs to Gamestop.

in other words, BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom