• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, which was fun but only took about 3 hours. The length of the game makes it hard for me to recommend it at full price, but the fact that it's got great puzzles and a fun, cheesy story means I have no problem recommending picking it up on sale.

I'm doing pretty good on the 52 games in 2015 challenge, this is #5.

Jame Retief

Neo Member
This doesn't sound too right. There is a cool off period after being invaded. Once you've been invaded, you get like 20+ minutes where you can't be invaded again (unless you use the crooked finger).

You can abuse this tactic in the Bell towers too...just run in and get killed, then run up to the gargoyles while you're on cool down.

Never used the finger and I don't know why, but I never had a cool off period on invasions there, unless I went hollow of course. I was specifically going in as Human to summon for the Gargoyles and as I said, it took a lot of tries before I made it without being invaded. A 20 minute window would have been very welcome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tizoc

It looks like Nuuvem is the cheapest if you don't care about it being on steam. If you do care, it appears you will have to pay full price.

$35 sounds good, If anyone can help me get it I'd appreciate it, I can pay back in the form of Steam games worth $35 though since Paypal would mean i pay a little over $35 for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
cedd722838.gif

Zafir

Yeah, that's precisely what I asked Dunder to do and he came through. <3 Looks like R* still hasn't added China and India as purchase-restricted countries, so if you have Dunder on your friends list or can otherwise find a Chinese trader willing to do the trick, then you can still get yourself a ROW copy on the cheap.

Well, don't have him on my friends list, and I spent a lot of today trying to find a chinese trader, so I think im just going to give up, honestly.

Unless there's anyone else who can help.

Tizoc

Yeah, that's precisely what I asked Dunder to do and he came through. <3 Looks like R* still hasn't added China and India as purchase-restricted countries, so if you have Dunder on your friends list or can otherwise find a Chinese trader willing to do the trick, then you can still get yourself a ROW copy on the cheap.

Based Prophet of Ronan, thanks for that, hope Dunder can help get me a copy later today XO.

Happy b-day, here's a better cake for you
tumblr_inline_ng676yAlD61rvxuv3.png

bigzgod

$35 sounds good, If anyone can help me get it I'd appreciate it, I can pay back in the form of Steam games worth $35 though since Paypal would mean i pay a little over $35 for me.

I believe Vietnam is $45, though finding someone from Vietnam is probably harder than finding someone from China who knows the trick.

Grief.exe

I'll send him a message right now. Hopefully I can grab a copy, even though there's a good chance this will turn out poorly.

Edit: looks like he Just went offline.

ExoSoul

Banned
Welp my room just got flooded, the PS2 is fine, the PS3 should be alright but the PS4 and my desktop aren't looking so well. Would the "put it in a bag of rice" work in this situation if there isn't much water inside?

Happy birthday you temptress =)
The irony of your tag and my current situation... perfect.

I'm back.
After a very hectic work + school schedule plus a sickly body, I have to request a ban to keep me focused on the things I should do.
Steam related stuff that I did during my self-induced ban:
-Watched a brave man stream NSFW Nekopara
-Bought all the Ys games + some anime games
-Deleted Nekopara after attempting to play through a NSFW scene
-Finished 3/5 of the routes in If my Heart had wings
-Died like a bitch while playing Ys I

What is darkwraith?

Darkwraith is one of the more difficult covenants to join.
It requires beating
4 Kings before placing the lordvessel. This is really easy to miss because you're far more likely to place it shortly after receiving it (so you can open up three areas and the next leg of the game). If you do it right, you'll meet another creepy snake-teeth face creature after beating 4 Kings.

Essentially Darkwraiths specialize in invading. One of the items they can receive is a shiny new red eye orb. You've likely stumbled upon cracked red eyes. Those are one-time use, a complete orb is infinite. Since joining the Darkwraiths requires some knowledge of the game, invaders tend to be better players and lower-level (so they always have humans to prey on).

Sucks that the Gat Out of Hell deal won't be honored.

Tizoc

I'll send him a message right now. Hopefully I can grab a copy, even though there's a good chance this will turn out poorly.

Edit: looks like he Just went offline.

lol I was just gonna mention that XD. Well, check back 9-10 hours from now and YOU SHould be able to get him.

Grief.exe

lol I was just gonna mention that XD. Well, check back 9-10 hours from now and YOU SHould be able to get him.

He actually gifted me a copy a couple hours ago! I was talking to him this morning and he must of remembered, what a great guy.

Will have to get with him to hash out the details.

Just played a bit Skyrouge.

This game is legit. And to think I got it for 34cents!

Controls are tight. Flying and maneuvering feels great. There are enough control abilities to enable some nifty moves. You can activate afterburners which decreases fast turn movement or decelerate for better maneuverability; falling in the back at dogfights.
Your jet can even stall! So don't get too careless.

Weapon selection is great. You start out with three: Machine Gun, Rockets, Guided Rockets. The ammo refills after a quick cool-off which is great. Would have been awful to search for ammo-orbs in the sky.

Aiming is already top-notch. You can cycle through nearby enemies and once you're close enough for guided weapons you'll get audio and visual cues for locking.

Explosions look awesome. :)

Despite ending after death the game has unlockable ships and weapons which stay after death.

I played with a DS3 which felt very comfortable. But I hope for better navigation in the menu; D-pad usage would be very nice.

Totally recommended at the current price which will give you a steam key in the future.

Here some pics. Also, the game runs like a breeze and has gorgeous visuals imo.
http://puu.sh/eFJyj/cedd722838.gif
Happy birthday!

Speevy

Banned
y does t3h LAMECUBE get all the RE games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil / biohazard HD REMASTER -- MB-EA11209BF2989DA5 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 61 entrants total.

t1421567784z1.png

Tizoc

Just played a bit Skyrouge.

This game is legit. And to think I got it for 34cents!

Controls are tight. Flying and maneuvering feels great. There are enough control abilities to enable some nifty moves. You can activate afterburners which decreases fast turn movement or decelerate for better maneuverability; falling in the back at dogfights.
Your jet can even stall! So don't get too careless.

Weapon selection is great. You start out with three: Machine Gun, Rockets, Guided Rockets. The ammo refills after a quick cool-off which is great. Would have been awful to search for ammo-orbs in the sky.

Aiming is already top-notch. You can cycle through nearby enemies and once you're close enough for guided weapons you'll get audio and visual cues for locking.

Explosions look awesome. :)

Despite ending after death the game has unlockable ships and weapons which stay after death.

I played with a DS3 which felt very comfortable. But I hope for better navigation in the menu; D-pad usage would be very nice.

Totally recommended at the current price which will give you a steam key in the future.

Here some pics. Also, the game runs like a breeze and has gorgeous visuals imo.

Happy birthday!

Is it comparable to SEGA's After Burner series?

Tizoc

Never heard or played that.

It's a game where you fly a plane and blow up other planes and rack up score.
It got delisted from PSN and XBL recently, but I had a blast playing AB Climax on my PS3.
Look it up on Youtube then let me know (I'm at work so YT's blocked :V)

Is there an easier way to find the weeklong deals on steam? Can't seem to find 'em off the main page so I usually resort to googling "weeklong steam"

>__>

Saints Row 4 was free for two days. I've started playing it, and found myself enjoying the game despite the lack of story. I was thinking of buying it, should I get any dlcs with it? I was thinking of getting the anime pack.

Lomax

Holy crap Injustice looks like an entirely different game using SweetFX. How did anyone think that murky washed out look was in any way good? MK9 didn't have that problem.

Lomax

What Sweet FX setting did you use?

I just downloaded someone's presets that had been mentioned on the steam forums. I had to use SweetFX 1.4 to make it work. I don't actually know anything about SweetFX, this is the first time I've ever used it >.> But dear god, it looks completely different, the colors pop out and the whole washed out look is gone.

Page with the presets download:
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/934/

Forum thread:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242700/discussions/0/648811852740615553/

Tizoc

I just downloaded someone's presets that had been mentioned on the steam forums. I had to use SweetFX 1.4 to make it work. I don't actually know anything about SweetFX, this is the first time I've ever used it >.> But dear god, it looks completely different, the colors pop out and the whole washed out look is gone.

Page with the presets download:
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/934/

Forum thread:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242700/discussions/0/648811852740615553/

I mean preset actually, but thanks for the link, let me give it a look.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just visited Gamersyde and found several new images of Dark Souls 2 - Sins of the First Sin.

Can't tell differences courtesy of not having played DS2 much, so I would gladly appreciate opinions of DS-experienced ones.

In the comments I saw someone posting DS2 vanilla and GeDoSaTo ones. Damn!

Looks sooooo good.

first one looks exactly the same to me

ed: ok imma try to be useful

tried to analyse all the pictures. they all look more or less the same except the first one seems to have like dynamic light sources coming from the fire which i can't remember if it happened aside from torches/bonfires and i think there's ambient occlusion in the one with the covenant of champions thing and i think that's new

i personally don't see much of a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom